Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11


Recommended Posts

On 11/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, ausgreek said:

Masouras has got a problem with composure in front of goal. Has missed sitters afew times now. Vrousai should come back in.

Exactly, looks like he has confidence issue which is a shame as when he is in form I think he is one of our best players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pirated Pirates:                                                                               4 3 3                                                              Rockafella Skank (scores)

You dudes are really asking for it. What does Greece havE? Good defence. How we gonna line up? Karnezis Torosidis - Siovas - Manolas - Sokratis - Retsos - Papadopoulos - Tzavellas - Staf

Lamprou just keep scoring at every match. He isdefinately ready. Chatzigiovanis and Bouzoukis I want to see more of them with a more decent team to decide. Limnios is ready for sure. Id like to see

Despina is a good judge, claiming the team going forward in 2020 in an attacking formation 3 4 2 1:

                                               Pavlidis

                               Mantalos              Bakasetas              

 Giannoulis            Kourbelis            Galanopoulos             Limnios

             Stafylidis (c)        Hatzidiakos           Bakakis

                                           Vlahodiimos 

   

                  Koulouris . Fortounis   Fetfa    Donis .  etc.

              

          

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bad line up. We actually have a good amount of speed. Giannoulis, Limnios and Donis are the fastest. Even Galanopoulos and Kourbelis have got some speed. I’d like to see Mantalos in a 4-2-3-1 as the CAM. I don’t think we have ever seen Mantalos as a 10 for Greece. We always see him out wide. 

I was thinking what’s going to happen with Vasiliadis because he hasn’t been capped yet and Germany can cap him at anytime and be part of their team. I guess it’s up to the individual and I think Vasiliadis is committed to Greece. 

It’s kind of a let down that we won’t see the team play until March or probably next September as I want to see the team in action all the time. It will be interesting what JVS sets up in March and who he plays. I have a list of players that he could look at:

RB/LB: Natsos, Masouras, Lykogiannis, Kyriakopoulos

CB: Nikolaou, Risvanis, Retsos

CDM/CM/CAM: Androutsos, Charisis, Vasiliadis...

RW/LW: Lamrpou, Chatzigiovannis, Gianniotas..

ST: Kampetsis, Manos, Emmanoulidis

Link to post
Share on other sites

JVS (vhs) is a fan of a RB named George Baldock 26 years, plays for Sheffield Utd, who are playing great football atm. Greek heritage through his grandfather. He might be a shot ahead of Masouras as RB. Like to see Bouzoukis get a call as well Deanos..

Looking at the kind of talent pool around for Greece, how were we all hypnotised into thinking that we can't attack, except on the counter and have 10 players parking the bus? 

Edited by ausgreek
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

According to this article JVS is considering calling up 7 "new" player for the friendlies in March. Pouggouras, Mavropanos, Kyriakopoulos and Lampropoulos (not exactly new) These 4 he's considering as Center backs, even though we know Kyriakopoulos as a left back it seems JVS really wants a left footed CB and thinks he can shift him into the center of defense similar to how he's done with Stafylidis. 

He's also considering Marinakis (OFI) as cover for right back, as well as Tsilianidis and Xatzigiovanis to play on the wings. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/ethnikh-elladas-oi-7-neoi-poy-vlepei-o-fan-sip.5678894.html
 

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been very impressed with Chatzigiovanis, I think with him and Limnios on either wing we could be even more dangerous than in the last four games but let's see.

I'm not sold on Pouggouras and we are stacked at LB but dont mind seen someone else at CB rather than Stafylidis who is a bench player in Germany.

Marinakis could be ok at RB, worth a shot

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 8:20 AM, Alphonse said:

I have been very impressed with Chatzigiovanis, I think with him and Limnios on either wing we could be even more dangerous than in the last four games but let's see.

I'm not sold on Pouggouras and we are stacked at LB but dont mind seen someone else at CB rather than Stafylidis who is a bench player in Germany.

Marinakis could be ok at RB, worth a shot

Well, if we are going to be more dangerous with Chatzigiovannis on the left, does that mean Mantalos should go in the middle at CAM? I wouldn’t mind that.

Im surprised Kitsiou hasn’t been talked about as he has been playing well lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 12:10 AM, paokarag4 said:

According to this article JVS is considering calling up 7 "new" player for the friendlies in March. Pouggouras, Mavropanos, Kyriakopoulos and Lampropoulos (not exactly new) These 4 he's considering as Center backs, even though we know Kyriakopoulos as a left back it seems JVS really wants a left footed CB and thinks he can shift him into the center of defense similar to how he's done with Stafylidis. 

He's also considering Marinakis (OFI) as cover for right back, as well as Tsilianidis and Xatzigiovanis to play on the wings. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/ethnikh-elladas-oi-7-neoi-poy-vlepei-o-fan-sip.5678894.html
 

I’m surprised Nikolaou is not on JVS list. He is left footed and a CB. Maybe he is needed for the u21s.

Kyriakopoulos could do well there. He’s got the height for it aswell, unlike Stafylidis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Sokratis played RB against Olympiakos and tbh, he did well so could be an option... he shut down Tsimikas pretty good and he is one of the best RB's in Europe

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 7:59 AM, Dean97 said:

I’m surprised Nikolaou is not on JVS list. He is left footed and a CB. Maybe he is needed for the u21s.

Kyriakopoulos could do well there. He’s got the height for it aswell, unlike Stafylidis.

None of these players have the calibre of our usual Defenders.

I don't know why he is trying alchemy in the only line that we have obvious talent.

Make big talks with Sokratis Manolas Siovas for their return. Like real big talk. 

Integrate Retsos, Hatzidiakos, Mavropanos (Dude is like the fly in the milk pou leme kiolas in 2. Bundesliga).

Leftback with Stafylidis (also can be used as CB also I'd rather not) Tsimikas and Giannoulis/Koutris we are fine.

Right back is a question with Retsos being the #1 option in my opinion. Bakakis because we literally have noone else.

Midfielders like Kourbelis , Siopis should be obvious starters with their appearances. Sebastian Vasiliadis is a question but according to Germans he was one of the main reasons Paderborn promoted to 1. Bundesliga. Might be nice to see if he ends up somewhere better this summer when they demote.  Slowly reestablish Zeka who doesn't have much time left with this NT. I am okay with Galanopoulos but I really think Siopis plays in a quite harder league and doing amazing appearances, so I'd rather have him despite him not being much of a help in transition. Rotation with Bouchalakis seems necessary.

Fortounis our only trully decent 10. Wingers like Limnios , Donis, Masouras, Chatzigiovanis, Lamprou are alright. Bakasetas is a waste at the wings. Either play him CF (where he is also a waste) or Second Striker/AttackingMidf. 

Pavlidis has shown the best results in the striker position but trully we are way too poor in that position. I can't be 100% hopefull for this lad yet. Another player who seems to be scoring me to tsouvali is exAEK player Taxiarchis Fountas. Koulouris should also be included because I haven't lost hope to that guy yet.

 

Vlachodimos, Dioudis, and some other goalie.

There we are. The only players who have trully shown something over the years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Sokratis is the reason Olympiakos qualified. He was marking El Arabi with his eyes.

Lmao. I was gonna say the same thing. Please don’t call him up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 12:23 AM, Rockafeller Skank said:

None of these players have the calibre of our usual Defenders.

I don't know why he is trying alchemy in the only line that we have obvious talent.

Make big talks with Sokratis Manolas Siovas for their return. Like real big talk. 

Integrate Retsos, Hatzidiakos, Mavropanos (Dude is like the fly in the milk pou leme kiolas in 2. Bundesliga).

Leftback with Stafylidis (also can be used as CB also I'd rather not) Tsimikas and Giannoulis/Koutris we are fine.

Right back is a question with Retsos being the #1 option in my opinion. Bakakis because we literally have noone else.

Midfielders like Kourbelis , Siopis should be obvious starters with their appearances. Sebastian Vasiliadis is a question but according to Germans he was one of the main reasons Paderborn promoted to 1. Bundesliga. Might be nice to see if he ends up somewhere better this summer when they demote.  Slowly reestablish Zeka who doesn't have much time left with this NT. I am okay with Galanopoulos but I really think Siopis plays in a quite harder league and doing amazing appearances, so I'd rather have him despite him not being much of a help in transition. Rotation with Bouchalakis seems necessary.

Fortounis our only trully decent 10. Wingers like Limnios , Donis, Masouras, Chatzigiovanis, Lamprou are alright. Bakasetas is a waste at the wings. Either play him CF (where he is also a waste) or Second Striker/AttackingMidf. 

Pavlidis has shown the best results in the striker position but trully we are way too poor in that position. I can't be 100% hopefull for this lad yet. Another player who seems to be scoring me to tsouvali is exAEK player Taxiarchis Fountas. Koulouris should also be included because I haven't lost hope to that guy yet.

 

Vlachodimos, Dioudis, and some other goalie.

There we are. The only players who have trully shown something over the years.

 

I agree with what your saying. Hatzidiakos to me has earned a spot in this team. I see too many positives with this guy and will get even better. 
 

I can’t see how Stafylidis fits in this team. We are stacked at LB with Tsimikas and Giannoulis having great seasons respectively. Koutris is another solid option but unfortunately is injured for 6 months... I’d go with either Tsimikas or Giannoulis. At CB we have too much talent there as we have mentioned.

The only option available for Stafylidis in my opinion is if we play him at CDM. Has got a great shot, decent passer and can be aggressive when needed. I don’t think he will play there though. It confuses me how he has been chosen as captain as we have plenty of other players who are better than him. I don’t mind him as a player I think he can offer some good things like I mentioned, but I don’t think he should take someone’s spot, especially at CB and LB. 

Siopis has something to offer in midfield. But with Galanopoulos and Vasiliadis at our disposal I don’t think it’s a good idea to have 3 CMs who are 5ft7. I don’t know I have this thing where you need at least someone who is tall enough to win headers in midfield and someone who can wi those battles and not leave it all to the CBs. All 3 are not that much different. I want to see more of Vasiliadis play. At the same time I don’t think Bouchalakis and Kourbelis are the answer. 
 

Donis is great on the wing and at striker. I believe we are lucky to have a player like him. By far our fastest player. We’ve got heaps of wide options but we fail to use them. Limnios has been fantastic for us. I know Mantalos is important to have and he is but can’t we try him in his natural position at CAM... Bakasetas has done better in his last few games, but that’s because you can’t put him anywhere else. Fortounis needs to continue where he left off. 
 

Then we have players like Fetfatzidis and Lamprou who offer plenty of speed and skill with the ball. More so than who we’ve been playing in my opinion. They are lacking in defending which is the reason why I think they haven’t been fully trusted. I say give these 2 proper chances for Greece and you won’t be disappointed. 
 

Other players like Pelkas, Samaris, Mitroglou and Tachtsidis need to do better with there clubs before they can be reconsidered in the team. 
 

Also Pavlidis is a great player. Give him time and you’ll see what he’s about. Koulouris is alright. Not the biggest fan but I will give him more time. Fountas is on fire lately he should be called up. 

Edited by Dean97
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with these points. The one thing I’d like to point out is that Stafylidis may not be great at the cb position, the team has been playing much better with him as the leader. That to me says a lot. Maybe he’s a passionate locker room guy that the guys listen to. Who knows? We’re not in the locker room. But I’m pretty sure he has been chosen because he’s got leadership abilities. Which in my opinion is a great thing to have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

I agree with these points. The one thing I’d like to point out is that Stafylidis may not be great at the cb position, the team has been playing much better with him as the leader. That to me says a lot. Maybe he’s a passionate locker room guy that the guys listen to. Who knows? We’re not in the locker room. But I’m pretty sure he has been chosen because he’s got leadership abilities. Which in my opinion is a great thing to have. 

I agree with what your saying. He hasn’t been playing bad either. He does seem like a good leader. The team needs good leaders and he could be one of them. I just don’t know if he should be taking someone else’s spot just because he is a good leader. Clearly JVS knows what he’s doing and I trust his judgement.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alphonse said:

@Dean97 Galanopoulos is still recovering from surgery, big shame as he was doing so well but he wont be at our disposal any time soon

Yeah I know. Siopis or Vasiliadis should take his spot in the starting 11. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about that, I think he will go Bouchalakis - Kourbelis but JVS is still trying things out so I have a feeling we will soon see what Vasiliadis can offer

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 8:41 AM, Jimmyp said:

Lmao. I was gonna say the same thing. Please don’t call him up. 

You guys are ridiculous, so a player has a bad moment or a bad game, and he is automatically trash? Gia sovareutite reeeeeeee Sokratis and Manolas should be automatic starters at cb every time they are healthy this is a no brainer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

You guys are ridiculous, so a player has a bad moment or a bad game, and he is automatically trash? Gia sovareutite reeeeeeee Sokratis and Manolas should be automatic starters at cb every time they are healthy this is a no brainer.

Why is it a no brainer? How many games have we won with both of them playing over the last 4 years? They were dictating which players should be called up and starting  and obviously creating a bad environment for the younger players when they didn’t get their way. The minute both of them were not called up Greece started playing the best football they have played in years.. The problem is the minute you call both of these players up and you don’t start them or limit their minutes they will immediately bring a bad vibe to the team. Personally I would keep them off the team for now because with both of these players it has to be all or nothing meaning if they don’t start or are benched they won’t sit back and just be supportive and will it have a negative effect on the team.

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

You guys are ridiculous, so a player has a bad moment or a bad game, and he is automatically trash? Gia sovareutite reeeeeeee Sokratis and Manolas should be automatic starters at cb every time they are healthy this is a no brainer.

Lately he hasn’t been playing well at all. Anyway I agree with j1078. A lot of players have a lot of talent but are poison to their teams. You can be one of the best players but once you bring a bad attitude it starts rubbing off on others. It’s the same with any work environment. 

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now with the injuries could be hard to not include them but J1078 is 100% in all his points. 

It's rather bizarre - Manolas at CB is a beast and right now, I actually think Socratis at RB would be rather good for us too HOWEVER we saw a transformed team when these two have not been included and we lost ridiculous games with these two there. To play devils advocate to myself and us... how much better could we be with the system JVS is using and implementing with these two at the back... we could even get better BUT only with them been 100% committed to supporting what the new chapter looks like and not ever putting themselves above the team 

Edited by Alphonse
  • Like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I like both Manolas and Sokratis, though they both displayed a crappy attitude with Anastasiades. The problem is that we can't build any play up the middle due to the fact that our DMs are hardworking, ditch digging types who have very little ability in terms of building up the game, so JVS put Hatzidiakos and Staf (who are pretty good at moving the ball) in the back and that proved to make a huge difference. Sok and Man don't provide that aspect of the game and if you have players like Zeca, Kourbelis, Galanopoulos etc. as a shield in front of the CBs the defensive capabilities of Sok and Man are not as valuable as being able to move the ball and transition the play.

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

Personally, I like both Manolas and Sokratis, though they both displayed a crappy attitude with Anastasiades. The problem is that we can't build any play up the middle due to the fact that our DMs are hardworking, ditch digging types who have very little ability in terms of building up the game, so JVS put Hatzidiakos and Staf (who are pretty good at moving the ball) in the back and that proved to make a huge difference. Sok and Man don't provide that aspect of the game and if you have players like Zeca, Kourbelis, Galanopoulos etc. as a shield in front of the CBs the defensive capabilities of Sok and Man are not as valuable as being able to move the ball and transition the play.

This is spot on. This is why I have praised Hatzidiakos. He’s able to build play from the back. Stafylidis is good at this aswell. Manolas and Sokratis seemed inadequate in this aspect of the game. Defensively they are untouchable. But as time goes on it makes more sense playing Manolas next to Hatzidiakos in the future. There are a lot of question marks regarding Manolas and Sokratis attitude towards the national team. 
 

I was hoping back then that Tachtsidis would be the type of DM who can build play from the middle but he is way too inconsistent and very limited in most aspects his game. Anyways I believe JVS knows what he has to do as he has plans in place.

Edited by Dean97
Link to post
Share on other sites

@AchillesHeel

What do you think the reason is for JVS having played Bakasetas at CAM and Mantalos on the left? Even though Bakasetas has done slightly better under JVS I still think Mantalos or even Fetfa should’ve been the 10. I personally would’ve played Mantalos at CAM and someone else on the left. Maybe Fetfa or Masouras. 
 

From what I saw in the last 4 games Bakasetas is strong physically and doesn’t get pushed off the ball easily unlike Fortounis. Bakasetas has a great shot and is capable of playing a simple game. He also works hard off the ball.
 

The things that I don’t like about him is that he loses the ball most of the time either misplacing a pass or losing the ball when it’s at his feet. He is also a slow player physically and also mentally. I find it a bit hard to justify the reason for him being in the 10 spot for the last 4 games even though we’ve been playing better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...