Phantis Forums

Turkish teams in the Uefa Cup

Genclerbirligi is one of the best of the Anatolian teams and they have a very good coach(Ersun Yanal) so yes, i think they have a good chance against Blackburn.

They've made a bad start to the Turkish League though but they are still a good team that can handle Blackburn...

Genclerbirligi lost their best players from last season...Okan Koc and Ahmed Hassan to Besiktas...it will difficult but not impossible!

Trabzonspor has a big chance to advance and so does Gaziantepspor. Malatyaspor has a chance against Basel too..

All and all i think it was a good draw!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You forgot to mention Malatya's gallant effort. They won 0-2 away and took the game into extra time. Shame they couldn't prevent Basle's winner in the 95th minute...

Trabzon were very disapointing and seemed to have forgotten that they were playing a UEFA match. They remembered after they went 0-2 down :rolleyes:

I saw only the result .....of Malatyaspor and I was really surprised..... It would have been fun , it they could eliminate FC Basle... they were so sure about themselves....

On an other game ...I give you a statistic..... of FC Blackburn.......... : In their whole European history...the FC Blackburn till now....won only one game...once against Trondheim Rosenborg....

Is Petrovic ...or what is his name.....still the Goalkeeper of Trabzonspor ?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived