Phantis Forums

Kostas Mitroglou ‒ (now playing for Aris)

js1000

Im very excited for Benfica's match with Bayern today. Mitroglou and Samaris can make a big impression. I would be keen for them to stay put at Benfica. They seem to have so much fun playing with those guys. Benfica has such an energy to them on the pitch. They really seem to get along.

• Like it 1

Mitro had 2 chances to put them at the back of the net but his shooting muscle mechanics failed him.

Similar to the flop shot he had via the Torosidis cross that he fumbled against Montenegro.

He needs to work on his brain to leg shooting mechanics from fast crosses.

Samaris didn't start but looked solid to keep Bayern from getting a 2nd goal.

It'll be tough without Jonas (two yellow card game suspension) to get a win in Portugal, but not a crazy idea. Hopefully Benfica can pull off a shocker.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

It was a very exciting stretch to open the 2nd half, between Jonas' chance and Mitroglou's whiffed chance. I like the spirit of the Estadio de Luz, and think the fans can motivate Mitroglou or Jimenez to put one in the back of the net to send it to ET and penalties. The defense should have gained some confidence that they can bring back home. That might be the most realistic chance Benfica has.

I'm quickly becoming a fan. 

• Like it 1

Samaris came on 90th minute, but made a timely defensive play in his short stint.

Mitroglou had some flashes, but was well isolated by the Bayern defense through the most part.

• Like it 1

benfica missed their 3 best attacking players. jonas suspended and mitroglou and gaitan injured. they missed them big time. but apart from that benfica didnt really play well. match ended in 2-2 and 3-2 aggregate for bayern. i dont get why samaris isnt playing , he seems to have lost his spot to fejsa wich i dont understand.

i dont get why samaris isnt playing , he seems to have lost his spot to fejsa wich i dont understand.

fejsa only started the bayern munich games probably because hes a more physical, and defensive player... benfica had to try and find someway to slow them down and it actually worked out pretty good

oh and by the way, mitroglou is in crazy form this year, playing for one of the biggest teams in europe

Edited by paxiotis7

• 2 weeks later...

reports say that mitro rejects arsenal and that he wants to stay with benfica. still funny that the english still call him fulham flop and that he was the flop but it was more fulham itself who was flop. they are so ignorant and anoying on that subject.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/arsenal-transfer-news/69162/arsenal-transfer-news-theo-walcott-heads-for-the-exit

http://www.allarsenal.com/2016/04/arsenalrumours/good-news-following-arsenal-approach-for-free-scoring-striker

• 3 weeks later...

This was probably his last shot to make a name for himself abroad before settling for a lower tier league/club or returning to Greece. Huge boost to his career signing a permanent deal with an arguably world class club.

Edited by Argy

• 2 months later...
  • Argy changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ Olympique de Marseille
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ (now playing for Aris)
  • Tzatziki pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Tzatziki locked this topic