Phantis Forums

Marcus Berg

Giourkas

There is no need to rip into giroux or berg.  Giroux scored a hat trick at olympiakos last year.  He is one of the best target men in the world even If he is limited in other aspects of the game.  Winning headers in attacking positions is very important and makes an attack more dynamic. Berg is so good at contributing to build up play and is very good at not isolating himself.  He never meshed well with ibra because I think they both need to demand a lot of the ball to be most effective. 

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Marcus Berg about to sign a new deal with Panathinaikos!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/grekland/article23554194.ab

I translate the key facts of the swedish article below:

The current contract, that expire 2018 is about to be extended to 2019 according to the desire of coach Stramaccioni. The current contract is worth 6 M SEK (app. 600000 euro), and the extension will give Berg app 800- 900000 euro plus bonuses.

The reporter asks if Marcus has any intension of coming home to Gothenburg to end his career and that is his desire but not at this moment. He and his family are extremly happy in Athens. When asked about another club in Europe his answer is: "Nothing is written in stone just because you sign a new contract but everbody knows how happy me and my family are here. At the same time I have been open and listened to other clubs, but to switch what I have here demands something extra. Quality of life, economical & football wise"

• Like it 2

Stramma again showing he is spot on with personnel decisions.  If he doesn't pan out with his coaching I think he would be a great Technical Director. Berg seems like the type of player that will age well and will be playing at a high level at least for 3-4 more years in my opinion.

• Like it 1

That's a good question... will Berg age well...

The man understands the game EXTREMELY WELL which bodes well to us.... the pass he gave Lod for the 2-0 against PAS was a thing of ABSOLUTE BEAUTY!  He's not a very explosive player so his playing style will not be greatly affected

I think you may be right... I think he does have a good 3-4 years at the highest level..  Definately lucky to have him... one of the most complete fwds Greece has seen in the past 10-15 years

^Well said.

Footballing IQ is so important and Berg is one of the smartest footballers playing the game and i'm not just talking about greece.

Nice thinking triffili, Strama atm is more suited to TD than coach. He has time to learn though.

I'm personally waiting for another footballer to hang up his boots so we can snap him up as coach. Can anyone guess?

Έκλεισε το deal Παναθηναϊκού - Μπεργκ

pegasus_LARGE_t_1301_107072093_type12905

Το deal του Παναθηναϊκού με τον Μάρκους Μπεργκ ολοκληρώθηκε θετικά και για τις δύο πλευρές. Ο Σουηδός σταρ θα παραμείνει στη Λεωφόρο μέχρι και το 2019, με αυξημένες αποδοχές.

Οι πάγιες απολαβές του Μπεργκ θα προσεγγίζουν το 1 εκατ. ευρώ. Για την ακρίβεια, σε συνδυασμό με τα μπόνους συμμετοχών και στόχων αναμένεται να φτάνουν το 1,1 εκατ. ευρώ τον πρώτο χρόνο κι από 1,2 εκατ. ευρώ την επόμενη διετία. Ητοι στο σύνολο της τριετίας, έως το καλοκαίρι του 2019, οι απολαβές του Μπεργκ μπορεί να φτάσουν έως και τα 3.5 εκατ. ευρώ!

Οι υπογραφές θα πάνε λίγο πιο πίσω χρονικά, αφού υπάρχει μια σειρά από έγγραφα που πρέπει να προετοιμαστούν μέσα στις επόμενες ημέρες. Με την επιστροφή της ομάδας από το Βίγο την επόμενη Παρασκευή, ο Μπεργκ θα δέσει και τυπικά το μέλλον του με τον Παναθηναϊκό, υπογράφοντας για τα επόμενα τρία χρόνια…

Επίσης η ρήτρα που μπήκε σε περίπτωση μεταγραφής του σε ομάδα του εξωτερικού είναι πολύ δύσκολο να καλυφθεί καθώς αγγίζει περίπου τα 8 εκατ. ευρώ.

Ο Μπεργκ υπέγραψε στον Παναθηναϊκό το καλοκαίρι του 2013 και στην πρώτη του σεζόν πέτυχε 15 γκολ στη Super League. Ένα χρόνο μετά αναδείχθηκε ο καλύτερος ξένος παίκτης του ελληνικού πρωταθλήματος. Το καλοκαίρι του 2015 ανανέωσε το συμβόλαιο του με το «τριφύλλι» για 3 χρόνια (2018), ενώ τον περασμένο Μάρτιο συμπλήρωσε 100 συμμετοχές με την φανέλα του Παναθηναϊκού. Μετράει συνολικά 114 και 70 γκολ.

Edited by Jimmy Prasinos
  • Like it 3

• 2 weeks later...