Phantis Forums

Kostas Mitroglou ‒ (now playing for Aris)

js1000

It won't come at Marseille. It just seems like this isn't the right environment for him to thrive. It doesn't help that OM is having a bad season. I hope I am mistaken and he turns his season around, but I can see him on loan at Olympiacos as soon as January, or a permanent move in the summer. 

• 1 month later...

THE MITROGLOU PROBLEM? DROGBA EXPLAINS

MitroglouASF.JPG

(translation to english by google chrome)

Didier Drogba played one season in Marseille (2003/04) and continues to follow the club's current situation. One of the hot topics is Kostas Mitroglou, a forward who has not been able to make his mark since joining Rudi Garcia's team from Benfica. "It's the same as Lukaku or Morata. They are advanced without confidence, but they are true scorers. You can say whatever you want, but I know what I'm talking about. I have seen Mitroglou play and he is a true scorer. Trust is very important to an advanced. When we do not have confidence, everything changes, "the Ivorian told the MRC.

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...
  • Argy changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ Galatasaray SK
28 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

Benfica was his sweet spot. Team/league. Turkish league is a bit more competitive then Greek league. So it's a good move. I predict he'll destroy the Turkish League.

Same here but in my opinion nothing compared to the form he had just before his move to Fulham. At that time he was scoring nearly week in and week out and scored a harrick in champions league for Olympiakos, the guy was on fire. 

His time at Benfica was really good but in my opinion he was at his best with Olympiakos in 2013.

Edited by Dean97

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mitroglou just needs to stay injury free & then the goals will come. He seems to pickup an injury after every 5 to 10 matches. Just when he is about to pick up momentum is back on the bench recovering or returning from injury. He didn’t get a real chance to show his value at Galatasaray. If not back at Olympiacos he would be a gun at Glasgow Celtic. I reckon 40 goals a season in the SPL

• Argy changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ Galatasaray (on loan from Marseille until June 30, 2020)
  • 1 month later...
  • Argy changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ PSV Eindhoven (on loan from Marseille until June 30, 2020)
  • 3 months later...
  • Argy changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ Olympique de Marseille
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ (now playing for Aris)
  • Tzatziki locked this topic