Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Tziolis tosses the coach's salad

It's a prison thing. Lower inmates are forced to lick the assholes of the leading inmates, but they put salad dressing on it to hide the taste. Hence, tossing the salad.

Only explanation for his infatuation with this guy Alphonse lol

Edited by Makynia

• 2 weeks later...

My starting lineup right now would be as follows

Mitro

Donis Pelkas Lazaros

Samaris Zeca

Staf Socrates Manolas Bakakis

Pashalakis (sorry most in form goalie right now)

7 hours ago, Makynia said:

My starting lineup right now would be as follows

Mitro

Donis Pelkas Lazaros

Samaris Zeca

Staf Socrates Manolas Bakakis

Pashalakis (sorry most in form goalie right now)

There's nothing to be sorry about. Paschalakis should have had 5 caps by now compared to what he has now, 0. I don't know if Skibbe favours Pelkas over Fortounis. He is very high on Mantalos as we could see him on the wing again ?.

18 hours ago, Dean97 said:

There's nothing to be sorry about. Paschalakis should have had 5 caps by now compared to what he has now, 0. I don't know if Skibbe favours Pelkas over Fortounis. He is very high on Mantalos as we could see him on the wing again ?.

Skibbe will definatley put Fortounis ahead of Pelkas and Mantalos ahead of Laz.. 

Fortounis was still a top scorer/assister in superleague and Mantalos was out for most of the season.

The game where pelkas and fortounis both played pelkas had hunger but not the raw talent. Pelkas's first touch was terrible and could have led to a goal. Fortounis nearly scored twice that game by inches however. 

I think we are dissappointed because Fortounis was supposed to be so much more but he's still one of the best options.

People were ripping on me by saying a similar thing with Mitroglou until he got back to his superb form. Mitroglou even in bad form is bed than our other options and same with Fortounis (unless Mantalos is in form)

• Like it 1

45 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

Is it actually official? Also what's going on with Sokratis? In other news we could be seeing a lot of young talented Greek players playing for Panathinaikos. This is from Agona Sport. 

Well according to the wiki page. I got excited prematurely but the wikipedia is cited so it looks good.

Sokratis almost certainly. My family is from kalamata and my cousin and Sokratis are friends. He knew he was going Arsenal a month before his father leaked the info.

• Like it 1

I wonder why they haven't announced it yet with him holding up the jersey. Fetfatzidis is most likely already signed. I believe Fortounis, Lazaros and Fetfatzidis would be a good combination in a midfield 3 behind the striker. 

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching games from this World Cup just shows that some players should never be called up anymore. A majority of teams have athletic midfields with fast aggressive wingers. Players like tachtsidis and tziolis who r slow and lumbering should never be called upon. Players like mantalos, pelkas, fetfatzidis, donis, lazaros should be main fixtures.  We need a CM to claim a spot. Samaris or Zechariah are fine but they need someone with energy, pace and skill beside one of them. It would be perfect if mantalos was played as more of a #8 for AEK. Really need someone to step up and take the #8 role

• Like it 3

also shows how unlucky we were facing the opposition we faced.

belgium and croatia look like the strongest teams at WC

Mitroglou

Donis Fortounis Lazaros

Kourbelis Zeca

Staf Sokratis Manolas Bakakis

Karnezis

bench/reserves

kpaps

karelis

fetfa

mantalos

pelkas

torosidis

samaris

retsos

tzavellas

pasxalakis

tachtsi

my pick for 23 man squad if we theoretically qualified for world cup.

• Like it 1

8 hours ago, nick said:

Watching games from this World Cup just shows that some players should never be called up anymore. A majority of teams have athletic midfields with fast aggressive wingers. Players like tachtsidis and tziolis who r slow and lumbering should never be called upon. Players like mantalos, pelkas, fetfatzidis, donis, lazaros should be main fixtures.  We need a CM to claim a spot. Samaris or Zechariah are fine but they need someone with energy, pace and skill beside one of them. It would be perfect if mantalos was played as more of a #8 for AEK. Really need someone to step up and take the #8 role

I couldn't agree more Nick. I also believe we need a much more confident keeper who plays off his line. A player like Mat Ryan or Manuel Neuar. Karnezis doesn't command his box enough and looks nervous at times. I totally agree about having a number 8 next to either Zeca or Samaris.

21 hours ago, georgelaz said:

Mitroglou

Donis Fortounis Lazaros

Kourbelis Zeca

Karnezis

bench/reserves

kpaps

karelis

fetfa

mantalos

pelkas

torosidis

samaris

retsos

tzavellas

pasxalakis

tachtsi

I like your line-up except for Fortounis who I think should be benched in favour of Mantalos (assuming he's back in-form following a long lay-off from injury) and Kourbelis who I haven't really seen enough of to say one way or another but feel it's a bit of a leap to insert him in the 11 given his relative lack of playing time. That said, I don't really know who else can slot in next to Zeca as our other midfield options have been disappointing (Taxi, Samaris, Tziolis). 

And yeah our draw wasn't the luckiest but I feel that we were in with a chance against Belgium and played them tough. The Croatia play-off was a s%$#!-show and I lay the blame at the feet of our inept manager; not to say we shouldn't have lost (they are clearly the better team) but on our day and with the right line-up, we could have kept it competitive.

• Like it 3

On 6/24/2018 at 4:30 AM, georgelaz said:

Mitroglou

Donis Fortounis Lazaros

Kourbelis Zeca

Karnezis

bench/reserves

kpaps

karelis

fetfa

mantalos

pelkas

torosidis

samaris

retsos

tzavellas

pasxalakis

tachtsi

I don't think Kourbelis is the answer in my opinion. I also like your line up and it is the most realistic one. I believe Fortounis is our best number 10 on his day. Pelkas can certainly compete with him. Are we ever going to see Mantalos play in his natural position? I'd really like to see Manthatis step up and grab a spot in the Olympiakos starting 11 and even be called up. I believe this might be Lazaros last season of great form as he is 33. Fetfatzidis can be in the team as now Skibbe has no choice but to recognize him. 

To conclude, we need a number 8, someone who is capable of getting the job done in defence and attack. Bouchalakis has a chance to take it. I'd even put Fortounis there. Some one who can be just in front of Zeca (who should be the holding mid) to carry the ball and play along with the attacking midfielder to create opportunities for other attackers and themselves. But we won't see this as Skibbe wants to play and holding player there as we have seen in the past. 

• Like it 1

Oh my God! Greece defeat France 3-1 in the Mediterranean Games at Tarragona, Spain. Panathinaikos player Dimitrios Emmanoulidis scored 2 goals in the tournament. Only 17 years old, he may be a consideration for the future of Greek football. 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic