Phantis Forums

Maybe his style resonates with Yanks where a lot of the sports in the US are all about statistics ?

What a lot of people don't grasp is that it doesn't matter if you're the best football genius in the world, if the players don't listen to you, it doesn't mean anything.  If Rogers has lost the players (and it does seem that way) then it's over.

• Like it 1

I still can't get over the last two months of football this club has played under this ponce of a manager and the overrated highly paid rubbish players they decided to sign only 12 months earlier.

The last 25 years ( since Liverpool last one the league ) the ethos of the club and its past glories has completely disappeared. It has no significance whatsoever to owners, managers and players. Time to get out from under that rock. Go tell Sterling! Tell Suarez! Tell Torres! Tell Owen! Tell Alonso, Mascherano or even as far back as McManaman ! Tell anyone we signed, this past season, for a 20 million quid joy ride in the EPL. They prefer sunshine too! But I am supposed to walk on as a fan ? ( YNWA chant )

This team has F*** all to do with the club I walked thru 5 times in my lifetime spending a near fortune to travel from all over the World to go watch at Anfield in pissing rain and cold. Nothing!

Many other fans share my frustration. Neither will I be the first, nor last, to say "F*** it!" - there are much better things to do.

Rodgers is an imbecile. Came from Wigan , Watford and Swansea and some sport moron American suits from a baseball background decided he was their guy to create the Billy Banks ( brilliantly played I might add by Brad Pitt ) theory of acquiring players by stats to turn this club around into a consistent top 4 team. Take Suarez out of the equation and a younger Gerrard and they have done F*** all with this team the past 3 years.

Can't see how they can turn this s%$#! around now. Only hope is that they come to their senses , sack Rodgers and his idiot Transfer committee , hire a established big time personality manager in either Klopp or Ancelotti and let them decide what players they want.

Edited by Greekaus

Sterling ain't cut out for Real Madrid, he can't even score more goals than a 34 y/o Gerrard this season. You need more than just an inflated ego to play for a team like Real. Having said that I'd rather that we sell him to a team outside the EPL (assuming he will leave).

On a brighter note I see the LFC players have let their hair down on Gerrard's leaving do in Dubai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksf6ofDON8E

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33046003

ings can only get better  :D

a sign of ings to come  :D

its signings like this that are the reason Liverpool are inept and will once again not be challenging

from Suarez Alonso Torres Mascherano Reina Arbeloa Agger & Gerrard to Ings Mignolet Toure Sakho Borini Balotelli & Enrique  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by js1000

If Milner , Ings maybe Bogdan and Clyne are the moves they are going to make this Summer then that's a massive disappointment . Keeping this same manager with this squad intact then you might as well throw in the towel from now. No intent to buy better players or to get better as a team.

I keep hoping my team keeps its manager for more than half a season. It makes me feel oh so slightly better that the grass isn't greener on the other side, Chairman. Rodgers keeping his job for so long is inexplicable.

Liverpool should have never sold Reina anyway. And well Valdes may not be Man Utd's reserve keeper for much longer also.

But I'm not too fussed about having a dodgy ginger Hungarian as our back up keeper. It would be a bit pointless to spend a lot of money on a player to just ride the bench.

Right-back, centre-mid and attack are the main areas that need strengthening.

• 2 weeks later...

16 the year before. 

Risky move but could be worth the risk....is what I would be saying if it was any other club but Liverpool have spent huge amounts on players that are not well known and that has not worked out well.

See what happens, could link up nicely with Coutinho.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't get me started on Sterling, the little shite. At least we got a good fee and no longer have to put up with his bad boy attitude.

But it looks like Rodgers is going to spend 32.5million of the Sterling money on Benteke, who also seems very overpriced. But he can hardly be worse then Balotelli I guess.

• 1 month later...

Yes , total spending in 3 years.

Did recoup more than half of it back from the Suarez and Sterling transfers but the problem still is so complete waste of outgoing funds. No more than 3-4 out of the 31 incoming players have done a decent job. Rest have been rubbish buys

Greekaus is right, you would think with all that money, they could've brought in a sure thing. What's that Liverpool can't attract big players anymore? Piss poor excuse if you ask me.

On the park the guy is still at the helm, despite loss after loss, embarrassing ones as well. They defended and pressed well against arsenal but, were founded out by west ham.

They need the most reputable manager they can find, firstly because he won't work with nobodies.

Rodgers is an idiot that believes his own hype with no success to back it.

Look at the squad today after the transfer window has officially shut.

They have no back up RB

No recognized LB as a starter

CBs still full of mistakes in them

Has at least half a dozen number 10s, he has no clue who to play , who to leave out and when

Yet Benteke his

• 1 month later...

Agree. British coaches, in fact add British players to that list. All overpriced and overrated. Never evolved into the modern game. Funny really cause the most watched and most honest and competitive league in the World is run by its class foreigners.

Can't remember the very last creative English born midfielder or great striker. I think that all ended with, Barnes Casgoine, Gerrard, Scholes , Shearer perhaps. .

Klopp has a bitch of a job ( if its him that gets to manage Liverpool ) trying to make something useful out of this unbalanced squad. Some useful players in Can, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge and Benteke but he needs to keep them fit and find the right position and formation for it to work, something that baboon Rodgers failed miserably in.