Phantis Forums

Kostas Mitroglou ‒ (now playing for Aris)

js1000

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

he's our best striker by a long shot and will be for the next 3-5 years so gotta make this work to his style. (unless there's surprises)

he works best with good creators, so fortounis, mantalos, ninis, pelkas are all super important for him.

Samaras was a striker who could create something out of nothing because he was a striker/midfielder.

Mitroglou is a more gifted pure striker but needs a good midfielder to be effective.

It's good that he's showing frustration (which I was confident all along that he cares for the ethniki) but he should reserve that energy for the next play rather than trying to prove himself to the fans that he cares. The greek media has been on his ass though, so it might've been a wise move on his part

^ ya mitroglou cracked open the score in the 6th minute for benfica in the derby cup game against sporting.

sporting one it extra time 112 minute (2-1 final)

http://sportyhighlights.com/sporting-cp-vs-benfica-2-1-highlights/

Mitroglou & Samaris celebrating the goal together with other Benfica players too

Edited by georgelaz

benfica beat braga 2-0 away yesterday. i saw the highlights-  despite not scoring, mitro played well...he was drawing fouls, had chances, and showed lots of strength and skill to set up benfica's opening goal (although he was not credited with an assist for some reason)...he did a nice backheel pass to set up the first goal

• 2 weeks later...

^ all the more proof that it's our midfield that needs work.

Before, we mainly relied on Samaras, who's a quasi Striker / Midfielder that can create chances from nothing.

Mitroglou is a overall better striker, but needs attacking mids to be effective, which Benfica has and Greece does too (but barely played in proper combos)

• Like it 1

Like who. Who is talented like Mitroglou. He might a lazy player but he is the most effective player we have at the moment. Klaus I don't think we should play. The only player that comes to mind is Karelis. But Mitroglou is our best, meaning as in strikers for Greece.

• Like it 2

Mitroglou with a midfield Fortounis, Tachtsidis, Pelkas, Ninis/Mantalos will score probably every other game.

Not playing Mitroglou is like saying you don't want to use a shotgun because it doesn't come with ammo. The attacking mids are the ammo.

He's not pistolero for nothing.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

I'm a big fan of Mitroglou so it'll take a lot to convince me that any other of our strikers are better.

We should have started Velios in the Luxenbourg game. That was a mistake.

Mitroglou should've score a goal or two against Costa Rica. Navas was in god mode. The saves were a matter of inches and I think many people would be vouching for Mitro had he buried them.

Also, no one really scored for Greece the past 2 years. So that crumbles that point lol. But yo, I like your posts GrkCdn. You're often contrarian, and you say your piece and make good points, regardless if it gets people worked up.

Min ksexnate, oli eimaste ellines edw ;)

Edited by georgelaz

Club form and NT form are two different things. NT selection is chosen by club form and at the moment he is our best striker playing in a top league. There are very few friendly matches and you need to win qualifying matches, that's when you need an inform striker you. He is no where near the form he was in 2013 but is slowly getting back to that form. Vellios should be the back up for Mitroglou and not Klaus.

Yeah he needs to stay in Southern Europe. Greece, Portugal, Italy, France, Spain is where he would prosper IMO.

Makria apo England, Russia, Germany (debatable).

I can see him doing really well in Italy where he would tower over most defenders.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems Mitroglou is no longer a starter at Benfica and lost his position to Raul Jimenez. Watched the last few games where he sat on the bench.

I'm confident he'll still play a good share of games remaining. Benfica prefers playing with two strikers, and him and Jonas work great together.

I think he's just trying to instill some fear in him so he wakes up.

also Benfica is the highest scoring team in the Primeira Liga right now. Only 3rd with a game in hand to grab 2nd though.

Edited by georgelaz

Seems Mitroglou is no longer a starter at Benfica and lost his position to Raul Jimenez. Watched the last few games where he sat on the bench.

i think the same count's for samaris , losing his spot to fejsa. benfica is playing at the moment and both mitro and samaris are on the bench. benfica is up  0-1 against cd nacianal and jonas scored the goal..

• Argy changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ Olympique de Marseille
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kostas Mitroglou ‒ (now playing for Aris)
  • Tzatziki pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Tzatziki locked this topic