Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

He's driving us crazy with that garbage player....We need players that will make a difference, get us a championship and into the CL...Maybe you have settled Grkfreezer to finishing between second and fourth? Maybe after watching Bourbos, Klonaridis, Ajagun, Marinakis, you see Masto m#$%! as a upgrade lol.

You are on some crazy pills of some sort.... you were calling him better than half the squad last week.... do we need to pull up your previous posts?

PAO will finish second again , in order for that streak of near misses to end ON the field there has to be a significant increase in quality at a few key positions. Bringing more average to replace other average isn't gong to change anything.

Need genuine quality upgrades at CB, CM and secondary striker in my opinion. Basically The spine of the team. Need to focus on a few acquisitions and throw all your money there. Revolving door of squad players on short terms contracts, Bosmans or has beens isn't going to change much. Just the fact that with such poor managing by Alafpuzos and lack of money that we are still second goes to show how piss poor the quality of this stupid SL has become the past 5 years.

He is better than half the squad....But that's not saying much. We need players to take us to the next level, maybe a championship and CL. Just because he's better than Ajagun, and Klonaridis to name a few, that doesn't mean bring him onboard....So the question I have for you is, would he make a difference in the end, can he deliver a championship, or would we have qualified for Europa this year....In my opinion no, he wouldn't have! So why bring him onboard?

dude you are such a flip-flopper... ur worse than Clinton or a woman on the rag....

Mantzios would be a big help to our squad... he's not a 1st team player but he's a FANTASTIC addition to have on your squad a a great player to throw into a late game to help hold onto the ball, draw fouls... but also be a big threat if your looking for that late goal

Our team wears opponents out b/c we run them off the field... this is why we 'come to life" in the 2nd half of the game

Tossing a Mantzios in the game.. coudl provide that outlet to provide more chances...  his technical ability will frustrate tired players and will thus open game up and become a threat... its no surprise most of Mantzios goals have come in the last 20-30 minutes of the game

• Like it 1

Dimitraki in the government is pretty comical

He may have a solid point... however the way he comes off and presents himself... is just poor.... I feel as though he is giving an interview for Novasports after the gavro got a few favorable calls....

How the hell his father and uncle put him in a position of power is beyond me.....

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/basket/o-dimitris-giannakopoulos-sti-bouli-video/3114861

Ela freeze he playd for Levadiakos if he was so good he would be somewhere bigger. And don't give me the "overlooked talent" excuse. Of he were so good the rest of the forum would be agreeing with you and he would be on the team. He blew his chance when he was younger now he plays for a minnow not much else to say really.

If you had bothered to read the interview you would know

frabz-NONSENSE-Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-For-

Petric got "too many minutes" and thus he's "tired and dead"???   What??!!

And where exactly are these "too many minutes".... the combined 180 minutes he's gotten all season??  What??!   You do understand he's 34 right?  He's not 84....

And yah... I do think Mantzio would fit better than Petric....  first off.. petric is on a high salary... if you get rid of him.. u free some money up... Mantzio is not getting paid that much.. he'd EASILY play for 150-200k.. I'm not even sure he's getting that much at Levadiako

And where exactly did you see petric with "technical ability" and "ability to draw fouls".....  I must have been on the moon the last past 2 years then...   Let's stop making stuff up just to prove a "point"

The fact that you wrote a dissertation up there = butt hurt... lol

I opened up a clear football discussion and some people may disagree with my opinion (completely OK since its a forum full of keyboard warriors)..but I do have a problem when people make s%$#! up to "prove a point"......

Anyway....  management must think we have a problem since they are keen on bringing the irish man over....hmm.... guess Petric cannot be relied upon this season..... hmmm....... :whistle:

ela Freezer are we serious here with the Mantzio talk?

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you are coming from! I adored Mantzio when he played for PAO, so much that I have a pao top with Mantzio on the back.

No one will forget his talent, ability to hold the ball up and the great goals he buried for us in the CL.

I do cater somewhat of a soft spot for him too, however, we all rant and rave that, this player isn't 'pao quality' and why are we wasting money on players like this...yet u want a washed up Mantzio at this time...

I guess we all have different visions for our beloved club PAO, and it is for this reason as to why we all clash with opinions (not to say it's a bad thing, always love a good footballing discussion)

However, I really don't believe Mantzio is what we want at this time...I could be totally wrong.

I can't sit here and say I've followed his track record as of late, but I believe that if you're at levadiako then your career seemed to have catapulted in the complete opposite direction of where it could potentially have gone.

Oh and btw, il still never forgive him for that miss against Larisa in the cup final!

I'm not saying that we should have Mantzio as our star attacker... far from it...  but do I think he could provide a nice outlet as a bench player?  Absolutely... this team is built for a player like Mantzio to come on the 60th or70th minute and harrass defenders and open up alleys for our fwds and midfielders

He gave a BEAUTIFUL, CANDID and brutally HONEST interview about a week ago where we talked about his career...  how he regrets not making more of the opportunities given to him...how he has come to become more mature and smart about his career as time goes on

Right now.. he's found a perfect balance at Levadiako and is playing to the peak of his abilities (given his age)... he's scored 5 goals and given a couple assists as well and played valiantly against Olympiakos... this is a reborn and more mature Mantzio

The same Mantzio that Anastasiou had TALKS over the summer with and wanted him on the team.... management didn't pursue him due to fear of blacklash from the fans

Regardless... Mantzio is having a good season at Levadiako and those who know a bit about the game and know the basics and fundamentals on how our team is run... knows that Mantzio could provide an avenue of support for our team

Again, I'm not saying that he should be starting material and kicking out Kareli/Berg from our team.. however having a veteran Greek player on a side that greatly benefits from his playing style is a no-brainer (instead of a Croatian that hasn't really cemented his spot in his entire tenure that he's been here and is on a hefty contract).. at least for me

I'm not saying that we should have Mantzio as our star attacker... far from it... but do I think he could provide a nice outlet as a bench player? Absolutely... this team is built for a player like Mantzio to come on the 60th or70th minute and harrass defenders and open up alleys for our fwds and midfielders

He gave a BEAUTIFUL, CANDID and brutally HONEST interview about a week ago where we talked about his career... how he regrets not making more of the opportunities given to him...how he has come to become more mature and smart about his career as time goes on

Right now.. he's found a perfect balance at Levadiako and is playing to the peak of his abilities (given his age)... he's scored 5 goals and given a couple assists as well and played valiantly against Olympiakos... this is a reborn and more mature Mantzio

The same Mantzio that Anastasiou had TALKS over the summer with and wanted him on the team.... management didn't pursue him due to fear of blacklash from the fans

Regardless... Mantzio is having a good season at Levadiako and those who know a bit about the game and know the basics and fundamentals on how our team is run... knows that Mantzio could provide an avenue of support for our team

Again, I'm not saying that he should be starting material and kicking out Kareli/Berg from our team.. however having a veteran Greek player on a side that greatly benefits from his playing style is a no-brainer (instead of a Croatian that hasn't really cemented his spot in his entire tenure that he's been here and is on a hefty contract).. at least for me

It really is a shame he matured so late. As I said before, I really was a true fan of him when he played for PAO, and it almost saddened me to see him deminish.

I do agree with you in regards to pranjic...I'd probably much prefer Mantzio over pranjic. The one good thing about Mantzio is that he has played in the SL for longer than pranjic and knows the game moreso.

I just don't think it's a realistic move that will occur

Finally... some people who can actually talk football

JVC, you bring up a good point as its' completley different playing for a side like levadiakos compared to a side like PAO, however you bring up the point of battling against 2-3 defenders

Mantzio has done this ALL his career... he's done it at Panionios,... he's done it at PAO.. he's done it in the Champion's League

He does WELL when defended against in numbers....  his technical ability allows him to hold the ball as this frees space up for others....  

It's pretty much how he provides assists for Levadiakos and why he's done so well there.... the man makes space and opportunities for himself...  If only he'd develop this mindset and maturity earlier in his career when his body was more responsive....

He woudl have been able to do special tings

Go to the Arsenal academy. A random 4-5 year college degree in the US will give you nothing but frustration and debt unless ofcourse you are very smart or connected.

Sorry to ask but being invited to an Arsenal academy I think you need to be younger than 19 or so , right ? Basically go to any football team academy, follow your dream and have fun and if you fail at soccer then you can always go back to school , never to late for that.

What's this fixation about Mantzios anyway, how randomly bizarre obsession over a bum average pro footballer that must be.

• Like it 1

Pana97

Be very careful with these 'academies'

Just talking from experience and what I've seen throughout the bullshit that occurs in melbourne. It generally seems to be more of a money making scandal rather than a realistic opportunity to exploit your footballing career.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting your ability.

But I've seen Roma academies, Juve academies, Genova academies here in melbourne and it basically provided nothing but a tour of Europe with some training sessions, at an expensive price tag.