Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

m#$%! nobody wants you on the team Jens, your a shitty krauthttp://www.sdna.gr/news-english/article/231996/jens-wemmer-refuses-terminate-his-contract-panathinaikos

If you don't want to read the article, he's basically refusing to terminate his contract with us, low key because he knows he sucks and Panathinaikos is a dream for him. So he's just going to waste our wages now...

Someone was very smart though to give him a contact till 2018. He is the one to blame.

Football is known for its destruction of capital. Managers, directors, trainers are like little children. Excited about their new toy (= a new player) for a few weeks and than they want another or better toy and the old one is left for garbage. I see it everywhere. Not only this case at PAO but I mean everywhere. I remember a Dutch guy (Winston Bogarde) playing at Chelsea. He had a contract for 5 years. Earring

^^^

EXACTLY

I don't blame Wemmer AT ALL about his decision to sit at home and collect a paycheck... The BUFFOONS (Vokolos and Fyssa) who brought him here should be flogged for giving him a THREE YEAR closed contract with increasing wages.....  

The player is just looking out for his best interests and job security...  

If someone were to come to you and try to get you out of your contract.. I'm sure you would throw hell to prevent them from revoking your salary/contract.... same thing here..

Fyssa/Vokolo ABSOLUTELY mishandled the team for the 2 seasons they were here....  COMPLETELY ruined any momentum we had from the first year of the rebuilding....

WORST TECHNICAL DIRECTORS EVER!!!  Even worse then Jasminko Velic

We wouldn't have cashed in

The talent was there but his attitude was poor.  When he say Henk favor other strikers above him, he became distanced from the team and was shipped off to OFI.  At OFI, he had a chip on his shoulder and played the games of his life scoring 7 goals in 15 games...  

Given his poor attitude, we shipped him off to Kopenhagen when he was a STAR on their goal-starved front line...  He featured on their team on a regular basis and became a central figure in their domestic/european ventures..

He had a couple great CL performances and thus Kopenhagen were able to cash in 10-15 million for him

If we had sold him, we might have made AT MOST 1-1.5 million off of him...

Reasons include:

1) He was featured as a peripheral squad player on PAO as opposed to a central focus

2) Lack of Euro exposure

3) Marketability of the Greek league vs. Danish League.    Not many players from the Greek League w/ the exception of a few have made a significant impact abroad, whereas the danish market has proven a much better success rate

Now before you talk about Olympiakos selling players... they have CL exposure and the players they sell are mainstays on the NT (whether they deserve it or not).. plus they always manage to make their big sales after good international exposure (Castillo- Copa America; Samaris- WC; Manolas- WC, Toure- African Cup of Nations)

If we were to sell Moledo, don't expect to make more than 4 million off of him... A realistic number is 2-3 million... He's almost 30, carries a history of injuries, and is not even considered on a POOR Brazilian NT...  It would be wise to give the guy a pay raise and keep him here for many years... He's a standout CB 

^^So who was being favored last year? We can't complain our team was not good enough....Is AEK complaining, they received more favorable calls than us, and not more than Olympiakos, PAOK? That being said all 3 finished 30 points behind Olympiakos so officiating was no issue last year, cheap budgets were.

You seriously have to ask that question??

You honestly think that the difference in quality between us/PAOK/AEK and the gavro was 35 points??  

If you really think that... then you are beyond hope.... 

• Like it 1

If panathinaikos doesnt wualify for europa the fans need to chase alataxdodger out of the club.

You cannot have a club like panathinaikos losing to teams like qabala, club brugge and blame the greek economic crisis its not on.

Allos edw....

Qualifying for Europe is no longer as easy as it once was....  its no longer a guarentee as all teams are starting to produce better quality and have better infrastructure whereas the quality of the Greek League (thanks to the ongoing corruption by ALL teams) begins to suffer

And lastly, losing to a team like Brugge is not something to be ashamed of... The Belgian league is LIGHT YEARS ahead of ours... they are the best supermarket league for all the major clubs and leagues... any player who has a decent 1-2 seasons is automatically sold for minimum of 10 million (If Karelis has a good season this year, see him leaving to a decent club in the EPL)

Also, Qabala knocked out Lille who has a strong European history and comes from a much more competitive league than ours....   

People need to realize that this isn't the 1980s.... the competition is much more balanced than it ever was especially in the Europea League (Champions league competition is reserved for 10 clubs)

Edited by Grkfreezer624

Mate start watching polo and give up on life.

Manias is banging in goals in belgium to say the belgium league is lightyears away from the greek league due to the stadiums being in order is not a reasonable comment for me.

They are following the dutch and importanting 12-15 year olds from all over the globe doesnt mean that once they are professionals they stay in belgium.

Maniatis was playing well in belgium.....

Your team has berg, lendesma, ibarbo and gate 13.

No reason not to progress unless the crisis has F***ed with your brain too.

Edited by PAOKSYD

I have to agree with freezer on this, but I think that refereeing is the least of our problems. A bigger problem is how EPO handles fines and sanctions. My main wish this year is for PAO to have no fines, matches without fans and point deductions but we all know what is going to happen and Gate 13 and all PAO fans are part of this problem and I understand that they are provoked many times. Gavroi are weakened this year and will be up to more provoking games than usual. Unfortunately I don't see that ending well again this year. I hope I'm wrong though.

Edited by Triffili04

Mate start watching polo and give up on life.

Manias is banging in goals in belgium to say the belgium league is lightyears away from the greek league due to the stadiums being in order is not a reasonable comment for me.

They are following the dutch and importanting 12-15 year olds from all over the globe doesnt mean that once they are professionals they stay in belgium.

Maniatis was playing well in belgium.....

Your team has berg, lendesma, ibarbo and gate 13.

No reason not to progress unless the crisis has F***ed with your brain too.

Normally, I wouldn't respond to this as there are very few intellectual points to take away from this message but its slow in the office so I'll go ahead....

First off, when you are trying to make a rebuttal to an argument... personal attacks diminish the strength of your argument....

Second, by Manias "banging goals in Belgium" you mean 1 goal.... then I guess everyone who has scored any goal is a superstar.....

Third, a player's performance is not only judged on his own individual abilities but his supporting staff as well.. If the rest of the product is good, then that player will also tend to play better as he will have better service, better coverage, better direction, better support

Hence why some players leave Greece and play much better where teams are better organized... and other players who have set leagues on fire come to Greece and fail to produce b/c the support is lacking

Fourth, their academies are somethign to be admired... they import (not "importanting") talents from all over the world and put them through rigors of becoming a pro footballer... most fail but the select few that actually make it have a good chance to make some sort of impact on the professional scale....  their track record speaks VOLUMES in and of itself...  Just look at the "golden generation" of their national team

Fifth, since your so excited to oust Alafouzo... I hope you have big/deep pockets to pick up the slack....  

• Like it 1

WE LOST TO QUABALA!!!! PAO was miserable last year didn't even win 1 derby....And Olympiakos was waaay better than everyone else last year.

PAO wasn't a great team last year, but by no means was the difference in quality 30+ points behind

And can we stop with Qabala... they actually proved to be a decent team afterall... Tied with us twice.. tied with PAOK twice... knocked Lille out this year...  they aren't a random team of amateurs

If Qabala got paired with the gavro for this stage of Europa... the gavro would be out

• Like it 1