Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Elections in the Greek EPO I believe on 28 March, Grammenos could get ousted. One rumour has it that Manolas and Sokratis will not play unless Grammenos gets replaced. It has been said JVS had invited them to be included in the Ethniki Squad but they chose to be unavailable for now. 

Edited by ausgreek

1 hour ago, Brklyngrk said:

So I know Manolas/Sok are our best cbs but do you start Mavropanos/Pap/Hatzi over them? Do you want to mess with chemistry?

They just held Spain to 1 1. I’m not saying the two guys back there now are better cuz they’re not, but it wouldn’t have been a different outcome with them on the pitch either. 

• Like it 1

Years ago when Torosidis was breaking into the national team, Rehagel would start him at left back and seitaridis on the right. Has Vantschip brought up his reasoning for not wanting to start one of Giannoulis or Tsimikas on the right?

• Like it 2

Now that Zagorakis (legend) is in charge at the EPO, Sokratis and Manolas will make themselves available, and I understand that JVS requested their services already.

I had agreed with the fact a while back, that JVS took the correct course of action and had distanced the team from Sokratis, Manolas and for that matter Siovas for a time. This helped with a reset for the Ethniki, right throughout the Euro tournament whereby the boys ultimately failed and a continuation into the early part of this WCQ campaign.

I am a fan of the three CB's coming back into the fold now as well. Siovas is not in my 23 at this stage.

I think I'm ready to see the best possible Ethniki, like most people with the continuation of the WCQ campaign in September.

The Boys   (433 or 4 2 3 1)

Vlahodimos

Tsimikas    Manolas    Sokratis(c)    Giannoulis

Zeca

Bouchalakis          Fortounis

Tzolis                                                   Masouras

Pavlidis

Giakoumakis    Douvikas    Mantalos    Pelkas

Galanopoulos    Siopis    Kyriakos    Tzavellas

Antroutsos    Kiriakopoulos    Kapino    Dioudis

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 2

I think JVS is still trying to get Badlock to play for us.  If it happens, hopefully that shores up RB. I would also put Tsiolis as the LW and consider calling up Ninis if his form continues. With Sok/Manolas back, maybe you don't need Tzavellas and call up Hatzi/Papadopoulos.

• Like it 2

Hatzi is quality, just that Tzavella has been very effective.

Either gate 7 pod or Hellas pod made mention of Baldock going through the passport stage right now and will become available.

Both podcasts are gold with the different accents as well..lol.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

3 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Hatzi is quality, just that Tzavella has been very effective.

Either gate 7 pod or Hellas pod made mention of Baldock going through the passport stage right now and will become available.

Both podcasts are gold with the different accents as well..lol.

Yes heard that Baldock will get Greek passport it was on Hellas Footy podcast. Both are very insightful shows.. Enjoy listening.

20 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Now that Zagorakis (legend) is in charge at the EPO, Sokratis and Manolas will make themselves available, and I understand that JVS requested their services already.

I had agreed with the fact a while back, that JVS took the correct course of action and had distanced the team from Sokratis, Manolas and for that matter Siovas for a time. This helped with a reset for the Ethniki, right throughout the Euro tournament whereby the boys ultimately failed and a continuation into the early part of this WCQ campaign.

I am a fan of the three CB's coming back into the fold now as well. Siovas is not in my 23 at this stage.

I think I'm ready to see the best possible Ethniki, like most people with the continuation of the WCQ campaign in September.

Vlahodimos

Zeca

Pavlidis

Not a bad starting 11 and team selection. Maybe you should be the coach 🤔😛

• Like it 1

On 4/2/2021 at 5:54 AM, ausgreek said:

Vlahodimos

Zeca

Pavlidis

Looks good 👍

• Like it 2

I’m not a big fan of having g foreigners in the team. It makes us look worse that we can’t produce good midfielders. We already have Zeca. The coach needs to look at the statistics for each player and see where it went wrong. I don’t think he would even do that. I’d like to know Bakasetas statistics. Probably gave away the ball 99/100 times. 

• Like it 1

After the Georgia match, I personally would change that lineup I had and apparently JVS is getting a technical director and the name escapes me atm.

Kyriakos Pap and Tzavellas are too slow and do not press higher up, I would have Siovas back in. Bouchalakis is abit too limited as the no.8 as well. Siopis shows a big motor and could work in that role. Bakasetas seems like a square peg trying to get into a round hole in that team. Pavlidis has been playing mainly on the wing and GG is in great form as Striker for his club.

Boyz...4 2 3 1

Vlahodimos

Androutsos      Manolas       Sokratis (c)     Giannoulis 

Siopis                 Zeca

Pavlidis                 Fortnounis (vc)             Masouras

Giakoumakis

subs:

Douvikas     Tzolis

Mantalos     Pelkas     

Galanopoulos     Vasiliadis      

Siovas     Hatzidiakos    Tzimikas    Kitsiou

Kapino     Dioudis

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 3

Came across this video of the NT journey to the last world cup tournament they made.. Man i miss this team and players, so sad how low we have  dropped ever since this last world cup appearance.. 

• Like it 1

6 hours ago, J1078 said:

Came across this video of the NT journey to the last world cup tournament they made.. Man i miss this team and players, so sad how low we have  dropped ever since this last world cup appearance.. 

I recently saw the same video. They were good times. I can’t believe how far we’ve dropped off. 

• Like it 2

17 hours ago, J1078 said:

Watched it the other day. Great times Greece were a a force in World Football. Remember countries like England, Belgium, Former Yugoslavia Switzerland and more have never lifted the Euro 🏆 

• Like it 1

In an era where the Ethniki have a wealth of quality LB's, not realy that critical. More importantly, can newly appointed Zagorakis entice Kats out of retirement for one last throw of the dice?

Edited by ausgreek