Phantis Forums

Tv Cosmo

The power of Google! A quick search reveals that the website was registered by a "Dreshaj, Benjamin" in 2011. Upon googling, this person along with a Lionel Dreshaj appear to be the owners/CEO of a compny called FTAMarket Inc, which has now become Setplex LLC from what I understand. It appears they have launched similar ethnic IPTV platforms for Spanish, Albanian, Balkan, Arabic, Italian, Caribbean. It looks like Greek is their next step with this new TV Cosmo... www.setplex.com/clients.html

Of course they also don't list a full channel line up for TV Cosmo... (Who do they remind me of....) I especially love this quote from their site "TV Cosmo is the 1st company to offer 30+ Greek TV Stations through IPTV for the Greek community in the United States & Canada."  On a more serious note though, they claim that they will also offer Catch-up tv, something Ellas TV has also been promising and has yet to deliver from what I understand. I have no clue how the two companies compare, but TV Cosmo's "Premium package" of 40+ channels is half the price of Ellas TV's premium 40+ channel package.

Also by the way it appears there was already a lawsuit against them by Tring TV (which appears to be an Albanian TV platform) in 2011 and now a new one this year against them by some Intercom Ventures LLC...... :box:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello everybody

I have tv cosmo for a couple of months now...At the beginning there were some issues with the service but now i must admit that they fixed most of them.

What i like a lot is the catch up tv that records the last 7 days of every channel as i usually work until late.

They have around 300 movies from the old and modern greek cinema and around 100 cartoon movies and few documentaries.

Unfortunately they dont have a program guide but they say they are working on that,

The hardwired box i have costed $100, i think the wireless is $160.

The customer service is very friendly and always eager to help you.

I am satisfied so far and  i hope they are going to be around for a while.

My opinion is that all these non-legit services (Ellas TV,TV Cosmo etc) are going to be shut down eventually.

The channels i am getting for $40 are the following

1)

My opinion is that all these non-legit services (Ellas TV,TV Cosmo etc) are going to be shut down eventually.

BeingDigital,

All of the channels you have listed are Greek stations that are available over the air across Greece (Including Deutsche Welle).  This service appears to be quite different from Ellas TV so I don't see why it would shut down?!  Ellas TV is definitely not legit IMO as they carry almost ALL channels offered by both NOVA & OTE Sat- there is no way they have approval from either company to do this, let alone from the broadcasters. 

Personally I don't see the appeal of either of these services that offer channels intended for another market (domestic market in Greece) and come with a 7 hour time difference?!  The only ones I could see as having some appeal to the omogenia are the various regional stations as most folks like to know what is going on in the region of Greece that they came from.  There is a reason that ANT1, MEGA, ERT & Alpha have created international versions of their stations, the omogenia have different tastes and interests then those who live in Greece.  To each his own I guess, but I am happy with ANT1 Satellite, MEGA Cosmos, ERT World & Alpha Sat.

Goodmorning to all.

I definitely hope they are legit. I noticed that www.titantelevision.tv mentions them as one of their partners.

Titaltelevision is the exclusive distributor of the sattelite greek channels for north america.

Let me tell you a little secret. I work for Dishnetwork and customers are not satisfied with what they are getting.

I can't really understand why the sattelite version of greek channels show stuff that were airing 20 years ago in Greece..

Anyway i am pretty satisfied with what i have right now plus i have dishnetwork for free :D .

I can't really understand why the sattelite version of greek channels show stuff that were airing 20 years ago in Greece..

They are airing popular series from their library of shows to help fill out their schedule, what is wrong with that?!  They do not have the money to create tons of new shows so they are forced to reair old TV series, its better than the Turkish crap that they air in Greece- at least IMO.  Both Antenna Satellite & MEGA Cosmos air all the current and new shows that the channels in Greece air except for any foreign shpws.  ANT1 even airs some shows from their station in Cyprus- what are they not airing that you would like to see?!

BeingDigital,

All of the channels you have listed are Greek stations that are available over the air across Greece (Including Deutsche Welle).  This service appears to be quite different from Ellas TV so I don't see why it would shut down?!  Ellas TV is definitely not legit IMO as they carry almost ALL channels offered by both NOVA & OTE Sat- there is no way they have approval from either company to do this, let alone from the broadcasters. 

Personally I don't see the appeal of either of these services that offer channels intended for another market (domestic market in Greece) and come with a 7 hour time difference?!  The only ones I could see as having some appeal to the omogenia are the various regional stations as most folks like to know what is going on in the region of Greece that they came from.  There is a reason that ANT1, MEGA, ERT & Alpha have created international versions of their stations, the omogenia have different tastes and interests then those who live in Greece.  To each his own I guess, but I am happy with ANT1 Satellite, MEGA Cosmos, ERT World & Alpha Sat.

I paid $48 to dishnetwork for Ert, Alpha, Antenna, and Mega.  I pay $50 and get all these channels plus a ton more.  Don't forget that they even have the international versions of these channels on the service.  I'm willing to bet there is some dealing going on with NOVA and OTE.  Someone is getting some monthly money from these people for these channels.  

If you mean that somebody is getting money to keep their mouth shut..then yes that might be true.

The only ones that can shut down these services are american broadcasting companies...e.g TBS for showing "Friends" with greek subtitles or Fox Soccer for showing Champions League games.

Nova and Ote doesnt really care actually is extra money for them anyways because these companies must use one receiver for every channel they broadcast.

On the other hand american companies don't really want to spend money and time in lawsuits for a market share of 1000 people.

I'm guessing people at OTE and Nova know whats up and they aren't losing any money because people outside of Greece can't subscribe so they enjoy the extra revenue.  They might get $10 per subscriber per month but its better than nothing and this service doesn't cost the company extra money.  

I don't realy think they are getting anything..

Nova Sports is a multinational giant and Ote Tv is mostly german now and they would never risk their reputation for $50,000-$100,000 a month (lets suppose that ellas tv has 5000 members) .

Believe me we are doing round tables at Dish and we explain to the managers that there are all these pirate services and they don't give a damn. Specially since DishWorld (IPTV platform of Dish doesn't include greek language).

Hello everybody

I have tv cosmo for a couple of months now...At the beginning there were some issues with the service but now i must admit that they fixed most of them.

What i like a lot is the catch up tv that records the last 7 days of every channel as i usually work until late.

They have around 300 movies from the old and modern greek cinema and around 100 cartoon movies and few documentaries.

Unfortunately they dont have a program guide but they say they are working on that,

The hardwired box i have costed $100, i think the wireless is $160.

The customer service is very friendly and always eager to help you.

I am satisfied so far and  i hope they are going to be around for a while.

The channels i am getting for $40 are the following

1)

Goodmorning to all.

I definitely hope they are legit. I noticed that www.titantelevision.tv mentions them as one of their partners.

Titaltelevision is the exclusive distributor of the sattelite greek channels for north america.

Let me tell you a little secret. I work for Dishnetwork and customers are not satisfied with what they are getting.

Anyway i am pretty satisfied with what i have right now plus i have dishnetwork for free :D .

So you have both Cosmo and Dish greek package? Customers are not satisfied paying $40 plus for just 3-4 channels and like you said the satellite version of Greek channels is nothing compared to the shows the same channels air in Greece.

Most of the regional channels have decent picture..i think that some are transmitting through internet and the rest they get them through off the air antennas from Greece. Personally i like the regional channels because they have interesting documentaries when its after midnight in Greece and evening here.

Archived