Phantis Forums

Panathinaiko Kafenio

Guest PastMember

We need to be fair here.

Olympiakos played exceptionally well last night. More tactically aware , defended deep with focus and got a little lucky with some goals but they deserved the win. No question about that.

Arsenal have been inconsistent the last two months and they could of lost yesterday to a multitude of European opponents but so what? OLY was there and they are the ones that got the three points. In CL round one , Dynamo Zagreb also beat this Arsenal.

Now to all this anti EPL stuff that I read periodically from certain complexed Greeks , my advice is just drop it. It's the most watched league in the World for a reason. It's the most honestly played , most competitive and unpredictable of all leagues anywhere in Europe . Any of the top 4 teams that are in the CL this year and struggling play every single league match on any weekend with fear that they can go and lose to any opponent , even the one in last place.

English teams can't take days off before CL matches. Arsenal had Leicester away ( who was undefeated up to that point and have Manchester United the following weekend while the OLY match was sandwiched in between )

Manchester City fielded last week at Tottenham the most expensive starting XI ever assembled by an English team yet they lost 4-1 , a week earlier they lost 3-0 at home to West Ham. They probably will win the title at the end but they look lie shot in the CL.

Bayern Munich, PSG and either Barca or Real will dominate their domestic leagues and will pull away from the rest of the pack. That doesn't happen in the EPL.

• Like it 3

Can you guys believe that PAO is still paying Seitaridis?

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/805391/akomi-hrosta-ston-gioyrka-o-panathinaikos

He last played for us in 2013! He is still owed 500K!!!!! The club will pay him in payments until 2019!!!!

Wtf?!??

How many more is this the case for?!? Leto? Cisse? Eki?? No wonder the club is burdened and isn't exactly attracting investors...

Tzigger's kobina is the gift that keeps giving...

Can you guys believe that PAO is still paying Seitaridis?

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/805391/akomi-hrosta-ston-gioyrka-o-panathinaikos

He last played for us in 2013! He is still owed 500K!!!!! The club will pay him in payments until 2019!!!!

Wtf?!??

How many more is this the case for?!? Leto? Cisse? Eki?? No wonder the club is burdened and isn't exactly attracting investors...

Tzigger's kobina is the gift that keeps giving...

On a related note, did you read the article that Racing still owes PAO like 80k for the Nasief Morris deal?

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/article/809315/ehoyme-kanei-diakanonismo-me-ton-panathinaiko

Edited by paoboston
  • Like it 1

^yessir! Another revolting development...

@Pana97: let them get excited. That was their biggest away win in CL... Vs a cripple Arsenal squad in the group stage. :lol:

When they actually win an away game in a Semi final vs the undefeated at home defending champ (Ajax), then I will give props. Maybe I'm being to harsh on them... When they beat a Mourinho coached team away 0-1 (Inter) and trash a German club (Werder) 0-3 to outright win a group! Oh hell, how about they just win an away match vs a competition winner (Porto)?

What made me laugh yesterday was listening to the dumb commentators make stupid claims like Roberto being the best keeper to ever come to Greece! What? I mean sure he's great and he did make great saves in the second half but man, he also was the direct cause of 1 goal conceded! when talking about the best foreign keeper to come to Greece, only 1 name should be mentioned: Wandzig.

"The mountain" was a colossus that had a commanding presence in the box. He was a master at defending corners, shot blocking, a penalty saving machine.. And he did it for years.. And you have gavroulia fan-boy commentators making stupid claims about Roberto... Sad really.

Edited by Giourkas

As for Dimitraki, didn't he say that PAO owed 50ish Million when he looked into PAO FC's numbers (in 2013?) When he was considering injecting cash in the club...? If so, how are we doing now? Are we to believe that the club is close to paying off this debt as Alafouzos has implied despite reading the news on old player contracts? Despite not getting any Euro money?

I hope Tzigger isn't running s%$#! from the shadows...

15 million long, or short term debt is not the end of he world. Marinakis, Tigger, Dimitris have cut the pie 3 ways. Who is going to come in to put money without getting blasted through their media with propaganda or not doing business with either one of them.

"GLASTRA proedros"  was Ginnakopoulo's newspaper cover when Pateras was the president. They have been a lot more covers since then and every time they is a suspicion that Pateras is helping the team one way or another

The last 2 years PAO drew teams that could easily have beaten and advance to the CL or at least the Europa.  I mean what teams do they expect to draw? But, this team has shrunk is any measurable way.  Tzigger was the worst owner ever for PAO. Especially because he had the means ($$) and also didn't protect the team. Never before PAO got so few titles in a couple decades.

As for Pateras and his buddies, they were big mouths and had lots of incompent people around them. OK, the brought Sisse and got us success for one year....They spent tens of millions of $ and the team had nothing to show for after a year..... They left the team with big contract players and the debts followed. When PAO was like AEK none of those big shots came to the club's rescue. If it weren't for Alafouzos and the fans PAO would have fallen to 3 division or worse.

We need to be fair here.

Olympiakos played exceptionally well last night. More tactically aware , defended deep with focus and got a little lucky with some goals but they deserved the win. No question about that.

Arsenal have been inconsistent the last two months and they could of lost yesterday to a multitude of European opponents but so what? OLY was there and they are the ones that got the three points. In CL round one , Dynamo Zagreb also beat this Arsenal.

Now to all this anti EPL stuff that I read periodically from certain complexed Greeks , my advice is just drop it. It's the most watched league in the World for a ###### reason. It's the most honestly played , most competitive and unpredictable of all leagues anywhere in Europe . Any of the top 4 teams that are in the CL this year and struggling play every single league match on any weekend with fear that they can go and lose to any opponent , even the one in last place.

English teams can't take days off before CL matches. Arsenal had Leicester away ( who was undefeated up to that point and have Manchester United the following weekend while the OLY match was sandwiched in between )

Manchester City fielded last week at Tottenham the most expensive starting XI ever assembled by an English team yet they lost 4-1 , a week earlier they lost 3-0 at home to West Ham. They probably will win the title at the end but they look lie shot in the CL.

Bayern Munich, PSG and either Barca or Real will dominate their domestic leagues and will pull away from the rest of the pack. That doesn't happen in the EPL.

BRAVO!!!

All this bullshit about "Greek hating".... is exactly that... BULLSHIT...

The gavro did well and should be congratulated on a win.... although like I said before...  Arsenal is a "soft" English side... no bite to their bark...  Great players, and rely on their skill/technique, but just don't have that killer instinct

A team that takes it to them has a good chance at winning

As for the other English sides... they are built on toughness and would STEAMROLL ANY GREEK SIDE.... even if you pick the top 11 players from the league on a team.. they would still steam roll them

• Like it 1

As for Dimitraki, didn't he say that PAO owed 50ish Million when he looked into PAO FC's numbers (in 2013?) When he was considering injecting cash in the club...? If so, how are we doing now? Are we to believe that the club is close to paying off this debt as Alafouzos has implied despite reading the news on old player contracts? Despite not getting any Euro money?

I hope Tzigger isn't running s%$#! from the shadows...

Let's think rationally for a min, How is it that alafouzos can take out a loan from any bank during these tough times? It makes more sense to believe that he has another source. Pateras or perhaps the family? I don't know.

Has the family really left? If not then they are still the majority holders are they not?

One thing is for sure, the longer this goes on, the more the fans will sway towards tzigger, asking for his return. Because now that people are experiencing what alafouzos reign has to offer, they are willing to go back to the tzigger years.

• Like it 1

^yessir! Another revolting development...

@Pana97: let them get excited. That was their biggest away win in CL... Vs a cripple Arsenal squad in the group stage. :lol:

When they actually win an away game in a Semi final vs the undefeated at home defending champ (Ajax), then I will give props. Maybe I'm being to harsh on them... When they beat a Mourinho coached team away 0-1 (Inter) and trash a German club (Werder) 0-3 to outright win a group! Oh hell, how about they just win an away match vs a competition winner (Porto)?

What made me laugh yesterday was listening to the dumb commentators make stupid claims like Roberto being the best keeper to ever come to Greece! What? I mean sure he's great and he did make great saves in the second half but man, he also was the direct cause of 1 goal conceded! when talking about the best foreign keeper to come to Greece, only 1 name should be mentioned: Wandzig.

"The mountain" was a colossus that had a commanding presence in the box. He was a master at defending corners, shot blocking, a penalty saving machine.. And he did it for years.. And you have gavroulia fan-boy commentators making stupid claims about Roberto... Sad really.