Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

oh s.hit, the 12 year old from california is crying for the mods like a small baby

best of luck to ya, won't be seeing me here again, will go to my 'own' forum like the child asks for.

all the best in the game against us. hope a fair game may the best win boys.

sorry if i offended anyone, wasnt my intention.

cheers bye

Don't let the door hit you on the way out ratboy. Edited by Giourkas
  • Like it 2

The team was built by industrialists and military officers. Even the logo and name were designed and designated by Notis Kamperos. To this day most the fan clubs are related to right wing politics and Olympiacos is the most right wing club in Greece. If you want left wing clubs with banners of Che Guevera and pro-refugee slogans, as Lienen always stated, you look to AEK. Anarchist symbols and anti-police banners - Iraklis. PAO is perhaps the most centrist.

Any links?

The reason I ask was cause the derby between our teams represented a clash in classes. PAO representing the upper class of Athens and Oly representing the working class from the port. This no longer is the case as the classes are represented by both teams in recent times...

Edited by Giourkas

Culture rivalry Edit

The rivalry between the two top Greek clubs can be traced back to some social, cultural and regional differences. Panathinaikos, founded in 1908, comes from the centre of Athens and was considered the classic representative of the high class society of the Greek capital. On the other hand, Olympiacos was founded in 1925 and comes from Piraeus, the port of Athens, thus attracting supporters from the surrounding working class area. Both cities have played a major role in Greek history since classical antiquity; Athens was regarded as the cradle of the ancient Greek civilization, taking advantage of Piraeus' strategical potential and forming a unified region with the latter. During the 20th century, Athens experienced a demographic explosion and territorial expansion coming to enclose all its suburbs, including Piraeus, in a large urban area.

These class differences between the people in the homelands of the two clubs offered further reasons for the animosity between their fans. Olympiacos' early success provided a way for the people of Piraeus to express their contempt for the wealthier classes, by which Panathinaikos was heavily supported. Furthermore, Olympiacos attracted fans from all over Greece who believed themselves to be victims of social and political unfairness. However, this kind of clash was much more pronounced in the past, as the class differences between the fanbases have faded out and the social gap that once separated the two sides has closed over the years. Nowadays, both clubs boast fanbases that represent all the social classes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_of_the_eternal_enemies

I tell you what pana97 if that thread about corruption gets taken away I will never bait any panathinakos fan in here ever again! Because by you guys having that and slateing the owner and my team, I consider that baiting and trolling by you guys too

I tell you what pana97 if that thread about corruption gets taken away I will never bait any panathinakos fan in here ever again! Because by you guys having that and slateing the owner and my team, I consider that baiting and trolling by you guys too

Free 99 yr lease handed for free by the bent government and once it opened it (2004) laws came into play refusing away fans from stadiums preventing anyone destroying karaiskata to prevent the inevitable. Yet beforehand we saw what you fans did pre 2004 in leoforos ripping up gate 11 and throwing 100s of chairs like frisbeez.

They said the law was to prevent crowd violence yet we saw couple yrs ago at oaka was opened to all gates open and kriftoosfp fans dressed in green stroll in to an open stadium inciting and engaging a tear gas warzone all setup by you and the powers that made the game end early and tear gassing us all in the stadium. All so the game would not end.

Laws to suit just you nobody else. Paok stopped issuing away tickets way before this law cane through. You did it cause you know your antipali would gut your gipedo at any chance

Edited by Spirtto13

Karaiskakis Stadium is classified among 28 other ones around Europe as a 5-star football stadium by the UEFA organisation, allowing it to host the UEFA Europa League Final if chosen. It hosts 40 VIP lounges and suites, that can hold up to 472 persons, a press conference hall, that can hold up to 130 seats, 200 seats for press and media coverage, an entire shopping mall, with restaurants, caf?s, retail and clothing stores and a gym.

You don't know! You have never been to Greece man, you dont know how it is, you dont know how football is not how the stadium is YOU DONT KNOW HOW PANATHINAIKOS is you dont know how the real PAO fans are.

I dont have problem with people who have never been to Greece, for sure it is difficult and expensive to come from so far, BUT STOP TALKING LIKE YOU KNOW ANYTHING THEN, CAUSE YOU DONT.

I love the new topic on the Oly forum aek and vazeles friends on a forum hahahahaha po po zilia

Some people are just deluded, just because the fans in Greece kill each other doesn't mean Aek and Pao fans cant talk here about football without fights starting, we don't live in Greece they can hate and kill each other all they want there, here in Sydney the last thing I would want to see is my kid hating or belting an Oly or Pao fan because they do it in Greece, some people are just brain dead bringing hate along with them.......