Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Michailidis proved he doesn't deserve to be in the roster when he was on fault on both goals Greece conceded against Austria.

Anyway I don't really get why there's a discussion about Cb's when half of them have an open beef with the clueless man on the bench and the other half are injured. Svarnas, Michailidis, Lambropoulos, Tzavellas and co would never be on the plans of a serious coach who aims to qualify for the world cup.

Lykogiannis has been called up to replace the injured Giannoulis. It's not expected anyone is going to be called to replace Mantalos and Svarnas, given there were already 27 players called up. 

With Svarnas out, its basically a lock that Chatzidiakos and Tzavellas will start at center back in the Nations League games. The friendly will probably be Lampropoulos and Michailidis. 

The Mantalos out opens up a spot in the starting 11, will JVS go with the safer option in Masouras or will he start Fortounis who against the parked bus that will be Moldova will be important. 

Edited by paokarag4

1 hour ago, paokarag4 said:

Lykogiannis has been called up to replace the injured Giannoulis. It's not expected anyone is going to be called to replace Mantalos and Svarnas, given there were already 27 players called up. 

With Svarnas out, its basically a lock that Chatzidiakos and Tzavellas will start at center back in the Nations League games. The friendly will probably be Lampropoulos and Michailidis. 

The Mantalos out opens up a spot in the starting 11, will JVS go with the safer option in Masouras or will he start Fortounis who against the parked bus that will be Moldova will be important. 

Actually the more I see it yes, Tzav will be one CB and the lovechild Baka and captain will be the AM so, Fortounis might play at LW to get a start, or JVS might play Pelkas at LW. I don't agree with alot of that tbh.

One thing I have appreciated for a while is that the Ethniki don't have players older than 32, which is in line with most notable football nations. 

If lovechild must be there, then a different formation might do it:

U Grik     (3 4 1 2):

Vlaho

Mihailithis      Hatsi        Tsav

Mavrias/Rotu    Zeca      Bouch      Masouras

Fortounis

Bakasetas (c)         Fountas/Giakoumakis           

Edited by ausgreek

We won't play 3 on the back with Moldova and with a Slovenia we HAVE TO beat, theoretically.

I am expecting the obvious. The call-ups say nothing about who he will play, and JVS has proven, quite a few times, that he doesn't change his lineup as much as he can. So the only spots for change will probably be GK/LW/CB for the simple reasons: 1.Barkas has lost his starting spot at Celtic but im not sure. JVS seems to be giving every NT window to a different GK between the two.

2. Mantalos/Svarnas are Coronout.

3. Giannoulis, the most talented current Greek player according to PAOK and myself, is almost dead from injury.

Expected line-up:

Vlachodimos

??? - Tzavellas - Chatzidiakos - Tsimikas 

Zeka - Kourbelis

Limnios - Bakasetas - Fortounis/Masouras

Pavlidis.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic
On 11/8/2020 at 9:39 AM, paokarag4 said:

Both of them should play IMO.

• Like it 1

I was listening to the Olympiakos Int Podcast and they had Stelios Giannakopoulos on and when they were speaking about the Ethniki regarding Fortounis he said he thinks he should be given a bigger role on the team and said we dont have anyone with his quality on the ball and overall class. He also thinks Fortounis could move from OLY to LALIGA as that league would be a perfect fit for him.

• Like it 2

10 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Ok what has happened to Mario Vrousai? 

In regards to the National Team, Vrousai is with the U21. 

If your question is more general about what's going on with him, it's something that we have lamented for weeks. He has been completely mishandled by the club and in our opinion has not been given a fair shake. 

He rides the bench while Lazar Randjelovic continues to put uninspiring performances on the field. He wanted to go back to the Netherlands on loan again or on a permanent move but the club announced he was to be a core part of the team. 

The saga with Mario is very frustrating.

• Like it 3

4 hours ago, Gate7IntlPodcast said:

In regards to the National Team, Vrousai is with the U21. 

If your question is more general about what's going on with him, it's something that we have lamented for weeks. He has been completely mishandled by the club and in our opinion has not been given a fair shake. 

He rides the bench while Lazar Randjelovic continues to put uninspiring performances on the field. He wanted to go back to the Netherlands on loan again or on a permanent move but the club announced he was to be a core part of the team. 

The saga with Mario is very frustrating.

Same could be said about Androutsos. He has also been mishandled.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:39 AM, paokarag4 said:

This was a wholly correct prediction, I would like to admit that! Chatzidiakos - Tzavellas, and Fortounis was really important.

But for the (blessed) injury of Giannoulis, we wouldnt have seen Kyriakopoulos, a Serie A defender, and but for the absence of Mantalos Fortounis would have started on the bench. We were a bit lucky against Moldova (some injuries/sicknesses can be blessings in disguise - I know it is a mean thing to say this).

27 minutes ago, La Mendel said:

This was a wholly correct prediction, I would like to admit that! Chatzidiakos - Tzavellas, and Fortounis was really important.

But for the (blessed) injury of Giannoulis, we wouldnt have seen Kyriakopoulos, a Serie A defender, and but for the absence of Mantalos Fortounis would have started on the bench. We were a bit lucky against Moldova (some injuries/sicknesses can be blessings in disguise - I know it is a mean thing to say this).

Tzavellas should be no where near the national team for me. We have better CBs. 

Kyriakopoulos isn’t as special as Tsimikas, Giannoulis or even Koutris. He still has to prove himself, especially for Greece.

Fortounis is our best player.

• Like it 2

4 hours ago, La Mendel said:

You are Mean re La Mendel!

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

9 minutes ago, La Mendel said:

I know that.

Ofc I wish Mantalos and Giannoulis health and every success, I hope JVS will play Fortounis in the future, injuries or no injuries. He is much better than Bakasetas who seems to be a favorite of the Skipper (he was a favorite of Skibbster too).

This is our best 11 in my opinion. If everyone is fit and healthy:

Vlachodimos

Masoura Mavropano Manola Tsimi  

Zeca Mantalos 

Limnios Fortounis Tzolis 

Fountas/Giakoumakis

We need to try Mantalos as an 8. Zeca can stay as a 6. Fortounis in his natural position. Fountas I think out of all of our strikers is our best. But I’m not completely satisfied with our strikers. We need someone better. 

Subs - Donis (when fit and healthy) Vasiliadis, Galanopoulos, Pavlidis, Masouras, Barkas, Retsos

To be dropped completely - Bakasetas, Svarnas, Kourbelis, Mavrias, Tzavellas and Koulouris and Bakakis. 

We haven’t in a long time played our BEST team possible. Mavropanos I think is better than Sokratis, Hatzidiakos and Retsos. Manolas is self explanatory. He is our best CB hands down. They also could work well together. 

Giannis Masouras is very underrated and has loads of pace. He can even score with his weak foot. He should be playing at RB. 

Against any strong or weak side this should be the 11 as much as possible. If you notice each player is the best in there position. I think Vasiliadis could be our best 8 but he hasn’t been given a chance yet. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 2

my squad.

vlachodimos-barkas

tsimikas-giannoulis

manolas-mavropanos-siovas-chatzidiakos

lykogiannis-retsos

galanopoulos-bouchalakis

zeca-mantalos-kourmpelis

limnios-donis

fortounis-pelkas

masouras-tzolis

fountas-koulouris

alternatives;

dioudis, kyriakopoulos, rota, samaris, siopis, chatzigiovannis, mpakasetas, pavlidis.

8 hours ago, Dean97 said:

This is our best 11 in my opinion. If everyone is fit and healthy:

Vlachodimos

Masoura Mavropano Manola Tsimi  

Zeca Mantalos 

Limnios Fortounis Tzolis 

Fountas/Giakoumakis

We need to try Mantalos as an 8. Zeca can stay as a 6. Fortounis in his natural position. Fountas I think out of all of our strikers is our best. But I’m not completely satisfied with our strikers. We need someone better. 

Subs - Donis (when fit and healthy) Vasiliadis, Galanopoulos, Pavlidis, Masouras, Barkas, Retsos

To be dropped completely - Bakasetas, Svarnas, Kourbelis, Mavrias, Tzavellas and Koulouris and Bakakis. 

We haven’t in a long time played our BEST team possible. Mavropanos I think is better than Sokratis, Hatzidiakos and Retsos. Manolas is self explanatory. He is our best CB hands down. They also could work well together. 

Giannis Masouras is very underrated and has loads of pace. He can even score with his weak foot. He should be playing at RB. 

Against any strong or weak side this should be the 11 as much as possible. If you notice each player is the best in there position. I think Vasiliadis could be our best 8 but he hasn’t been given a chance yet. 

Looks like a good lineup. I would like to see Galanopoulos in there once he is fully fit. Masouras could be utilized at RB as well and Kotsiras. Fountas will be our best option at striker. I think ive seen enough of Koulouris and Pavlidis I would use him as a sub late in games. As for Manolas maybe JVS will reach out to him as he is a world class back and will be needed vs a tougher pot 1 or 2 team. Sokratis i believe is done as long as JVS is the coach. I doubt he would take a chance with him seeing how he blew up on Ange and in the manner in which he did it. I will always love how he competed and loved playing for the Ethniki. Its a shame that it ended up that way.

• Like it 1