Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

10 hours ago, kbxk508 said:

Tzimikas I think is injured. Bouzoukis and Limnios got called up to the U21s.

The core group he's picked are from 2013-2015 U21s who are now in their mid 20s. I can understand the logic. I would have liked to seen Lamprou and Chatzigiovanis, but they are just 21 and will get their chance sooner or later.

The pick I like is the Aris LB Valerianos. Strongly built lad, takes players on, pacey and can get in a good cross. That's what we need.

I agree he is a good player. Well done to the coach for selecting him. I just recently found out that Limnios and Bouzoukis were on Anastasiadis list to be called up but they were needed for the u21s. 

1 hour ago, georgelaz said:

mitroglou
donis fortounis masouras
     zeca samaris
koutris siovas sokratis bakakis
        odyesseas

would be the best lineup

samaris is back in form and playing regularly for benfica (on top of the league and in europa )

Siopis needs to be given a chance. The guy runs everywhere and is decent on the ball. I believe next to Samaris the midfield would have good balance. 

On 3/14/2019 at 11:22 PM, Ellada2004 said:

Let’s just hope he plays Masouras and If not I don’t want to see Bakasetas he won’t help the NT and his recent form doesn’t merit a call up to the Ethniki.

Bakasetas and Mantalos fold under the pressure of the national team. Haven't played a good game in forever. 

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, Argy said:

Bakasetas and Mantalos fold under the pressure of the national team. Haven't played a good game in forever. 

Yeah they haven’t. Especially Bakasetas I don’t think he has ever played a good enough game. He might’ve done ok against Croatia playing as the CAM but nothing special. He is no difference maker by no means. Mantalos I believe is still useful but not as a starter. Just because he is AEK captain dosent mean he deserves a spot. Fortounis has only had a few good games himself. But way more reliable. Every national team game Fetfa has played he has impressed I’m actually surprised in theory Mavrias and Kolovos got picked ahead of him. 

But we also can’t look at just the individual. Even a players abilty factors there are other things too. Playing out of position can hurt a players performance and also the way the teams tactics are. Play two 6s in the middle isn’t going to be effective for the team going forward. Playing slow and unskillful outwide isn’t going to benefit our momentum going forward. All these things play a role and a good coach should know that. 

Also some of our players abilities are not good enough. Look at Bakasetas, he plays outwide for AEK too and looks nauseating because he loses the ball and gives away fouls so often. Also he is slow!!! Why does he play there still?!? Mantalos can’t play there either but you could something out of him but not much. 

Our team play is boring and too predictable. This team needs as many fast and creative players it has in order to get a result. Especially in midfield and outwide.

Its hard to believe that Bakasetas gets so much game time at AEK. Can someone please tell me what he adds to a team for either AEK or Greece???

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

11 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Yeah they haven’t. Especially Bakasetas I don’t think he has ever played a good enough game. He might’ve done ok against Croatia playing as the CAM but nothing special. He is no difference maker by no means. Mantalos I believe is still useful but not as a starter. Just because he is AEK captain dosent mean he deserves a spot. Fortounis has only had a few good games himself. But way more reliable. Every national team game Fetfa has played he has impressed I’m actually surprised in theory Mavrias and Kolovos got picked ahead of him. 

But we also can’t look at just the individual. Even a players abilty factors there are other things too. Playing out of position can hurt a players performance and also the way the teams tactics are. Play two 6s in the middle isn’t going to be effective for the team going forward. Playing slow and unskillful outwide isn’t going to benefit our momentum going forward. All these things play a role and a good coach should know that. 

Also some of our players abilities are not good enough. Look at Bakasetas, he plays outwide for AEK too and looks nauseating because he loses the ball and gives away fouls so often. Also he is slow!!! Why does he play there still?!? Mantalos can’t play there either but you could something out of him but not much. 

Our team play is boring and too predictable. This team needs as many fast and creative players it has in order to get a result. Especially in midfield and outwide.

Its hard to believe that Bakasetas gets so much game time at AEK. Can someone please tell me what he adds to a team for either AEK or Greece???

Ya good question? Anyone? 

44 minutes ago, Argy said:

Still the only player in the last decade for the NT that has really gone at defenders and made opponents uncomfortable. Something this dull midfield desperately lacks. 

Masouras and Donis do that too. Chatzigiovannis does it for Pao. All in form and all possible prospect for NT. The only thing Fetfa brought that these guys don't have is 5* fifa skillz lol.

Even though Fetfa is playing back in Greece he still can’t get a call up? 

I wouldn’t mind having him come in off the bench especially if we need a goal and he has the dribbling skills to take on defenders that no other Greek players have.

• Thanks 1

I just heard on the radio that Socratis is injured and will miss the game now. I caught the tail end of it on the radio can anyone confirm this? Please tell me this is not the case ffs...

Edited by J1078

Saw this -

Dimitris #Kolovetsios has been called up at the last second for @EthnikiOmada in the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Liechtenstein and Bosnia after #Sokratis #Papastathopoulos has been ruled out due to injury #Hellas #Ethniki

Great, not a good feeling for the build up of this tourney...Regarding Fetfta, not sure if he is in form.  He doesn't start for Aris and came in at the end of 4-0 game to score another. I think he has a lot of talent but he doesn't start for his club teams, makes you wonder.

Very disappointed with Papastathopoulos and a clear lack of passion for the Ethniki!

Can you believe we play Bosnia without Manolas & Sokratis??? We will lose this game, I know it. Kolovetsios is ok but at this level not so.

I actually this gives the other guys motivation to go out there and give 110% I feel like some of the senior guys, especially Sokratis have given up on this team

22 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Very disappointed with Papastathopoulos and a clear lack of passion for the Ethniki!

Can you believe we play Bosnia without Manolas & Sokratis??? We will lose this game, I know it. Kolovetsios is ok but at this level not so.

I actually this gives the other guys motivation to go out there and give 110% I feel like some of the senior guys, especially Sokratis have given up on this team

I agree man, I think Socratis has lost faith and believe in the team and has lost some of his passion.. we have no shot at picking up points against Bosnia without our star players who are our only strengths on this team.. I was so excited and looking forward to these qualifiers and now my moral has dropped after seeing all of these injuries and reading Socratis comments..

Edited by J1078

If Sokratis is indeed out of both games (Greek websites haven't ruled him out completely) Then Samaris/Kourbelis at center back is an option, if Angelos doesn't trust Kolovetsios and Risvanis. 
Officially Kolovetsios was called up to replace the ruled out Mantalos but no doubt this was done with one eye on Sokratis potentially missing. 

http://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/europi/european-championship-qualification/article/444090/stin-ethniki-o-kolovetsios-agonia-gia-papastathopoulo/

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/epo/ethnikh-elladas-kolovetsios-anti-mantaloy.5467457.html

Edited by paokarag4

35 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

Kourbelis is the best bet alongside Siovas in my opinion. Either that or Mavropanos who should’ve been called up. He is way better than Kolovetsios and Risvanis.

Yes Mavropanos would be a better option then Kolovetsios or Risvanis.

4 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Boys this team is going no where without Socratis and Manolas.. Bosnia will be next to impossible to get a result of Socratis is missing..

I don’t want to believe it but it could be a reality m. I have said before without these guys in the team we will struggle. All we need now is Fortounis to not play. 

Likely starters was

Πασχαλάκης, Μπακάκης, Παπασταθόπουλος, Σιόβας, Κούτρης, Ζέκα, Σάμαρης, Φορτούνης, Μασούρας, Δώνης and Μήτρογλου.

Strike out Παπασταθόπουλος and replace with Ρισβάνης or Κολοβέτσιος ?

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/klithike-stin-ethniki-o-kolobetsios-bgainei-nok-aout-o-papastathopoulos/3969265

Edited by kbxk508

Even though I'm a PAOK fan, Vlaxodimos needs to start. I recall leading into the Nations league match against Estonia it was reported that Paschalakis would start and in the end Barkas got the nod. I wouldn't pay too much attention to those projected line-ups, until later in the week. 

• Like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder what’s going to happen now that Siovas has been named the best defender in La Liga. He had a good showing the last 2 matches for Greece and deserves to continue playing. Manolas and Sokratis are our best but we shouldn’t neglect Siovas.

We might go to a back 3. Also to note K.Papa has returned and could also potentially be in the team. We also have our future in Retsos and Mavropanos. 

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic