Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 12:07 AM, Dutch Eagle said:

Happened in the pre-season friendly against Wolfsberger AC last Saturday. 

It takes normally 6 to 9 months to recover from this kind of injury. So as Jimmy says at least till (January) 2022.

ok not good for the NT especially with the Sweden match coming up

How come Greece can't produce any talent in football.  

If we are clinging to Fortounis injury this is not a good sign.  He is talented but this shows just shallow the talent pool is.  

No star midfield or forward in defence yes.  It's embarrassing.  

18 hours ago, HellasLEAF said:

How come Greece can't produce any talent in football.  

If we are clinging to Fortounis injury this is not a good sign.  He is talented but this shows just shallow the talent pool is.  

No star midfield or forward in defence yes.  It's embarrassing.  

There must be a structure issue in Greece. Clearly our players aren’t developing. 

We need to be playing our best players possible. We can’t afford to be leaving out players with skill and speed. We aren’t Italy, Spain or Portugal. Manolas and Sokratis should still be playing. It’s what’s best for the team. I still can’t believe we are relying on a 33 year old Tzavellas and an injury prone Papadopoulos, who I like and I think he’s still good but he doesn’t deserve to play over Siovas, Manolas and Sokratis I believe. 

Bakasetas at CAM and Bakakis, it’s a mess. We seem to have good youth but they fail to go to that next step and there development I think is hindered because of the way the academies in Greece are being run. I think Olympiakos is the only decent club with a decent academy in Greece.

We aren’t nurturing our players properly. We’ve had players like Ninis, Fetfatzidis, Katidis, Gianniotas and Vellios who all showed talent at a young age and Greece have failed to make them evolve into superstars.

Now I’m seeing players like Tzolis, Alexandropoulos, Pinakas, Tzolakis and Kalogeropoulos perform well in the league and I hope they can make better careers for themselves. As they are future of the national team. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

19 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

Ninis had his chance overseas, he was at Parma and bombed.  Fetfa as well. Talent alone only gets you so far.

I agree. They’ve also had coaches that didn’t believe in them. Fetfa was doing really good in Italy and then all of a sudden got benched. Ninis had a string of bad luck along the way. Especially with injuries. I think them not making decent careers for themselves shouldn’t hide the fact that for the national team they are our best. Every time they’ve played they have made a difference and created a spark for the team unlike our current wingers and midfielders. 

• 4 weeks later...

I totally disagree with yawll. The 2008-2012 era we had a much worse roster. A coach that got s%$#! done while everyone hated him. This one also is hated from everyone.

What we lack maybe in roster compared to that period is killer strikers. Do you guys really remember Samaras and Salpigidis being that much of playmakers and forcing enemies doing fouls non-stop like Fortounis does?

we got players in our offensive midfield much more flexible than in that era.

I still believe the team lacks mentality. And we re not the only ones. Look at Poland. World star players and protagonists in top teams in Europe. Fluking every tournament they go, unable to get past the groupstages. Always a Dark Horse and never make it past the Groups. Team lacks mentality of a winner which was the thing that used to drive us on our golden era. AKA. These guys do not know how to win and do not know what expectations to have. 

In my opinion we should see this…

Vlachodimos

Androutsos Mavropanos Retsos Tsimi

Galanopoulos Alexandropoulos 

Masouras Fountas Tzolis 

Giakoumakis

I believe Vlachodimos is our best keeper. Tzolakis and Dioudis should be back ups. Androutsos should be rewarded after his performances in the friendlies, as he was a breath of fresh air especially in possession and when attacking. Mavropanos is our best CB apart from Manolas. He has all the ability to lead from the back. More aggressive than Hatzidiakos and is better on the ball then Tzavellas and Kyriakos. He has performed very well in Germany too. 

Retsos is my personal favourite. A bit unrealistic that he starts but I believe he should because before his injuries he was in the team all the time. He is also talented and can play across the back line and even defensive midfield. If people have watched him play they’ll know how smart he is and how good he is on the ball. He’s also returned and performing really well. Tsimikas our best LB with Giannoulis as 2nd choice. Tsimikas will also be playing going forward for Liverpool. 

Midfield and attack is the most important. Galanopoulos is ahead of Kourbelis and Zeca for me. He can do the job defensively and is slightly better going forward than those 2 because he is more technical. Another favourite of mine is Alexandropoulos. This guy should be in our team. He has it all. I also believe he’s better than Bouchalakis. He’s also faster and more skilful. He controls the midfield better also in my opinion. 

Masouras and Tzolis on the wings. No surprises there. No in is better than them. Fountas I believe has to replace Bakasetas in the 11. I remember Fountas played a nice long through ball to Fortounis to score against Austria in a friendly. He is also currently on fire and has been scoring. 5 goals in 6 games to be exact. Giakoumakis upfront. I would’ve put Douvikas there as he’s had a good pre season. But he can be back up for now. 

What are your opinions about my starting line up and analysis?

We have games coming up in September so we need the 6 points.

• Like it 2

Nice analysis Dean, I like the lineup Galanopoulos for sure in the mid over Zeca and Kourbelis though Zeca still has a role to play on this team and can be utilized coming in as a sub. Mavropanos has to be starting for the Ethniki going forward and has been in great form at club lets hope he stays healthy. 

Our main problem is that we pretty much know that JVS will not drop Bakasetas to the bench and this gives us a huge disadvantage in our starting eleven. Also we are really going to miss Fortounis creativity, vision and skill on the ball. Olympiakos felt that yesterday as they barely generated anything in attack in being eliminated by Ludogorets in CL qualifying.

Cant wait for the games JVS has to get it RIGHT and Greece need two wins!

• Like it 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, kbxk508 said:

Athanasiadis and Kolovos doing great at Sheriff who stunned Real Madrid 2-1 in Champions League. Must be in contention for call up to the NT squad.

Athanasiadis in particular had a great match.

Athanasiadis was tremendous! Sheriff are on top of the group!