Phantis Forums

Andreas Samaris ‒ Free Agent

js1000

• 2 months later...

Benfica will make money of this guy, thats what they do, they will sell him. If he stays a regular any team in the world first looking at players from Portugese clubs.

they paid 10 million for him.....he turns 27 before the next season.....there's not much margin in that formula to make money from a player that we really don't know if he is a no.6 or no.8?

^ re did you watch the past 2 games. he was the only offensive threat greece had :P

Samaris looks like he's in a class of his own compared to the rest of the Greek midfield.

he glides with the ball and sets up plays from the back thinking 3-4 steps ahead

Edited by georgelaz

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

as a cdm, it's sometimes wise to make ambitious tackles before the opponent gets deep into the box. Thus preventing dangerous freekicks, penalties, outnumbered defense etc.

Samaris rarely if ever gets double carded, so his cards are a tactical, rather then disciplinary issue.

Samaris made it into the UCL team of the week. I don't know if its a good thing for Greece that he's playing CB, rather than CDM. Since Greece already has the CB spot sorted for Sokratis/Manolas/KPapa. But its nice to know that he can play there.

Lets wait and see who Benfica get in the next round.

CdQ7kmUUMAAQDEF.jpg

• Like it 2

he was a madeshift cb because benfica had some injuries and suspensions , i believe they played with half a b team and still won away against zenit. apart from that he always plays as dm. he played a great match , mitro didnt had a good match but only had 1 chance i believe , he and jonas were subbed , mitro in the 66th minute or so.

• Like it 1

the fact he played well at CD is great for greece NT...In the sense that I have had doubts on his defensive capabilities at a high level.

we know he has great vision and can be good going forward....he now knows how to track back properly and close down...

perfect for the no.6 role...I think this is our greatest weakness......

if he can nail this.....

It allows Taxi, Fortounis, Mandalos  to be more creative.

*crosses fingers in hopes that he gets an in-form card in Fifa 16

he's already an 80 so that would monstrous. Manolas is currently an 84. So nice.

Both these guys have world class auras to them.

Edited by georgelaz

• Argy changed the title to Andreas Samaris ‒ S.L. Benfica
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Andreas Samaris ‒ Free Agent