Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

U Grik. 4 3 3

Vlahodimos

(Giannis) Masouras/Rota       Manolas/Svarnas        Hatzidiakos        Tsimikas

Zeca/Kourbelis

GALANOPOULOS               

Fortounis (c) 

Donis/Limnios                                                         TZOLIS

Fountas

Giakoumakis   Donis    (George) Masouras

Vasiliadis    Kourbelis   Giannoulis

MAVROPANOS    Svarnas    Kyriakopoulos   Rota

Barkas   Dioudis

If no Manolas, then Retsos.

ManagerRehhagel...I mean JVS.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

14 hours ago, ausgreek said:

U Grik. 4 3 3

Vlahodimos

(Giannis) Masouras/Rota       Manolas/Svarnas        Hatzidiakos        Tsimikas

Zeca/Kourbelis

GALANOPOULOS               

Fortounis (c) 

Donis/Limnios                                                         TZOLIS

Fountas

Giakoumakis   Donis    (George) Masouras

Vasiliadis    Kourbelis   Giannoulis

MAVROPANOS    Svarnas    Kyriakopoulos   Rota

Barkas   Dioudis

If no Manolas, then Retsos.

ManagerRehhagel...I mean JVS.

Nice lineup too, I would love to see Donis back in the Ethniki. I saw him in a game for Reims and I hope he can get his form back. Rehhagel is coming back? He will lead us to a World Cup trophy!

• Like it 1

samaris has been back on track with benfica the last 2 weeks, yesterday he scored for them. i would like to see him in the call ups again.

on the other hand what a disappointment koulouris and mparkas have been. the first one barely, barely scores for toulouse in french's b division and the second one has lost his starting spot at celtic. truth to be told his replacement is doing far worse since he has conceded something like 14 goals in 7 games although i heard they will be looking for a starting goalkeeper in january.

btw fabio cappelo praised manolas before their game against milan, someone should tell him we got michailidis, svarnas, tzavellas and lambropoulos who are better than him. if needed we also move kourmpelis to play as a CB FCKING LMAO.

Edited by Boxou

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

samaris has been back on track with benfica the last 2 weeks, yesterday he scored for them. i would like to see him in the call ups again.

I don’t know if he’s the answer. We’ve had a disastrous 6 years with him being in the 11. He didn’t show up when we needed him. Kourbelis and Bouchalakis aren’t any better. We have a serious problem at CM. I think we will be seeing Zeca as the number 6 going forward. 

Zeca is possibly the oldest player of the squad at the momet. He's only good when it comes to destroying opposition's attacks.

Samaris' passing and shooting abilities are far superior to any other midfielder of this squad (not including Fortounis). Would definitely call him up, we don't have much better options to choose.

Having Kourmpelis/Zeca duo and calling up an average Siopis is like having the same person 3 times in the squad.

The thing I remember about Samaris was his lack of hustle.  He def has the talent but was always annoyed by his lack of aggressiveness/hustle (not too mention his wayward passes).  Never seemed like he gave it 100%.  Zeca goes 120% each time. He may lack some of technical skills but there is a  reason why he is the captain for his club team.

3 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

The thing I remember about Samaris was his lack of hustle.  He def has the talent but was always annoyed by his lack of aggressiveness/hustle (not too mention his wayward passes).  Never seemed like he gave it 100%.  Zeca goes 120% each time. He may lack some of technical skills but there is a  reason why he is the captain for his club team.

Samaris had lots of promise after being called up to the NT by Santos. He scored a memorable goal at the wcup vs Ivory Coast and I thought he would be an important part of the team going forward. Most of his performances under Skibbe were woeful and he made to many stupid giveaways bad passes etc.

• Like it 1

I don't know who the answer is but unless we can come up with a solid duo at CM we will be limited as to how far this team can go. I like Zeca he hustles and is full energy but him alongside Bouchalakis or Kourbelas are not the answer they are not good enough. This was a huge problem ever since post 2014 world cup and still we don't have a competent duo. 

• Like it 2

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

I don't know who the answer is but unless we can come up with a solid duo at CM we will be limited as to how far this team can go. I like Zeca he hustles and is full energy but him alongside Bouchalakis or Kourbelas are not the answer they are not good enough. This was a huge problem ever since post 2014 world cup and still we don't have a competent duo. 

Definitely an issue since the 2014 WCUP along with the not having a real #9 since Mitroglou hasn't been with the NT. Zeca I dont mind him in there he will hustle his arse off and win a lot of challenges but last game vs Slovenia he was sloppy with the ball and turned it over needlessly to many times. Greece cant have Bouchalakis or Kourbelis along side him we need a change. 

21 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Or Katsouranis and Tziolis, ahh Soula, those were the days!

Your words make me remember those days and I am smiling now!

I am surprised you left out Maniatis who played often with Katsouranis and with Tziolis. Or Makos? He was really a terrific player and is still active I guess (he plays for a third league team in Greece, perhaps).

Makos got thankfully only thirteen caps, tho that Makos - Katsouranis duo against Germany in 2012 was unforgettable. During that game, he was probably found out by Santos who then dropped him. Among all of our defensive/deep-lying midfielders/playmakers, he was probably the most mediocre. Even Patsatzoglou was better. Even Siopis is possibly better!

But really guys, Samaris has not seen much playing time this season, he appeared in just two league games and played only 57 minutes. Last time (21 Nov) he was in the starting eleven against Paredes in what was possibly a Cup game and even scored the winner but Paredes is an amateur team.

I would choose Zeca over Samaris. Zeca's work ethic is the best on the team, as PaokCT said here. Samaris tends to be lazy and slow (think of his performance against Croatia in the away loss in 2017).

20 minutes ago, La Mendel said:

Your words make me remember those days and I am smiling now!

I am surprised you left out Maniatis who played often with Katsouranis and with Tziolis. Or Makos? He was really a terrific player and is still active I guess (he plays for a third league team in Greece, perhaps).

Makos got thankfully only thirteen caps, tho that Makos - Katsouranis duo against Germany in 2012 was unforgettable. During that game, he was probably found out by Santos who then dropped him. Among all of our defensive/deep-lying midfielders/playmakers, he was probably the most mediocre. Even Patsatzoglou was better. Even Siopis is possibly better!

I mentioned Maniatis with Samaris further up but I called Maniati arab.

• Thanks 1