Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Giakoumakis is going to be called up for the first time in his career. He's 25 and formerly of AEK, this season playing in Holland with VVV-Venlo he has scored 8 goals ( 6 in the league and 2 in the cup) With Fountas probably out with a broken hand it's not really surprising that he's being called up to be another striking option. 

Can any of our AEK friends shed any light into what they think of him @Alphonse

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ethniki-elladas-klithike-o-giakoymakis-apo-ton-fan-sip.9038905.html

Bakakis also has tested positive to COVID so he will miss these games, JVS is going to have to do something at right back. I think he'll call up someone (potentially Kotsiaras he was spotted at an Asteras game last week) along with Rota. 

• Like it 1

He deserves the call up but I don’t think he is going to change much. Van’t Schip needs to find the right players for our midfield, otherwise we will see no goals. Our team has a problem with scoring and we’ve brought in Koulouris who was on fire last season and we’ve brought in Pavlidis and Fountas are doing very well in their respective teams. But we still can’t get these guys scoring for Greece. The service has to be better otherwise these guys won’t score and now with Giakoumakis involved it will be more of the same if nothing is changed.

• Like it 1

13 hours ago, Boxou said:

Martins said on public that he left him out because he couldn't fullfill the training session due to an injury.

But either way to all of Van Ashole supporters, you'll get to see your Mantalos or Mpakasetas who can't dribble a corpse starting there 👍

How many nicknames do you have for this guy? I feel like you’ve used them all and I’m genuinely curious what happens when you run out!? Does he have compromising photos of you or something?

• Haha 2

@paokarag4 I’m honestly surprised he has scored so much in Holland which seems to be the place to go to for Greek strikers.

Honestly, at AEK he didn’t look like AEK material and bearly scored, only the OSFP tap in comes to mind.

When he was given chances he didn’t take them but he seems to be doing that with VV.

At the end of the day though, our midfield needs to create, if that happens I’m hoping he can finish them but I’m not getting too excited about him just yet

8 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Fortounis should be on the NT just based of his skill and football IQ alone. I get that he doesn’t run as hard of the ball but we don’t have anyone else with his quality plain & simple.

I agree 100%. He knows how to run the team when we are with the ball and takes on more responsibility. When Ninis used to be in form he made Greece look more dangerous. Fortounis does the same but when both are in form Ninis to me is a better player. But now that Fortounis has currently made a name for himself he should be automatically our 1st choice CAM. 

• Like it 2

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

Fountas who can't stop scoring is out but Tzolis who last played a good game in August and has been totally disappeared is in

Fountas has a broken hand, but I heard JVS flew to Austria and broke it himself. 

Edited by paokarag4
  • Haha 1

I've literally mentioned Messi is one of the only players in world football who gets away with being 'lazy' without the ball. If Fortounis achieves what Messi has, then I think Martins and JVS wouldn't have any problem letting him walk around when we lose the ball. Let's not compare one of the greatest of all time to Kostaki, it's not fair to him. 

Anyway doesn't matter what you and I think, we only see him on the pitch for 90 mins. I take the word of a former team-mate who saw him day in day out for nearly 2 years. 

Ποντένσε: «Πολύ τεμπέλης ο Φορτούνης

https://www.gazzetta.gr/football/superleague/article/1466724/pontense-poly-tempelis-o-fortoynis-eygnomon-ston-marinaki-pics

2 hours ago, Boxou said:

Fountas who can't stop scoring is out but Tzolis who last played a good game in August and has been totally disappeared is in

All these guys score for their teams, but can’t hit the ocean from the beach with the national team. 

Btw laughable RB selection with Mavrias, who is a bench warmer in a team that even Paok can't take down.

Michailis is probably around because he was amazing the last time he entered the field and cost us 2 goals in 5 minutes against Austria.

Hope they lose all 3 so the clueless one is out, but then again pro Paok/Aek epo will find one manager who will promote their players.

5 hours ago, Boxou said:

Btw laughable RB selection with Mavrias, who is a bench warmer in a team that even Paok can't take down.

Michailis is probably around because he was amazing the last time he entered the field and cost us 2 goals in 5 minutes against Austria.

Hope they lose all 3 so the clueless one is out, but then again pro Paok/Aek epo will find one manager who will promote their players.

Dude what’s is wrong with you? Why would you say “you hope they lose all 3 games” you are obviously not a true fan of this team.. Most guys on here no matter how much we disagree with each other or the selections, style of play and so on still want the team to win. You would rather the team lose all 3 games and end up in pot 4 of the World Cup just so JVS gets fired.. That’s messed man..

Edited by J1078
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Boxou said:

Exactly - the fix is in.  So you're stuffed either way.  Time to watch another sport - maybe women's tennis ?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bananas said:

Exactly - the fix is in.  So you're stuffed either way.  Time to watch another sport - maybe women's tennis ?

Maybe he should move to Finland hockey might suit him and the Finns are the best in the world at that peculiar sport.

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic