• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, val said:

All class. Guy has everything. Nuts to think that a club like arsenal have giroud and we have berg.

Marucs preforms the way he does b/c is playing against duds week in/week out... sometimes he gets lucky and showcases brilliance however he often goes missing when he faces stronger competition (at PAO and NT)

Giroud plays against the worlds best week in/week out...  if he played in Greece he would absolutely TEAR the league apart 20-30 goals a season EASILY

2 hours ago, Grkfreezer624 said:

Marucs preforms the way he does b/c is playing against duds week in/week out... sometimes he gets lucky and showcases brilliance however he often goes missing when he faces stronger competition (at PAO and NT)

Giroud plays against the worlds best week in/week out...  if he played in Greece he would absolutely TEAR the league apart 20-30 goals a season EASILY

Well the dutch aren’t exactly duds. One of their defenders is playing for Southampton if I am not mistaken. So it was one game, but I believe this can be the norm if he were playing in a better league.

Comparing the two, it’s apples and oranges. Berg offers so much more, as he can create and score. When we had karelis in the side, berg had a more creative role. Giroud is limited, often a passenger in arsenal’s attacking build up which is why wenger has used alexis up front. Giroud needs better players around him. In Greece, there is no ozil to feed him balls.

^^^^different systems different strategies to each league! how many strikers failed at united or liverpool etc and went off to Spain to be a huge success(aspas is a Liverpool failure yet a Celta vigo star why we are rating them a lot lately ;) )..but the epl is not a good example for defenders lol..look more towards Spain and Italy!...apart from the top 6 the rest are plain in epl and actually i do think berg would do quite well against them with the right system and players around him!...and by the way i watch and live breed the English premier league every day!!!

edit berg did quite well for groningen in the eredivisie too! :)

Edited by Green Man