Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

On 9/24/2020 at 10:43 PM, Boxou said:

Could be hard for some people to understand but for an established premier league player, playing for a national team like Greece these days won't add ANYTHING to his status. If he's ever about to make a transfer, he's gonna do it through his performance against Liverpool, Chelsea and co, and not because he is a member of a team that plays against Kosovo and Moldova.

Are you talking by experience gringo? being an international in Europe gives money worth what are you talking about.

Also a lot of these players want to feel the experience of National Football. Who knows. Since he said he was interested, let's wait and see.

1 hour ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Are you talking by experience gringo? being an international in Europe gives money worth what are you talking about.

Also a lot of these players want to feel the experience of National Football. Who knows. Since he said he was interested, let's wait and see.

Giorgios Baldockoglou/Baldockopoulos/Baldockakis either one works! 

Damn AusGreek I have no idea where all this confidence to being 100% right about stuff you re completely clueless (as all of us) and expressing it by being ironic comes from. What do they feed you in Australia? Mountain Dew and Doritos? We literally have a 100% portuguese in the squad and it seems impossible to you that someone with Greek roots wanna join (for his personal benefit as well obviously).

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

7 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Damn AusGreek I have no idea where all this confidence to being 100% right about stuff you re completely clueless (as all of us) and expressing it by being ironic comes from. What do they feed you in Australia? Mountain Dew and Doritos? We literally have a 100% portuguese in the squad and it seems impossible to you that someone with Greek roots wanna join (for his personal benefit as well obviously).

Umm, do you mean naturalised Greeks as compared to actual native to the land Greeks? If a player qualifies to play and is playing at a high level, the coach is legally allowed to pick him, like Zeca, Holebas/Cholevas, Bouchalkis, Vlaho, Kone and Vassiliadis etc. All the nations pick if it helps them, and any player would love to represent at the highest level and would cherish those opportunities forever.

As for me being clueless as well, I don't agree with that, any conclusions I come to about these complex matters I make in my yfront underwear, with the window open, in the breeze whilst saying good morning to passes by. I don't get arrested for this anymore. I call it my unfair advantage over all the other posters, I receive inspiration even far far away here from this big brown land about our beloved Ethniki. I think best this way. As for food, I always squeeze lemon juice on rice, salmon, steak or fillets, tzatziki often  and wash it down with soda or juice.  Might have alittle Beer, Wine or Ouzo or whatever when I'm feeling more masculine. Know anyone I could date?

Do you have similar rituals and experiences? 

Edited by ausgreek

18 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Umm, do you mean naturalised Greeks as compared to actual native to the land Greeks? If a player qualifies to play and is playing at a high level, the coach is legally allowed to pick him, like Zeca, Holebas/Cholevas, Bouchalkis, Vlaho, Kone and Vassiliadis etc. All the nations pick if it helps them, and any player would love to represent at the highest level and would cherish those opportunities forever.

As for me being clueless as well, I don't agree with that, any conclusions I come to about these complex matters I make in my yfront underwear, with the window open, in the breeze whilst saying good morning to passes by. I don't get arrested for this anymore. I call it my unfair advantage over all the other posters, I receive inspiration even far far away here from this big brown land about our beloved Ethniki. I think best this way. As for food, I always squeeze lemon juice on rice, salmon, steak or fillets, tzatziki often  and wash it down with soda or juice.  Might have alittle Beer, Wine or Ouzo or whatever when I'm feeling more masculine. Know anyone I could date?

Do you have similar rituals and experiences? 

Thanks for replying without answering, sorta proving my point.

As for Ouzo I love it with fish and Tzatziki breath never bothered me in my love life both if it was comming from me or from the girl. As for the rest, I am not sure there is an answer. My favorite ritual, however, is the calling of the intenstine gods. I go to the toilet, and when I am done, I grab my trophy and throw it in the mirror calling for them. They hardly ever listen though.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

In Australia, we get conscripted for politician school, so I have learnt not to commit to certain narrative and let you answer your own question. No offence. Go Xanthi fc to get back to Super League next season.

Its time Ethniki gets back to about 14th in the fifa world rankings again, JVS is onto it. 

Where are you re Laz the DJ anyways?

Seriously, Rocka you ladies man, I answered your question in the first paragraph reeeee!

Edited by ausgreek

1 hour ago, ausgreek said:

In Australia, we get conscripted for politician school, so I have learnt not to commit to certain narrative and let you answer your own question. No offence. Go Xanthi fc to get back to Super League next season.

Its time Ethniki gets back to about 14th in the fifa world rankings again, JVS is onto it. 

Where are you re Laz the DJ anyways?

Seriously, Rocka you ladies man, I answered your question in the first paragraph reeeee!

If you did answer, then you are unaware of what the question was.

Nah I wouldn't worry about Tzavellas getting called up can't see that happening, he's part of the "you don't like my friend so I don't like you squad." Svarnas, Xatzidiakos, Michalidis are locks to be called. Even though most aren't fans Lambropoulos will also probably get the call. Kyriakopoulos will provide cover to the CB's also, I believe he has occassionaly played there for Sassuolo and JVS has showed he ain't afraid to play left backs at center back so it wouldn't shock me. 

Svarnas and Chatzidiakos will probably start. If they don't wanna play Chatzi in both games as he's just returning to full fitness one of the others will take his spot in one of the games. 

2 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Nah I wouldn't worry about Tzavellas getting called up can't see that happening, he's part of the "you don't like my friend so I don't like you squad." Svarnas, Xatzidiakos, Michalidis are locks to be called. Even though most aren't fans Lambropoulos will also probably get the call. Kyriakopoulos will provide cover to the CB's also, I believe he has occassionaly played there for Sassuolo and JVS has showed he ain't afraid to play left backs at center back so it wouldn't shock me. 

Svarnas and Chatzidiakos will probably start. If they don't wanna play Chatzi in both games as he's just returning to full fitness one of the others will take his spot in one of the games. 

We re playing a 3 CB scheme. Svarnas will probably start. Chatdisiakos as well, but who is the third ? Michailidis is my bet. A CB trio with average age 21,5 Ouch.

4 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

We re playing a 3 CB scheme. Svarnas will probably start. Chatdisiakos as well, but who is the third ? Michailidis is my bet. A CB trio with average age 21,5 Ouch.

If Stafy is fit, he will be there. Don't write off Kourbelis as a CB option. These are options they will look at.

I think we will see a back 4 with Kourbelis dropping deeper and the full back going forward in attack. Kourbelis seems to have a role to play in this team but the one next him is the most important. We need someone with a bit more creativity there next to him. 

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

I think we will see a back 4 with Kourbelis dropping deeper and the full back going forward in attack. Kourbelis seems to have a role to play in this team but the one next him is the most important. We need someone with a bit more creativity there next to him. 

I agree with that

6 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Galanopoulos or Vassiliadis perhaps?

9 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Galanopoulos or Vassiliadis perhaps?

Vasiliadis is a creative box to box for sure I wanted to see him. Also for everyone saying that before, Stafy had a surgery last week he won't be picked. Reminder he was injured vs Kosovo at his shoulder, and thus the surgery. Hasnt had playtime since last year with his team.

You Grik??

3 5 2

Barkas/ Vlaho

Svarnas         Kourbelis (c)       Hatzidiakos

Galanopoulos        Bouchalakis

Limnios       Vassiliadis        Mantalos        Giannoulis                            

Fountas

Not sure on the skipper. Picked the best 11, then found the captain.

Greek Messi on the right Vre Maik!!

Edited by ausgreek

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic