Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Pirated Pirates:

4 3 3

Rockafella Skank (scores)

NIck the Greek                       George Laz DJ (Fetfa)

J1078

Blackhawk                            Argy

Molon Lave        Akritis (vc)         Red Sherriff           Boxou

La Mendell (c)     

Bench:

Ausgreek

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, La Mendel said:

If Ouzonidis will be NT coach, we can as well shoot ourselves in the head. I hope we can qualify and Skibbe remains.

Donis' injury seems to be serious. Transfermarkt says he wont be available until the end of this year. President of Stuttgart says they wanna sign new attackers because of lots of injured and out of form players.

More problems: our players dont seem to get game time on this last occasion before play-off games.

Bundesliga: Stafylidis is still injured (another problem, did you know anyway?), Retsos was subbed after first half and 0-1, Sokratis played 90 minutes (they lost 2-4 to Hannover), K. Papadopoulos too (Hamburg lost to Hertha, 1-2, he gave an assist, however).

Serie A: Torosidis still injured, at least Oikonomou (SPAL) played 64 minutes (with the lot of injured players, perhaps he will get a call-up), Manolas will be probably available against Croatia (did not play now).

Premiership: Karnezis was on the bench as Watford lost to Stoke.

"Super" League and other championships: Fortounis played 90 minutes as Olympiacos lost to Panathinaikos (0-1), Kourbelis was captain of Pana as usual, Mantalos & Bakasetas will play tomorrow (if they will) for AEK. Tachtsidis was benched vs Pana (he played only 2 games in Greek league), same goes for Kapino and Samaris (Benfica). Zeca's Koebenhavn did not play yet. Tziolis was a starter again (90 minutes, they lost to a weak Saudi club and could be last after this matchday). Tzavellas played a full match but Maniatis wasnt in the squad (Alanyaspor). Karelis played after a year or so again for Genk (0-0 vs Kortrijk). Almost the whole Belgian press mention the return of Karelis and says he could have been a hero but unfortunately he missed a penalty. Fun fact: Avraam played for Brisbane Roar and scored his first goal in the season as they got a draw vs Wellington Phoenix (after 20 minutes they were down to 0-3, end result 3-3) but he wont be called up (he shouldnt).

On Saturday, Sokratis, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Retsos, Fortounis and Tzavellas were in the starting XI of their respective teams. Samaris, Tachtsidis, Kapino, Karnezis did not play too much this year, and now even Maniatis is struggling. At least Karelis returned and could get a call, I hope he will. I think we can manage it, but it will be tough.

Well hopefully history is going to repeat itself, in 2004 we had a team of bench warmers and journeymen. Lets just hope good organisation and team spirit serves us well again now. 

5 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Pirated Pirates:

4 3 3

Rockafella Skank (scores)

NIck the Greek                       George Laz DJ (Fetfa)

J1078

Blackhawk                            Argy

Molon Lave        Akritis (vc)         Red Sherriff           Boxou

La Mendell (c)     

Bench:

Ausgreek

Where am I re! 

what's going on with stafylidis? not in the squad for augsburg and not in the injury list either..

sad case since he lost the starting spot in augsburg this year..from being the best player a year ago to a bench warmer a year later...

mantalos got injured against panionios...looks serious..trying to predict a lineup without the questionable donis and mantalos around..

karnezis

torosidis sokratis manolas tzavellas

stafylidis samaris kourmpelis zeca 

fortounis 

mitroglou

freaking sucks.. 

Villafanez citizenship is gonna be a hell lot of help in our offence. Guy has everything we need. Vision on the wingers. He is gonna be a 2nd fortounis. And I know that Fortounis aint delivering for Oly but for the NT he has been splendit. Both his set pieces and his through balls to Mitro. Donis Left Wing and Villa Right

Our offence on paper is decent as you said. The fact that Skibbe prefers a more defensive mentality is what makes it look impotent. Kicking a few players from the starting spots (make Mandalos the back up 10 - Kick Vellios,Diamantakos,Bakasetas out of the NT - bring Pelkas,Villafanez,Lazaros in the NT - Maybe even bring Karamanos guy has been having regular time at portugal league he can't be worse than our back ups).

Personally Id go for a 4-4-2 as our scheme. Not much of wing play just 2 Attacking mids in Mantalos and Fortounis. 2 Holding mids in Samaris and Zeka. Donis a striker behind Mitroglou.

It seems a hell to break plus with  these strikers we re gonna be good for a couple of more years till next Euro.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

mantalos is confirmed out..wish him to recover quickly, sucks for the players to get injured like that..

as far as the playoffs are concerned i think the scheme will be the same we used against belgium, a 4-4-1-1. but not with the same players. that's the most probable solution at the moment. it could be enough to get a draw for example but not to get us past croatia over 2 legs. 

our chances are quite slim now.

36 minutes ago, Boxou said:

mantalos is confirmed out..wish him to recover quickly, sucks for the players to get injured like that..

as far as the playoffs are concerned i think the scheme will be the same we used against belgium, a 4-4-1-1. but not with the same players. that's the most probable solution at the moment. it could be enough to get a draw for example but not to get us past croatia over 2 legs. 

our chances are quite slim now.

Weren't you saying we re 100% out and that Bosnia was gonna win Belgium and that we might not even win Cyprus?

I am happy you re saying this coz it means we have better chances right now.

Manolas is gonna be back. Torosidis gonna be back. Donis will probably be back. Mitroglou is fine Mantalos is not an irreplaceable person in this team. Lazaros/Gianniotas can take his place with enough thirst to prove themselves and better experience on the wings. 

As long as Toro Manolas are back I see no reason to be afraid.

• Like it 2

21 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Weren't you saying we re 100% out and that Bosnia was gonna win Belgium and that we might not even win Cyprus?

I am happy you re saying this coz it means we have better chances right now.

Manolas is gonna be back. Torosidis gonna be back. Donis will probably be back. Mitroglou is fine Mantalos is not an irreplaceable person in this team. Lazaros/Gianniotas can take his place with enough thirst to prove themselves and better experience on the wings. 

As long as Toro Manolas are back I see no reason to be afraid.

Sucks that we received another Injury but I completely agree. If Manolas, Donis and Toro is back then we are still okay..

• Like it 2

We are probably going to see Zeca and Stafylidis on the wings. I hope Donis will be fine. Mantalos is replaceable, he hasn't lived up to the hype, that's also because he's been put on the wing. I believe if Donis is fine we will see one of Zeca or Stafylidis on the other wing.

Stafylidis is injured (it is a wound), he can do only roadwork, he cant train with Augsburg teammates. I dont know when he will return.

Maniatis was injured too, on 25 October in a Turkish Cup game, something was torn perhaps in his knee, possibly he will be okay before the first leg, they said he will be out for 2 weeks (that was the reason of his absence on the last matchday).

Lykogiannis played full game for Sturm Graz (they won 2-0), Petsos played only 2 minutes against Admira Wacker Moedling (Rapid won 1-0).

There are many injuries but there is a chance that several players (Torosidis Manolas Stafylidis Maniatis Donis etc.) will be okay before the first game.

Zeka on the wing wtf?
Lazaros/Gianniotas/Pelkas Im pretty sure an extra call up could include someone we are all interested seeing. Weather he plays or not is another question.

Anyways our key players currently are:
Torosidis, Karnezis, Manolas, Sokratis,Mitroglou,Samaris,Zeka and to be fair as long as these players are fit the rest are replaceable for Skibbe's plan.

Tzavellas/Stafylidis we have 2 players there.

Fortounis/Mantalos/Lazaros/Gianniotas/Donis/Stafylidis we have a fair amount of attacking mids/wide mids as well

Donis is gonna be a threat for croats as when they start opening up because they ll find it hard to score against us, we need a pacey dude on the counter being able to dribble past a mediocre croat defender or two and score. He is the perfect man for this nerve breaking strategy Skibbe has used in all the big games so far. Gianniotas and Lazaros are obviously a class down. Lazaros hasn't scored/assisted from before the Gibraltar/Cyprus qualifiers btw. Hope he can find some form coz having him as a sub should be an extra mental push.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Papara Pirated Pirates

4 2  3 1

Dean 97 (c)

Giourkas                          Pash (vc)                            Omonia9

Original 21                         kbxk 508

Greek Lunatic               AEK 86                      Reaper                       Tzatziki

Jason

• Like it 1

forget gianniotas..he's a bench warmer in spain's second division...after all he only appeared in what, 4 games in the whole campaign, all of them as a late sub..

i know this is not going to happen but i would like for once skibbe to try a formation like that. especially with mantalos* and donis(probably) being out;

karnezis

sokratis papadopoulos manolas

lykogiannis samaris kourmpelis zeca stafylidis

fortounis

mitroglou 

torosidis is coming off an injury and in general hasn't been healthy this season..lykogiannis is more fresh and would fit far better as a full back/half..

also i'd prefer that system one hundrend times instead of using useless mpakasetas and gianniotas...after all this is a great chance to lock the midfield which is their biggest advantage...i hope he actually tries this one...and of couse stay away of tziolis and tzavellas...

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic