Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

^we should be done experimenting by now, the line up that is fielded against the Netherlands should be our line going forward for the wc qualifiers. There should only be tinkering if there are injuries or if we look horrible on the pitch. I really hope Skibbe isn't planning to keep mixing his line ups on a game to game basis because if he does we are screwed and we will build no chemistry or consistancey. The time for the  mixing of line ups should be done by now. I'm not crazy about some of the selections but he has made his decision now he just needs to stick with a line up and focus on a strategy.

Edited by J1078

I think Gibraltar match is also taken for granted and some sort of a friendly. 
I personaly however hope that Skibbe asks/demands lots of subs in the Netherlands game, and maybe we see 2 schemes in 1 match.

Honestly , Maniatis is a good player and he has been a starter of the NT when fit for many years.
He is fast and defensively a very good 6th , however , he is not a δημιουργικό one. His duties are just defensive. Samaris isn't much of a δημιουργικός either, so as many mentioned,  having them as our main midfielders means θα μας βγεί η παναγία μέχρι να βγεί αντεπίθεση.

with 3 cbs however we have an extra player with offensive duties, which can mean better transition.
Just the opinion of someone who doesnt know coaching though.

If we go for 4-2-3-1 i doubt Maniatis/Samaris will be that duo. Same reason why K. Paps aint worthy of a midfielder.

If we go for 3-2-3-2 or 3-2-4-1 we can have literally 5 players focusing on defensive duties and 5 players focusing on offence.

I honestly believe that our forwards Mitroglou , Karelis , Diamantakos, evne Vellios, despite not being able to score yet, are talented enough to score if they have the correct feedback. They are not the world class players Lewandowski, Benzema , Ronaldo  who can both playmake and score but scoring is an attribute they are good at.
a 3-2-4-1 with wingers like Gianniotas , Cholevas and both Mantalos , Fortounis in seems pretty decent to destroy a week hollish defence and score some goals against our 3 first opponents of Qualifying which are the easiest ones, Gibraltar,Cyprus and Estonia.

Also, how funny is it that the year greece was drawn against cyprus, olympiakos was drawn against apoel?

Ellas even though I want to agree with you I am still worried if we go all out offence, let's no forget against the FI we dominated play and went all out and we ended up losing both games. So even though I want to say lets go all out and smash this s%$#! out of these guys I'm still some what worried if we do that just because of our results in the last couple years. Didn't we even lose to Luxembourg 1-0 as well? And we again tried to play all out offence. That style doesn't work for us regardless of our apponent and never has. Let's not make the same mistakes we made in the EQ and in  the friendlies in the last couple of years. Solid defense needs to be our focus and who ever disagrees needs to go back and look at the teams the we've conceded goals against.

Edited by J1078

Maniatis when playing at olympiakos was one of our most underrated players imo.

he does so many little things off the ball and is an engine.

now tho, den xero

his wiki says he's still with oly

Edited by georgelaz

Gianniotas is not competing for a position against Mantalos and Ninis. He is there purely as a rb, if anything competing with Fetfatzidis, and got the spot. Ninis missed out cause of Mantalos and Fortounis being better than him.

Also, anyone displacing Tziol would be another dm, cause the balance of the team will be out. Can't replace a dm with an am. Unless say, Kourbelis or Tachtsidis can unseat him, Tziol-Pirlo will keep getting selected for a while yet.

Edited by ausgreek

• 2 weeks later...

Starting as cf, scoring goals, team of the week/month recognition, yes it is, it's Giorgos Samaras! We need a lw.. Also would be no.2 stricker for the Pirates ahead of Vellio, Diamantako and Bakaseta...watch this space fans!

Ο Μίκαελ Σκίμπε έκανε αρκετές δοκιμές στις προπονήσεις των προηγούμενων ημερών, όμως στην προπόνηση της Δευτέρας (5/9) φαίνεται πως κατέληξε στους βασικούς του.

Ο Γερμανός προπονητής θα παρατάξει την ομάδα με 4-2-3-1, με τον Καρνέζη στην εστία, τους Τοροσίδη, Κυριάκο Παπαδόπουλο, Μανωλά και Τζαβέλλα στην τετράδα της άμυνας, τους Σάμαρη και Μανιάτη ως αμυντικούς χαφ, τους Μπακασέτα, Μάνταλο και Φορτούνη στην τριπλέτα της μεσαίας γραμμής και τον Μήτρογλου ως προωθημένο.

• Like it 1

11άδα της Εθνικής ομάδας για τον αγώνα με το Γιβραλτάρ στο Αλγκάρβε. Ο Μίχαελ Σκίμπε ξεκινά τον Μπακασέτα στο αρχικό σχήμα αντί τού Χολέμπας, ενώ το σύστημα θα είναι 4-2-3-1 όπως και με την Ολλανδία στη φιλική νίκη με 2-1 στο Αϊντχόφεν πριν μερικές ημέρες.

Οι Καρνέζης - Τοροσίδης, Μανωλάς, Παπασταθόπουλος, Τζαβέλλας, Σάμαρης, Μανιάτης, Μάνταλος, Φορτούνης, Μπακασέτας, Μήτρογλου επιλέχθηκαν από τον Γερμανό ομοσπονδιακό τεχνικό στην πρεμιέρα των προκριματικών του Παγκοσμίου Κυπέλλου.

Στο τέρμα ο Καρνέζης, οι Τοροσίδης, Παπασταθόπουλος, Μανωλάς και Τζαβέλλας στην τετράδα της άμυνας, οι Σάμαρης και Μανιάτης στα χαφ, με τους Μπακασέτα, Μάνταλο και Φορτούνη στην τριπλέτα της μεσαίας γραμμής και τον Μήτρογλου ως προωθημένο.

2 hours ago, 1789 said:

Not Fetfatzidis though, he's better suited to starting wide and cutting in. I think he can play centrally, but it's better he starts wide and moves freely. And he's very good at stretching the play/drawing players out of position. I think he would work really well in a 3-4-3 as a right-wing attacker. But since his move to Saudi Arabia I think he has disqualified himself from the NT.

He disqualified himself because he is himself. Reports from people that Fetfatzidis is a στόκος who drinks all the time and gets in fight with people for staring his girlfriends have been heard from people who were with him at school. Guy needed some disciplined manager. He got fat by the way. check pics.

How many girlfriends does he have? His chicks start with; 'Let me stroke his hair,no pick me,no pick me Fetta! Look' I'm wearing a minny skirt!'

Then he tells someone; 'Why are you looking at my whore which I respect so much, like the others re?'  

I can see him now at the Barakia. At least Kostas Mykonos didn't carry on like this recently.

Edited by ausgreek

Hi all,I'm new here.Thought I had to register,there's always some good talk about NT.I have created a list of 30 players which is the mostly the usual pool of players to be honest and I'm looking forward to see what you guys think.

GKs;

Orestis Karnezis

Stefanos Kapino

Panagiotis Glykos 

CBs

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Kostas Manolas

Kyriakos Papadopoulos

Dimitris Siovas

Adam Tzanetopoulos

RB/LBs

Vassilis Torosidis

Jose Cholebas

Kostas Stafylidis

Giwrgos Tzavellas

Stelios Kitsiou

DMFs

Andreas Samaris

Giannis Maniatis

Panagiotis Tachtsidis

Alexandros Tziolis

Thanos Petsos

Sotiris Ninis

AMFs

Kostas Fortounis

Petros Mantalos 

Panagiotis Kone 

Giannis Gianniotas

Lazaros Christodoulopoulos 

Dimitris Pelkas 

STs

Kostas Mitroglou

Stefanos Athanasiadis

Nikos Karelis 

Apostolos Vellios

Tasos Bakasetas 

Some promising player for the youth teams seem to be Vergos,Lamprou,Retsos,Ioannidis,Barkas etc.

• Like it 1

Athanasiadis no.

Christodoulopoulos I wanna see him first for 4-5 months with AEK until I can change my mind but for now , no. Also that selfish shoot against Costa Rica instead of passing probably EPO mad with him, and they should be.

Tziolis should be a no but he probably has visma.

Tzanetopoulos too young and we have already playersin his position who are worthy of call ups so I can't see him fitting, no.

Siovas? Really man? No.

Kitsiou barely played last year, New players cam on Paok this year, he didn't even ask to be loaned off in some other team, so although i rate him and believe him to be the Torosidis successor if he picks his career up and moves awa y from paok. Right now just no.

Maniatis still hasnt found a team, didn't show much in the Gibraltar match and I rate him a lot and really believe he is starter material, but till the Cyprus match, he aint gonna cut it , no.

Ninis also plays in positions we are considered to be full. Where will he suit , in whose position ? If we consider him a winger, a in-shape fetfatzidis is far superior. If we consider him a AMF Fortounis and Mantalos are more decent and actually productive with Ethniki, I like him as a player but he had his years with the NT. No.

I just removed 8 players and we are left with the squad Skibbe used in the past 2 matches. They are really our best. However, I didnt like Bakasetas away from the Striker position, and since we are full there with Mitroglou/Karelis/Vellios I can't see him managing to play. No point to pick him. I don't rate vellios either to be honest, but boy scored against best championship side this weekend so I don't think we can get rid of him that easily.

Instead of the players I mentioned , I have a few players to add. A) Check Siopis for 1-2 months to see if he has the same level as last year, if them call him , check him.

B)Ikonomou is young and Serie A starter, he needs to be called up to get the mood of the NT, to not be a stranger with the others.

C) Check Lazaros Lamprou who just left PAO (coz he realised with this full roster he aint getting any playtime this year either) and went to Iraklis. Boy scored on his debut.

D) Diamantakos doing well at Bundesliga 2. Still not sure if he deserves a call up or not based on the fact that we are too full in that position, and he is not good as a winger.
E) Fountas is another Winger Prospect. Keep an eye on him. Panionios gonna do well and whoever is responsible is gonna show.

F) I also rate Vellidis as a goalkeeper.

**I hope Pelkas gets playtime coz this paok seems full offensively. He got time at the debut. He should have been loaned.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 1

Nikos D and Hellas TO, welcome to the jungle, we've got fun & games. As long as you don't mind being rag-dolled every now and then, enjoy!

In general opinion out there, for someone that is considered as a DM, should he be big-boddied to be fairly dominant, would Siopis be more effective than say Tachtsidis or Samaris? Not sure myself though, the taller guys excel at DM.

Expect to see Tzioi there for 10 more years then.

Has anybody mentioned Tasos Donis?He did well last year at Swiss league with Lugano(8 goals,7 assists) and now he plays for the French side Nice,where he assisted the equalizer today.Right now he is a member of U21 but potentially he could be a decent player for out midfield,considering our weaknesses there.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic