Phantis Forums

Olympiakos Vs. Panathinaikos

Kanadezos

I watched today's game and wow what can I say? As a fan of Oly, they played without any passion and pride. If there was a chance "on paper" for Oly to win big over Pao, like a 4, 5, 6-0 etc., you would think this year would be the time. Not to insult Pao but with how things are in the standings Oly being up 37 points and Pao not making the playoffs and thus will miss European ball next year, you could argue that Pao could of just shown up and lost easily. They played very tight defensively and had counter attacks which led to Figuerora's goal. Honestly, I was wondering why Mitchel didn't at least start Masado over Greco... Greco hasn't impressed me not one bit. Masado isn't anything special but at least he can help somewhat more offensively than Greco. Mitroglou should of started and not Tzibour who hasn't been in form for a while. I also wanted Vlahodimos in there as well. Nevertheless, Oly didn't have any midfielder who can create some scoring chances, Ibaganza came in rightfully so, but that wasn't enough in this game.

For next season, I think they should get rid of Greco, Massado and let Tatos and Di Vicendi (not sure of spelling) play and also get a younger version of Ibaganza, along with another scoring forward... Mitchel has wasted Pantelic and also Diakite who I'm wondering why he doesn't let him play at all.

Finally Pino, I believe could of made a difference this year especially in the Europa League but as much talented as he is he lacks discipline and brains it seems... :bangin:

Very disappointing game for Oly but also it was rather a boring game to watch as a soccer fan. :tdown:

Finally Mitroglou's first goal wasn't offside at all, but the second one was rightfully disallowed.

At the end of the day, for a club who has so much in Greece is just a disaster in Europe. Since 1996 when this started the run of 14 championship to make one quarter and one last 16 appearance is a pretty poor return.

Oly needs to become more consistent in Europe and reach the latter rounds more often

This is true and something they need to do. Last year they blew it with Metalist... I really believe they could have gone a little further.

Nevertheless, they need to stick with one coach (and stop changing so often) and his playing system, get good foreign quality players for positions that the team lacks and needs and finally a little bit of luck would help as well.

At the end of the day, for a club who has so much in Greece is just a disaster in Europe. Since 1996 when this started the run of 14 championship to make one quarter and one last 16 appearance is a pretty poor return.

Oly needs to become more consistent in Europe and reach the latter rounds more often

Archived