Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

Observations so far:

The first round was a bluff. I lot of these smaller sides are actually good value. Still lacking in quality but man they have players that can run for long periods. I saw panaitolikos, iraklis and larissa. Hard working sides all of them.

Whilst paok, aek and pao have all strengthened, there are still major concerns. 

I liked what i saw from aek, good ball movement just lacking that final ball all too often.

Paok i haven't seen but without a decent striker it makes life extremely hard.

Then there's Oly look clueless atm. Bento has been around long enough to know that you can't play a heavy target man and a quick but technically inept striker together. They have some better players that didn't feature. Let's hope it takes them a while to sort themselves out.

The first european week demonstrated that greece will not be replacing the dutch anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Akritis_1944 said:

They have 100 wins in Europe.

PAO has 99.

What are each team's win percentages per appearance? Each team's number of qualifications to the next round? Care to share?

For example, In the modern champions league era, PAO has appeared 9 times while Oly has had 17 appearances.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Cup_and_UEFA_Champions_League_records_and_statistics

and you boast about 1 more win?

Edited by Giourkas

Wins in Europe (CL and EL)

PAO: 49(CL) + 40(EL) = 89

Oly: 53(CL) + 33(EL) = 86

https://el.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Πορεία_των_ελληνικών_ομάδων_στα_ευρωπαϊκά_κύπελλα_ποδοσφαίρου

PANATHINAIKOS F.C.
- 1 τελικός Κυπέλλου Πρωταθλητριών-Champions League (1971)
- 1 τελικός Διηπειρωτικού Κυπέλλου (1971)
- 2 ημιτελικοί Κυπέλλου Πρωταθλητριών-Champions League (1985, 1996)
- 2 προημιτελικοί Champions League (1992, 2002)
- 2 προκρίσεις στους 16 του Champions League (2001, 2009)
- 2 προημιτελικοί Κυπέλλου UEFA (1988, 2003)
- 1 πρόκριση στους 16 του Europa League (2010)
- 1 κατάκτηση Βαλκανικού Κυπέλλου ΑΗΤΤΗΤΟΣ (1977)
- 3 φορές πρώτη θέση στους ομίλους του Champions League (1996, 2002, 2009)
- Κορυφαία ομάδα στον κόσμο για τον μήνα Σεπτέμβριο του 2001 σύμφωνα με την IFFHS και την FIFA
- Η μόνη ελληνική ομάδα που έφτασε μέχρι και την 11η θέση στην βαθμολογία της UEFA
- Η μόνη ελληνική ομάδα που προκρίθηκε από 2 φάσεις ομίλων (2002)
- Η μόνη ελληνική ομάδα που έφτασε μέχρι τους 8 και παρά ένα σουτ στους 4 
του Champions League στηριζόμενη σχεδόν αποκλειστικά σε Έλληνες παίκτες 
και παίκτες από την ακαδημία της και όχι σε ακριβοπληρωμένους ξένους 
μισθοφόρους (2002, Νικοπολίδης, Φύσσας, Καραγκούνης, Μπασινάς, 
Λυμπερόπουλος, Σεϊταρίδης, Κυργιάκος)

3 hours ago, Amorgos said:

Lol sorry can't help but chuckle... You wanted to get paid for interviewing your mate? 

What ever status he was at, surprised you expected to be paid

Wait wait wait.... do reporters not get paid for their interviews?? Do we not live in a world that caters to the barter system?

Would his site not get an exclusive interview ahead of a crucial Champion's league clash in the round of 16?  Would his site not benefit from extra traffic and get him on the map further?

I was willing to give him exposure for a pretty minimal fee (I'm not doing it for free, as nothing is free in this world) and he didn't want to compensate me for my time

This was during a time that he was starving for exposure and traffic as well as he was asking all of us to click on banners to keep the site open, etc. etc.

You reap what you sow....

Listen I'm not trying to knock your hustle or anything but is giuseppe charging you for the interview? Im pretty sure he isn't cause I as well have met the guy and he's really nice and does anything for fans. I grew up in the NJ area and have played soccer with a lot of ppl that tried out for teams in europe and were on teams in the mls for a couple seasons. And I'm not going to call or message them trying to extort them for interviews. if you wanted to help out the old greeksoccer site you don't go charging them knowingly they can't financially pay you. But, then again you're a doctor from what i read. So greed is in your blood like all other hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. 

Edited by bkizoulis

12 minutes ago, bkizoulis said:

Listen I'm not trying to knock your hustle or anything but is giuseppe charging you for the interview? Im pretty sure he isn't cause I as well have met the guy and he's really nice and does anything for fans. I grew up in the NJ area and have played soccer with a lot of ppl that tried out for teams in europe and were on teams in the mms for a couple seasons. And I'm not going to call or message them trying to insert them for interviews. if you wanted to help out the old greeksoccer site you don't go charging them knowingly they can't financially pay you. But, then again you're a doctor from what i read. So greed is in your blood like all other hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. 

Greed is in my blood??  You really don't understand medicine do you....  Years of schooling (13 additional years AFTER high school to be exact)... debt of 400k (for college and medical school) and countless hours at the hospital dealing with sick and dying patients and you have the audacity to call me out for being "greedy"

In regards to Giuseppe, your right, the guy is super nice and regularly holds charity events when he's back in Clifton or Paramus (since his family plans on moving)... the interview would help the site grow and gain exposure...  I wasn't asking for a king's ransom.. just for 150 bucks for the interview at a time that I was paying my way through medical school by washing dishes at the local diner

Pardon me for trying to get a few extra bucks to pay for my bills for the month

1 hour ago, jvc said:

Pana97.   You can't go around getting into arguments with members all the time.   Calling someone a clown hiding behind a computer doesn't make you a man.  If I had to guess you have very low self-esteem....That's ok many people have been there at one point.  You need to get out there and gain some confidence.  

Anyway think about what I have mentioned to you....Hopefully you will get it.   

We have a big match tomorrow lets concentrate on that!

:grin:

glasshouse-feb16-13_020615025940.jpg

What are we in middle school? I mean to be honest.... I guess I'm not surprised since I'm willing to bet that you are either in middle school or at the latest high school judging on your latest tirades...

But football is a constantly changing entity... what happens today may not hold true tomorrow.. thats what makes it interesting... If you really want me to dissect my own thought process at the time... sure.. I got sometime before bed time...

1) PAO getting knocked out and me calling it a blessing in disguise

If you remember correctly, the gavro got knocked out of Europe in 2010 (I believe it was) and used that roster (which didnt have much depth in it) to focus on the championship and won the league (also thanks to the controversial Karaiskaki decision) but the reason why they were able to stay in the mix is b/c they focused on SL soley... 

I thought the same may hold true for PAO, but truth is, getting knocked out hurt the team's morale/psyche A LOT more than expected...  Zeca has come out and said they never recovered from that debacle all season which is why we folded... Additionally, I believe our players lost faith in our "inexperienced" coach at the time.. and team imploded drastically.. the season was literally over before it started

2) Team of youngsters maximized

Of course you don't believe a team has met its full potential when a team of youngesters wins you a trophy.. Your HOPING for the players to continue improving and develop a winning mentality... Unfortunately, our players didn't have the tools to get much better and our coach couldn't keep them calm and handle the pressure of dealing with becoming a championship level team

3) Kardia tou prwtathliti

It's called trolling you dufus....  Anyway... carry on..... the more and more you post on here.. the more and more you look like a fool... 

Then you wonder why no one really cared about the forums last year as it was mainly you posting... prolly b/c its rare that you have something of value to discuss

I saw the gavroi play against a fairly crappy apoel side. Man they are a tough watch, even when they are creating chances.

In the first they didn't play too bad as long as marin was combining with fortounis. Marin is great signing for them but doesn't have the stamina. Martins looks a decent distributer of the ball. Their only hope is if these three start balling but bento is yet to put them on all at the same time. 

Seba is a terrible player. If pardo is fit, you don't think twice about replacing him.

Their dm/cm were just as bad as previous seasons when they had samaris.

Difference is they are missing forward runs from mazuaku and elabdellaoui and offcourse chori who made them tick. Those current fullbacks are not of the same quality, whilst their center backs are laughable.

Oh and the turks pulled of a steal with that deal with cardozo.