Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

Yeah I know why do we have to wait ffs. I think it will be out tomorrow or on the weekend. We are two weeks away aswell. 

Have a look at this. A very good analysis on our players...

https://hellasfooty.blogspot.com/2019/03/greeks-abroad-extented-wrap-up.html?m=1

This is crazy we are 9 days away from the first match with Liechenstein? Hopefully Manolas will be match fit for the match vs the kolo Bosnians.

1 hour ago, Ellada2004 said:

This is crazy we are 9 days away from the first match with Liechenstein? Hopefully Manolas will be match fit for the match vs the kolo Bosnians.

Yeah this is odd should’ve cane out by now. Surely he would’ve makes his decisions about call ups like a month ago. I hope he calls up Manolas because it would mean he might have a chance to play against Bosnia. We can’t take Lichtenstein lightly  because in the past we’ve just beaten them which is not good. We should be beating these teams like 3 or 4 nils.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

Yeah this is odd should’ve cane out by now. Surely he would’ve makes his decisions about call ups like a month ago. I hope he calls up Manolas because it would mean he might have a chance to play against Bosnia. We can’t take Lichtenstein lightly  because in the past we’ve just beaten them which is not good. We should be beating these teams like 3 or 4 nils.

In away I am worried a bit about the match vs Liechenstein, as we tend to go into these matches without much attention to detail and lack of focus and play very sloppy. Where as when the NT play the Belgium's of the world the team comes out really fired up and I think that will be the case vs Bosnia.

I hope they can put away Liechenstein early within the first 20- 30 minutes and win by 3 or 4 nil. We all dont want to be sweating that game as was the case vs Estonia in the Nations League.

• Like it 1

16 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

In away I am worried a bit about the match vs Liechenstein, as we tend to go into these matches without much attention to detail and lack of focus and play very sloppy. Where as when the NT play the Belgium's of the world the team comes out really fired up and I think that will be the case vs Bosnia.

I hope they can put away Liechenstein early within the first 20- 30 minutes and win by 3 or 4 nil. We all dont want to be sweating that game as was the case vs Estonia in the Nations League.

Bro I’ve been thinking the same thing, for some messed up reason I’m worried we are going to over look this game.. we have a horrible habit of giving these minnows points.. if we don’t get by this game with 3 points it doesn’t matter what we do against Bosnia our tourney is over.. they better come out and play this game like it’s a do or die as we are not a confident or good enough team right now to take these teams lightly..

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 2

I agree with both of you @J1078 and @Ellada2004. We have to put Lichtenstein away early just like we did against Luxembourg I think it was in the wc qualifiers. Even then we struggled a bit. I think the national team lacks interest against these smaller teams and have big ambitions and enjoyment against the bigger teams. It shows you we have the talent but mentality has to be do or die in every game. It’s a must now because these past 4 years have flown by and now we can move on and concentrate and give it our best moving forward. 

Just wondering does anyone know if the players get payed to play for their country. If not, it shouldn’t matter as representing your country has to mean the world to you.  We need real discipline and proper instructions as this team needs to be a team again and all fight for the same goal and that’s reach a major tournament again. I hope our players are inspired and motivated enough to give all they can and show heart and passion and most importantly to get the job done. 

5 hours ago, J1078 said:

@Dean97

you don’t get paid for playing for your national team.. they look at it as more of an honour to put the jersey on which it is.. 

Are you sure? England pays

1. £1500 for winning a match qualifier / friendlies
  2. £1000 for a draw
  3. £500 for a defeat

Then there are bonuses for making it through to major tournaments, and even bigger bonuses making out of the Group stages etc. For countries like Greece, there would be bonuses if team make it to Euro. Countries like England, Germany and Spain would start paying bonuses once they get out of the Group stages.

I'd give Mavrias who's an actual winger a chance over Mantalos or Bakasetas out wide. Donis is a lock to start IMO. Bakakis will most likely start. Interesting to see what CM combo he goes with, you'd have to say Zeca and Samaris most likely in Bosnia but against Liechtenstein that might be a bit of overkill. 

• Like it 1

Not crazy about these call, some guys on here don’t deserve to be called up IMO. Also Bakasetas has been getting hammered by the AEK fans for his performance yet he deserves a call up? I would have called up Lamprou. Let’s see what starting line up is. 

• Like it 1

Disappointed Manolas is not able to go. Also Bakasetas again? Argg.. No Lamprou either. We have to get 4 points out of 6 minimum. Italy should take care of Finland  so we can't lose ground to Bosnia. Let's Go Ellada!! 

• Like it 1

This coach is a f'n idiot... Wtf kind of call ups are these? Bouch, bakashitas again?!? I've had enough of the nt and the duds. I'll wait for the starting line up as well, but I can just imagine with these call ups, that it's gonna be something utterly stupid. 

• Like it 1

The call ups are ok for what it is. Only Bakasetas is the mistake. It could’ve been better. I don’t know why Lamprou is not there. That’s just wrong. Also Bouzoukis and  Chatzigiovannis have had more game time and are more inform than Kolovos and Mavrias. I don’t think the call ups will ever be 100% correct.

• Like it 1

Vlachodimos 

Bakakis Sokratis Siovas Koutris 

Samaris Siopis 

Masouras Fortounis Donis

Mitroglou 

This is what I think will happen but if you want to be a bit creative this could work

Vlachodimos 

Sokratis Siovas Samaris 

Mavrias Siopis Kourbelis Koutris 

Fortounis

Mitroglou Donis

• Like it 2

1 hour ago, J1078 said:

@Dean97 That's pretty much the line I would go with. I have a feeling the coach will change Siopis for Zeca. I also have a bad feeling they will replace Masouras with Mantolas or Bakasetas on the wing.

Let’s just hope he plays Masouras and If not I don’t want to see Bakasetas he won’t help the NT and his recent form doesn’t merit a call up to the Ethniki.

• Like it 1

Surely we don’t see Mantalos or Bakasetas on the wing. Mantalos can help in the central role for sure.

Let’s hope, Greece’s biggest handicap has been this obsession with slow central players, played out wide - go figure 

Edited by Alphonse
  • Like it 1

19 hours ago, kbxk508 said:

Are you sure? England pays

1. £1500 for winning a match qualifier / friendlies
  2. £1000 for a draw
  3. £500 for a defeat

Then there are bonuses for making it through to major tournaments, and even bigger bonuses making out of the Group stages etc. For countries like Greece, there would be bonuses if team make it to Euro. Countries like England, Germany and Spain would start paying bonuses once they get out of the Group stages.

In Greece’s case I don’t think they do, I only think the guys get something if they make it far in a tournament other wise they don’t get anything..

Tzimikas I think is injured. Bouzoukis and Limnios got called up to the U21s.

The core group he's picked are from 2013-2015 U21s who are now in their mid 20s. I can understand the logic. I would have liked to seen Lamprou and Chatzigiovanis, but they are just 21 and will get their chance sooner or later.

The pick I like is the Aris LB Valerianos. Strongly built lad, takes players on, pacey and can get in a good cross. That's what we need.

• Like it 2

mitroglou
donis fortounis masouras
     zeca samaris
koutris siovas sokratis bakakis
        odyesseas

would be the best lineup

samaris is back in form and playing regularly for benfica (on top of the league and in europa )

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic