Phantis Forums

Austria V Greece 14/8/13

js1000

upcoming friendly against Austria the squad is as follows.

Karnezis(Granada) sifakis(Atromitos); Papastathopoulos(Borussia Dortmund) Manolas(Olympiakos) Vyntra(Levante) Holebas(Olympiakos) Spyropoulos(PAOK) Torosidis(Roma) Siovas(Olympiakos) Fytanidis(Atromitos); Katsouranis(PAOK) Tziolis(PAOK) Maniatis(Olympiakos) Ninis(Parma) Tachtsidis(Catania) Kone(Bologna) Fortounis(Kaiserslautern) Fetfatzidis(Olympiakos) Christodoulopoulos(Bologna) Dimoutsos(Atromitos); Mitroglou(Olympiakos) Athanasiadis(PAOK)

Bizarre squad selection i'm becoming disillusioned with Santos, Juri Lodigin has been outstanding for Zenit so far this season, cannot see any reason to omit him, perhaps we're waiting for Russia to have him. no Karagounis no Gekas and bizarrely only 2 forwards.

any thoughts?

I went to Windsor Park to catch N. Ireland v Russia so I missed the Greece game.

From what I saw from highlights, etc., Greece were poor in the first half but scored on a world-class pass by Katsouranis to Mitroglou.

We also scored in the 2nd half, hit the woodwork twice and, in general, deserved to win.

Btw, that long pass by Katsou to Mitroglou reminded me of Maradona's pass to Canigia in Italia 90 (Argentina - Brazil).

Archived