Phantis Forums

Dreaming In Green...

Kali mera :)

Dreaming in Green...

As an Panathinaikos Fan you'll know what it's like to  "dream in green".  My team is Hibernian from Scotland (we played AEK a few years back with the great Franck Sauzee). You'll know we are in the select few who play in green and white.
Today Hibernian stand on the brink of history in our quest for "the holy grail" - The Scottish Cup.
We have not won the Scottish Cup since 1902. If we do,  it will arguably be one of the biggest triumphs in world sport - easily beating the Boston Red Sox jinxed World Series Baseball record which ended at only 86 years.
After last years final against our bitter rivals we were supposed to be finished. However we've bounced back are undefeated against them and put them out of the cup they defended for the shortest period.
So our historic match is against Celtic.  It will be tough - they are League champions but our players stand on the point of greatness - the realisation of a dream generations of fans who dream in green - winning "the holy grail".
You may ask why choose Hibs over Celtic? We are certainly the underdog however we were the first to wear green and after 111 years dreaming,  perhaps have a stronger claim to dreaming in green ;)

I'd like to wish you and Panathinaikos well and to ask you to share in our experience and with other clubs around the world become Hibees for the day on the 26th May. I can't promise a victory but passion and hopefully a wee bit of magic on the day.

We will create a thread "Dreaming in Green around the world" on http://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?2-hibs-net-Main-Forum  if you'd like to message your support.

Cheers and thanks for listening,
Iain.

Here's a wee sample.

The Passion:
http://s1317.photobucket.com
The Goals:
<The Derby>

<Semi final>

<links to Leigh's goals>

<links to 5-1 cup victory and SOL>

<links to 6-2>

<links to Ivan>

Good luck with everything. Healthy, strong teams, and no monopolies is what makes this sport successful.  True football fans want to see great competitive games.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

The dream is dying fast. I gave in and made my boy an OLYMPIAKOS fan just to stop the ongoing talk about fixes and what ifs. This way he will only see victories and the sadness will not appear as much. This idea of fans owning a club dont work look at any league around the world. Big companies will always win in this game.

Archived