Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Pelkas is switched on, deserves to start as in the last game, he's got speed. Fetfa and Kone at best on the bench. Petsos should come straight into the squad immediately! A lot of positives came out of the last game, basically the team need to stiffen up the back four.  

• Like it 1

^It's not just that. He's always been a relatively selfish player. It's easy to tell that his attitude was "me, myself, and I". To his credit, it was reduced over time, notably after he came back to the NT. But I can think of so many examples where we had a man open, and decided to take a shot to the sky, and our boys would be pissed and tell him that they were open.

Also true. I do like him, though. But, lots of damage has been done to us in the past due to this 'tude.

-----------------------Karnezis-------------------------

Torosidis--------Sokratis----Siovas--------Holebas

-----------------------Tachtsidis-------------------------

----------Ninis---------------------Mantalos------------

-----------------------Fortounis--------------------------

----------------Pelkas------------------------------------

----------------------------Mitroglou---------------------

I know this team seems to attacking, however I think it would work. Against Hungary we saw how good Mantalos, Fortounis and Pelkas played together. Ninis could play in Samaris's position and create with his great passing. All I know this line up would create a lot of chances. Probably to attacking but we should try this out against Luxembourg.

• Like it 1

fortounis should start over ninis if anything. 

ninis vs. pelkas is more debatable but even still i'm slightly for pelkas 

ninis as a sub for sure though.

I don't get the Siovas?

CB pecking order 1. Sokratis 2. Manolas 3. Kpaps 4. Siovas IMO

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

lol this isn't our best squad but in terms of raw speed would be fun to see once

basically our fastest players for each position

Diamantakos Klaus

Klonaridis         Pelkas         Fetfa

Maniatis

Holebas   Manolas Sokratis Marinos

Karnezis
Edited by georgelaz

I really liked Samaris at Oly, however for Greece he has been really bad since the World cup. Ninis is a great player, every game he has played this season he has done great. His recent injury pulled him back a bit. To be honest I wouldn't put him in the Cm position for a important game.

Samaris will be 27 by the time the qualifiers start. If his form in the friendlies coming up, remains where it's been, he should be moved on. I would even bring Maniatis in if we go for an over 25 player. Petsos might be the future of this team. 

My lineup would be players who we should start most games. The  core players are Karnezis, Manolas, Sokratis, Torosidis, Samaris, Mitroglou. Everyone else has to earn their position in the team. Players like Fortounis and Tachtsidis should start also. It will be hard to choose over Ninis and Pelkas. Im a fan of Ninis i think he should be in this team cause he is at the right age and has some sort of expirience in the Ethniki. He has over 30 caps. He has more caps than Lazaros and Kone and also more goals.

Our biggest problem is our LB position. So far we have Holebas. I think in 2-3 years Stafylidis will take his position, but both are weak defensively. Attacking, they are both reliable but the question is who do you start right now leading into the WC qualifiers. Do you stick with Holebas or do you go straight to youth. Players like Kitsiou, Maniatis, Lagos should be given a shot at the LB position. These players are good defensively especially the last two. I think we need to fix this problem at LB because Holebas is turning 32 i think we should find a replacement in the future.  It might be a good idea that mold someone in that position. Also Torosids but he is more reliable.

In my opinion the equal problem to that is where Kyriakos Papadopoulos plays. Does he play over Manolas? i dont think so. (Siovas has a place aswell.) Does he play DM? He hasnt got the passing for it but has got the aggression and tackling to stop plays. Does he come in as as a sub? I think its a waste. These are problems that should be fixed before starting the new era under the new coach.

For now we should just have Moras and Tziolis there for expirience to balance it. Also have youth in the team that we want to include also. Players like Pelkas, Kapino, Mantalos, Karelis and Tzanetopoulos. 

If anyone has to prove themesleves andplay its  the strikers. MItroglou, Athanasiadis and Aravidis. All 3 should be included in the squad. But this is another problem aswell. This is where the new coach has find out how the midfield is going to link up with attackers and create goals for the strikers.

For the Luxemborg match:

Karnezis ©

Kapino

Sifakis

Torosidis ©

Kitsiou

Manolas

K.Papadopoulos

Sokratis ©

Moras

Holebas

Stafylidis

Lagos

Tziolis

Tachtsidis

Samaris ©

Ninis

Kone

Mantalos

Fortounis

Mitroglou ©

Athanasiadis

Karelis

Aravidis.

Other mentions for the future: Vellidis, Maniatis, Lazaros, Fetfatzidis, Pelkas, Glykos, Siovas, Tzanetopoulos.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

Moras and Tziolis should be up here with us on the lounge chair posting opinions, or in the park in A grade playing in front of relatives and girlfriends now brah. Samaris is still trying to prove himself as far as is evidenced on the pitch. Petsos for DM for passing range and some vision, or Kpaps if you want just a really good stopper- as was needed against Hungary's Nemeth-I think. Maniatis would pick up his ball and go home if he was to play as LB too. Need more speed @ RB nowdays. Toro might play further in perhaps? Pelkas has shown already he should be one of the first 5 chosen in the starting team. Ninis has it all to do atm. 

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

___________Mitroglou

Pelkas_____Fortounis_____Mantalos

_____Tachtsidis___Samaris

Holebas________________Torosidis

_______Manolas__Sokratis

___________Karnezis

This should be our core team. We should stick to this in the beginning. It's also important to start incorporating Stafylidis and Kitsiou into the fullback positions during this campaign. Holebas and Torosidis are both in their 30s. Lastly, we also need to utilize Petsos, Vellios, Kapino, etc. He have a very good team, a lot of youth talent and a lot of quality players. There could be worse problems. (I believe Bakakis should be a starter if he wasn't injured, if he's as good as he is for AEK than we're in good feet :P )

• Like it 3

yeah I was thinking. We should definitely keep Holebas and Torosidis as fullbacks for this campaign but we HAVE to have wingers for the attacking half of the pitch.

we can't expect them to run up and down the field for 90 minutes much longer.

Holebas plays like he's 25 somehow though, probably because of his late start? Less atrophy I suppose.

Edited by georgelaz

our main fullbacks are either in bad form (torosidis), injured (stafylidis) or not getting playing time (holebas). with that in mind, why isn't tzavellas being called up? 

if he isn't called up, we may be forced to start/substitute players like skondras, vyntra, kitsiou, and giannoulis against luxembourg and turkey

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic