Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

7 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

Will EPO actually do that?

I dont think they will let him go at this point, as I said before the EPO are already paying a few former coaches and they dont have the money to spend on another coach. I say JVS will be around until the end of his contract.

JVS philosophy is good for the NT and I hope for his sake that we can beat Slovenia in the final game.

Our UEFA ranking is 29, and we need to get that under 20 as quickly as possible. We cannot remain a Pot 3/4 team for a long time. We have the quality to be on par if not better than Iceland, Wales, Sweden, Ireland, Ukraine, Austria, Slovakia who are in the top 20.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, kbxk508 said:

JVS philosophy is good for the NT and I hope for his sake that we can beat Slovenia in the final game.

Our UEFA ranking is 29, and we need to get that under 20 as quickly as possible. We cannot remain a Pot 3/4 team for a long time. We have the quality to be on par if not better than Iceland, Wales, Sweden, Ireland, Ukraine, Austria, Slovakia who are in the top 20.

For sure I agree. Greece should be ahead of these countries with maybe the exception of Ukraine who have been getting stronger over the past few years and even beat Spain last month in NL. 

Fortounis was hooked off at half time as Olympiacos were struggling to open up Apollon, they eventually win 2-0 with 2 second half goals. 

He has now been left out of the squad travelling to Manchester for the Champions League clash with City. There doesn't appear to be any reports of an injury and Martins post-game said he was disappointed with the performance of some players in the first half of the Apollon game. 

Regardless of the reason he's been left out, it doesn't bode well for him starting with the Ethniki in the up coming games. I'm sure many here won't be thrilled either as JVS has more than enough to justify not starting him. 

I dlike to see a lineup like this.

Vlachodimos

Bakakis (saddly only option) - Retsos (has had playtime this year) - Chatzidiakos - Tsimikas/Giannoulis

Zeka - Kourbelis/Bouchalakis 

Limnios - Fortounis - Pelkas

Fountas

We need mobile players to unlock the slovenian poor defence. Players who can move the ball around faster than the opponent can expect. These 4 are the only ones who can do it.

Pavlidis is very onesided player. Poor man's Mitroglou without the air domination and without the finishing. Put someone who can at least open spaces with his speed and make it easier for our pretty talented  attacking midfielders to get a shot.

Bouchalakis mistake vs Porto is something that anyone can do. Retsos is miles ahead from players like Svarnas and current Tzavellas. Tsimikas needs to play vs Moldova at least to give us the idea that the coach really rates him.

On 10/31/2020 at 4:06 AM, kbxk508 said:

Our quality is nowhere near Sweden, Ukraine, Austria my mate.

Iceland, Wales, Ireland, Slovakia sure on our good day, but you re delusional. We have no players, and the few players we have have been excluded from the team.

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, skinny said:

i have lost hope for JVS... 

punishing players for not starting and being vocal is not a positive step

fat phil is not happy

————-

wasn’t everyone on this board against the last coaches for playing players out of form or guys that weren’t playing in their club teams? Now that he’s doing it, we’re against him. Confusing. 

• Like it 1

7 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

I dlike to see a lineup like this.

Vlachodimos

Bakakis (saddly only option) - Retsos (has had playtime this year) - Chatzidiakos - Tsimikas/Giannoulis

Zeka - Kourbelis/Bouchalakis 

Limnios - Fortounis - Pelkas

Fountas

We need mobile players to unlock the slovenian poor defence. Players who can move the ball around faster than the opponent can expect. These 4 are the only ones who can do it.

Pavlidis is very onesided player. Poor man's Mitroglou without the air domination and without the finishing. Put someone who can at least open spaces with his speed and make it easier for our pretty talented  attacking midfielders to get a shot.

Bouchalakis mistake vs Porto is something that anyone can do. Retsos is miles ahead from players like Svarnas and current Tzavellas. Tsimikas needs to play vs Moldova at least to give us the idea that the coach really rates him.

RB options would be; Retsos, Rotu, Bakakis, Masouras and Kitsiou for now. Don't know if the gaffa realizes this.

Zeca with Kourbelis is like having Tziolis and Maniatis.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 2
  • Thanks 1

Fortounis not starting for Olympiakos doesn't automatically mean that Fortounis shouldn't start for NT. We are not that blessed with talented forwards / attacking midfielders. 

The selections and dynamics for club and country are completely different. Olympiakos has players and systems that work differently to that of the NT. If you disagree, then Karagounis should not have played for the NT 2003-05 when playing for Inter Milan.

Edited by kbxk508
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Our quality is nowhere near Sweden, Ukraine, Austria my mate.

Iceland, Wales, Ireland, Slovakia sure on our good day, but you re delusional. We have no players, and the few players we have have been excluded from the team.

I never said we are there now, but that is where we need to reach in 18 months. We do have the talent, but I agree that a lot of the quality we have has been excluded, but a lot of the new influx of talent is only just starting for the NT. It's too soon to judge. Need to give it time, and not all will make it, but that's what happens. Even Mitroglou needed 9 games before her scored his first goal for NT.

Edited by kbxk508

21 minutes ago, kbxk508 said:

Fortounis not starting for Olympiakos doesn't automatically mean that Fortounis shouldn't start for NT. We are not that blessed with talented forwards / attacking midfielders. 

The selections and dynamics for club and country are completely different. Olympiakos has players and systems that work differently to that of the NT. If you disagree, then Karagounis should not have played for the NT 2003-05 when playing for Inter Milan.

The reason he doesn't start for Olympiacos is the same reason he doesn't start for the Ethniki. He's lazy, doesn't move without the ball, doesn't press the opposition and he doesn't track. Regardless of your system that is simply a no-no in world football in 2020, unless you're Lionel Messi. I watched Zlatan overnight one of the biggest egos in football ever press Udinese and harass them when Milan didn't have the ball, at the ripe old age of 39. 

You don't think he's lazy without the ball? There are a couple of coaches who would disagree with that statement. 

I'm well aware of his talent, and he is absolutely a required player for the NT I have never doubted that. I'm simply pointing out why he doesn't get starts for Club or Country, his attitude is poor. What you're saying about him is true, but it's what he's been told his whole footballing career. "You score the goals and let everyone else do the hard work" It's just not how football is played nowadays. 

Dropping his highlights doesn't show me anything I don't already know, I know what he's capable of when he's on. It's the other stuff he has issues with, the not so fun stuff that will never make a highlights reel. 

FWIW despite all I've said, he should start vs Moldova. In a game where we will have 70+% possession his lack of pressing won't be a major issue and he's exactly the type of player to crack open a game like that. 

I understand when people say Fortounis looks lazy at times, I have criticized him as well, But lets be real for a second, for a NT that cant score goals and has a hard time breaking down opponents defense Fortounis is our best option by far. The fact that he is not an automatic starter is the wrong decision.

• Like it 1

There is something off with him.  Whether or not he has the talent is not the issue, he should be playing in a top league but barely starts for OLY.  He is going to miss the UCL game tomorrow - he played on Saturday and is fully fit.  He got benched last year after he complained about playing time. The coach pulled him over the weekend as he was not pleased with his performance.  Hopefully this gets resolved but I can see why JVS does not fully trust him.

Martins said on public that he left him out because he couldn't fullfill the training session due to an injury.

But either way to all of Van Ashole supporters, you'll get to see your Mantalos or Mpakasetas who can't dribble a corpse starting there 👍

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, kbxk508 said:

I’m not saying if he should or shouldn’t start. My point is, guys cry on this board when a player starts that’s not in form, and now they’re crying that he’s not starting when he’s not in form. Which is it. 

• Like it 2

4 hours ago, Boxou said:

Martins said on public that he left him out because he couldn't fullfill the training session due to an injury.

But either way to all of Van Ashole supporters, you'll get to see your Mantalos or Mpakasetas who can't dribble a corpse starting there 👍

Just want to give the gaffa a go, he has to make change in some areas or he will go the way of the others.

You prefer the Ethniki start to lose so you stay satisfied that JVS, Valkanis and Winter can't get them to win. Get abit patriotic!

You need to stop winging like pash.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Thanks 1

I’d put Fortounis to start over Bakasetas, there’s no doubt about it. We seem lost in the final 3rd and I believe it’s because Bakasetas isn’t capable of dictating the play. He’s too slow also. Atleast Fortounis is technically superior and can actually score goals for Greece. 

Boys let's get serious in here lol he's not gonna start fortounis no matter what. It'll be the same s%$#! he's been ramming down our throats for 6 of the last 8 games we've played. Gala and the D were the only differences in 6 of the last 8 games for starters. 

When we talk s#it about guys not in form being given time, it's usually guys that suck and not guys of fortounis caliber. 

The line up will more than likely be the same nonsense it's been cause he has no vision. His subs and his starters haven't made any sense and don't make sense at all with what's happened and what's been at those given times. He really can't see the forest through the trees. 

What the line up should be 

Bak       hatzi    manolas(retsos)     tsimikas

Zeca

Fortounis     Mantalos(Gala) 

Limnios                          Fountas(Gianoulis) 

Pavlidis(Fountas) 

What it will be lol

Bak(hatzi)      svar      tzav      gianoulis

The 2 headed monster Kourbzeca 

Limnios              bakapylon       Mantalos 

Pavlidis(koulouris) 

He will continue to plays guys out of position and will continue crippling our attack by not having proper personel on both sides of the field. 

I'm so curious to see who he calls up! Hoping for the best but fearing the same nonsense. 

• Like it 1

I hope he realises that Zeca and Kourbelis are not the answer. They shouldn’t play together especially against Moldova since we are going to have more of the ball. He should put Mantalos there or Vasiliadis. Haven’t seen much of Vasiliadis but from what I’ve read and and the little that I’ve seen I think Vasiliadis should be given a chance just to see what’s he’s got. After all we have a friendly against Cyprus before our last 2 nations league games...

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic