Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Look man no offense but Id rather have Christodoulopoulos and Gianniotas as wingers than Fetfatzidis. Reason?I got two
a) your link has a video. Look at that goal. Do you believe the K15 of Olympiakos concedes this goal? Scrappy lucky goal.
b) The defences of Saudi Arabia are the ones that make Tziolis look like a capitano. Suddently someone who plays for Saudi Arabia is good, but the other one is "taking a spot" in the Greek National team.

Gianniotas plays in Segunda liga this season but last season was a key success to APOEL having an awesome European run for their standarts. Everyone loved him and im pretty sure that Olympiakos just had him way too overpriced for a team like APOEL to be able to buy him. He scored a goal last match 16september. He got subbed in at 77, he scored at 80.

Lazaros on the other hand seems to have stepped up his game. Im only interested on the big games of GSL -vs pao panathinaikos olympiakos panionios(these two seasons is playing a better and more appealing footy than anyone)- but he was also the main reason why they progressed to uefa Europa League and won Rijeca away, much easier than Olympiakos did. 

Fetfatzidis really is playing amateur tier football and the goal that you posted is just proof of this.

^ I get what you are saying and I'm not completely disagreeing with you but what is the harm in giving him at the very least a shot even coming off the bench. Yes he is playing against weaker players but the guy looks confident and in form so I truly believe he deserves a look. I completely agree with you regarding lazaros and I hope we see him up with the NT..

http://m.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/Superleague/olympiacos/o-xasi-kalese-toys-vasikous-sto-grafeio-toy-kai-eixe-logo.4852812.html

The photo looks funny ... looks like Androutsos is saying to himself Im going to take your position now while smiling in the background ....while Fortounis is getting yelled at by the coach

Edited by Dean97

Ninis playing for a mid-table Israeli club at 27 years old is ridiculous; Never thought he would reach this low.

Fetfa should be on the NT. This is a tired subject. We are very thin in the wing position and he was good in the glimpses that we saw of him a couple of years ago. 

the one that has to be capped is odysseas vlachodimos...the guy is moments before finalizing his deal with benfica and we have yet to cap him! he will stay in pao this season. it's scary that instead of him we see the likes of kyriakidis and anestis there..soon karnezis will retire, he's 33 atm and the only decent one is kapino (although he's much younger) but we don't have any other good prospect atm..remember when we lost lodygin to russia because santos couldn't sub him in in some freaking qualifier over a minnow...if we lose vlachodimos they should go and fcvk themselves...

btw there's a guy in alkmaar (chatzidiakos) who is 20 years old and was promoted to the first team recently. today he scored in a cup game. 'bad' thing he's a cb and we have a plethora of them..manolas, sokratis, papadopoulos, retsos, siovas, oikonomou are all playing in top-5 leagues. we should put some emphasis on producing offensive players some day, it's ridiculous to have such depth in defence (apart from cbs we also have torosidis, stafylidis, tzavellas and there are bakakis and katranis coming from behind..and it's even more ridiculous when your starting cdm is a naturalized greek, his partner is playing in saudi arabia and up front mitroglou's back ups are 2nd league players..thank god there are donis and karelis.. 

we're lucky we got karnezis and a very young kapino

my friend was saying in greece any time a player seem promising they usually just make them cb as it's easier to train for and greece's training is limited so will result in a net profit.

Edited by georgelaz

I agree Boxou. We have Stafylidis improving and becoming a real threat at left back/wing. Fortounis is decent. Retsos is a young prospect and Donis looks like the saviour that we are looking for. Karelis is returning from injury.

The thing is Mitroglou is our only hope of producing goals. Fortounis goes missing at times and Mantalos is not cut out for the wing. Gianniotas is a real winger and I keep thinking we are sabotaging ourselves by not playing him. He is similar to Fetfatzidis. 

We need to start putting emphasis on our attacking players, also especially our midfield the number 6 and 8 positions. Fortounis and Mantalos have the 10 position along with maybe Pelkas as the back up. But the number 6 position is important as Tziolis is not good enough. 

There's players like Spanoudakis and Mourgos who have talent and they are only 17-18.

This is what should happen against Cyprus:

Karnezis

Torosidis.  Manolas.  Sokratis Tzavellas

Tachtsidis Samaris

Zeca.                                            Stafylidis

Donis.       Mitroglou

Notice how deep the defensive midfielders are. This gives us protection in defence and also having Zeca who is a workhorse to track back and help Torosidis and then help going forward in attack. Stafylidis also works hard and likes to run. He also has a lethal shot. I would bench Fortounis and Mantalos and play Donis who plays well as second striker. I would instruct him to drop deeper and collect the ball and free up space in attack. 

Subs can be:

Gianniotas, Fortounis and maybe Lazaros if we need goals. 

5 hours ago, Dean97 said:

This is what should happen against Cyprus:

Karnezis

Torosidis.  Manolas.  Sokratis Tzavellas

Tachtsidis Samaris

Zeca.                                            Stafylidis

Donis.       Mitroglou

Notice how deep the defensive midfielders are. This gives us protection in defence and also having Zeca who is a workhorse to track back and help Torosidis and then help going forward in attack. Stafylidis also works hard and likes to run. He also has a lethal shot. I would bench Fortounis and Mantalos and play Donis who plays well as second striker. I would instruct him to drop deeper and collect the ball and free up space in attack. 

Subs can be:

Gianniotas, Fortounis and maybe Lazaros if we need goals. 

When they push up in attack, as in the other matches, the front three needed more support. This is the problematic  CMF position where Tachtsidis must play higher up or even Bouchalakis with his attacking flair. Either can link with Donis and Mykonos too.

Donis might be our best AM or SS, he has made every post a winner. He is lively and the opposite to Fortounis.

karnezis, kapino, vlachodimos

sokratis, manolas, retsos, papadopoulos, oikonomou, siovas

torosidis, stafylidis, tzavellas, mpakakis

samaris, tziolis, tachtsidis, zeca, kourmpelis, galanopoulos, fortounis, mantalos

mitroglou, donis, karelis, lazaros, mpakasetas, gianniotas

the best possible one..

How is he overweight? He looks fine he still is talented to be in this team. Tziolis gets picked but Fetfatzidis doesn't, it doesn't make sense.

Also I just saw PAOK Vs Levadiakos in the cup and Pelkas has a lot of work to do in regards to finishing my goodness. Koulouris aswell. Deligiannidis looked alright and so did Limnios. Limnios can take on players but needs to work on his finishing, not as bad as Pelkas though.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic