Phantis Forums

Marcus Berg

Giourkas

• 3 weeks later...

Pana mate the way I see AEK now I haven't seen in many many years and it excites me.

We have players wanting to play for the shirt, a coach who has the right balance and great harmony in the team, a style of football which is great to see and lastly people behind the scenes who are doing right for the club and the fans.

it gives you great hope and the things I am seeing shows us we aren't far off great things and success.

^^Reminiscent of anastasiou's first season. Run and more run, enthusiasm. It's easy when there is no pressure on the side. Once your expectations change, everything changes. Tougher challenges and if you don't deliver the grinia starts like with pao. This is when tigris needs to dig deep and deliver. The pao board is not capable of this.

@Pana97

Yesterday was undoubtably one of the most embarrassing days in Panathinaikos history. This team needs a repo. Unfortunately we don't have a billionaire investor like AEK does. Panathinaikos is a HUGE European club with a rich history, and enormous fan base. Sadly that name is becoming fast forgotten across Europe. All I know is that ALOT needs to change. We're down to a level where Azerbaijan teams are beating us! How hard is it to pick up some Arab investors?! Panathinaikos like AC Milan, Inter, is a big name! I'm becoming embarrassed to say that I am a supporter of Panathinaikos. I don't feel the pride I once felt one I was younger. I'm very put down by this club and the fans have every right to react furiously. Ree who the F*** knew about Kabala before this? Forget Kabala, sooner or later we'll have Gamma Ethniki Kavala beating us too!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else noticed a change in berg? The guy looks out of it at the moment.

What irritates me though, is just like leto and cisse before him , we are over reliant on these guys and assuming they can't bail us out, there is no one else able to step up.

Those players who are good and think can go to a better team aren't motivated playing for a team that's going nowhere!  Marcus is frustrated. I don't blame him if he wants to leave. With Anastasiou & company what is PAO going to do? The club has reached its ceiling and it's the same story for 2.5 years now.

Anastasiou had 2 weeks to prepare for the Panionios match. Ouzounidis read him 100%. Blocked Berg and PAO got 2 chances for goal in 90'  Berg knows football and sees what the coach is doing (or not doing properly).

I don't know what Berg thinks nor do I know what goes on inside the club. But, I played the game and in general I do know success breeds confidence and makes you produce the extra effort, whereas failures are demoralizing and everything & everybody are affected. Hard to find motivation if you have no confidence in the coach, and/or you think the team isn't going anywhere (given the expectations). Then you start saying, let me hold back a bit to protect myself... it's not worth killing myself over this....

It's basic human psychology. 

In a highly competitive game, inches, or fractions of a second make a big difference. How? Well, by running a little harder, putting your foot or you body out to block a shot, fighting for the ball, being motivated.... Now multiply this by 11 players on the pitch and the game takes a very different course.... ;)

Obviously not all goals are preventable, but ... You see how so may goals PAO conceded because one or more PAO players weren't putting 100% of effort. Now, go down by a goal or miss a good chance or don't create chances because of lack of effort, and the game is lost. It's as simple as that.

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...