Phantis Forums

Ellas Tv Or ?

Having to pay 60 bucks for annoying messages appearing every other day on my screen or to find the picture frozen while I have scheduled my DVD recorder to record a show so I can watch it at my convenience won't cut it for me. The service should not be called EllasTV but rather Beta Ellas TV as they are constantly repairing issues or test. The You Tube feature is a joke. Get a long HDMI cable and go straight from your computer to the TV you will get 1000 times better picture and sound believe me.

And by the way, ANT1 Satellite, ERT World, FSC and beinSPORT (all offered by DISH) are all the channels you need for your sport's addiction. With DRV as well.

Like I said they have to make some improvements. In order to get beIn plus FSC plus Gol TV plus the Greek channels you need to spendpprobably 115 bucks per month. On top of that you need somehow to be connecting to the computer to watch super league and hoping the link works in order to watch Greek soccer. Instead I can watch all of the Greek sports including euro league basketball and campionato and la liga and bundesliga and premier league and portugeuse liga and french ligue and Argentinian league and Hellenic cup through ellas tv. And I have the option to watch free movies and shows and all the major Greek channels including Nova and kids channels in Greek. Sometimes you need to see the forest behind the tree.

Don't give wrong. They still need to make improvements but I am going to use a Greek saying :

Not quite sure why there is a star international test channel.  This channel used to broadcast Start International but not anymore.  Probably they were testing something although the same channel was broadcasting in a non testing environment as well.

I pay $60 per month.  I have the premium package and due to a promo I pay $60 instead of $80. $60 is not a bad deal for the features you are getting although things can get improved.  Keep in mind that if you live in Greece you need to have a subscription for both Nova and OTE (or Connex) in order for someone to view both NovaSports and OTE Sports channels. 

I would really be interested to hear your experience with it.

Which package are you getting?

HI, sorry for the late reply. I ordered the premium package but it hasn't arrived yet. What are peoples experience with the delivery times of the boxes? Also, I'm a bit concerned about some comments about the internet connection. Parents are on Telus High Speed (V1) which is a 15mbps ADSL line. Any thoughts on if this will be OK?

Now I'm trying to watch the panathanaikos euro league game and I'm getting a black screen. The first 3 sporting events I've sat down to watch is nothing but a black screen. So just when is this service going to be worth the money?

HI, sorry for the late reply. I ordered the premium package but it hasn't arrived yet. What are peoples experience with the delivery times of the boxes? Also, I'm a bit concerned about some comments about the internet connection. Parents are on Telus High Speed (V1) which is a 15mbps ADSL line. Any thoughts on if this will be OK?

you may want to follow up with them regarding the delivery. They told me it is going to take 3 to 5 business days but I had to call twice to get the confirmation the box was mailed. Also it took a week for me to get it after getting confirmation that it was sent. So from the time I placed the order till I got the package it took 10 days.

Now I'm trying to watch the panathanaikos euro league game and I'm getting a black screen. The first 3 sporting events I've sat down to watch is nothing but a black screen. So just when is this service going to be worth the money?

I am able to watch all nova sports channels. Just give it like 10 seconds for picture to show up after selecting either novas1 or novas 2. It didnt use to take so long for them to show up.

you may want to follow up with them regarding the delivery. They told me it is going to take 3 to 5 business days but I had to call twice to get the confirmation the box was mailed. Also it took a week for me to get it after getting confirmation that it was sent. So from the time I placed the order till I got the package it took 10 days.

Great, thanks! Yes I spoke to them and the boxes were shipped last friday. So all the way to BC, probably get them early next week. I'll report back once the parents try them out.

Great, thanks! Yes I spoke to them and the boxes were shipped last friday. So all the way to BC, probably get them early next week. I'll report back once the parents try them out.

If you don't mind how much did you pay for the premium package? Also did you pay for the box?  I just saw they are charging the box for $95 including shipping.

New channels are currently getting tested and most likely will be added next week. The Irish channels are no longer available and the majority of the new channels are local channels.

Also i have seen significant improvement on the screen resolution of NovaSports 1HD and NovaSports 2HD.  Also no buffering issues for the two once they changed them from SD to HD.

Here is the new channel line up. 

1) Mega Cosmos USA
2) Mega Greece
3) Mega Greece delayed
4) Mega Cosmos Australia
5) Star International
6) Star Greece
7) Star Greece delayed
8) Ant1 Europe
9) Ant1 Greece
10) Ant1 Greece delayed
11) Alpha Greece
12) Alpha Greece delayed
13) Skai Greece
14) Skai Greece delayed
15) ERT world Europe
16) ET1
17) ET1 delayed
18) ET3
19) ET3 delayed
20) NET
21) NET delayed
22) Nickelodeon Greece
23) Disney Greece
24) Boomerang Greece
25) NovaSports 1HD
26) NovaSports 2HD
27) NovaSports 3
28) NovaSports Highlights
29) OTE Sports 1HD
30) OTE Sports 2HD 

31) OTE Sports 3 (test)
32) Eurosport
33) Eurosport 2
34) NovaCinema 1
35) NovaCinema 2
36) Ellas Cinema Classics
37) MAD GreekZ
38) MAD
39) ENA Channel (test)
40) Ellas Dimotika
41) RIK SAT Cyprus
42) Vouli
43) 4E
44) Tileasti (known as ART)
45) Kontra Channel
46) Macedonia TV
47) Rythmos 94.9 live studio
48) Radio Kima live
49) Kriti TV (test)
50) Epirus TV (test)
51) Star Kentrikis Elladas (test)
52) TV 100 (test)

53) Diktyo Tileorasi (test)
54) Delta TV (test)
55) Extra 3 (test) 
56) MAD Hits (test)

Two new channels are currently getting tested; Ellas Cinema and Ellas Kids which play Greek movies for adults and kids respectively.

NovaCinema 3 and NovaCinema 4 were added as well. They both have parental control restrictions due to sexual content.

Here is the new channel line up.

1) Mega Cosmos USA

2) Mega Greece

3) Mega Greece Delayed

4) Ellas Cinema

5) Star International

6) Star Greece

7) Star Greece delayed

8) Ant1 Europe

9) Ant1 Greece

10) Ant1 Greece delayed

11) Alpha Greece

12) Alpha Greece delayed

13) Skai Greece

14) Skai Greece delayed

15) ERT world Europe

16) ET1

17) ET1 delayed

18) ET3

19) ET3 delayed

20) NET

21) NET delayed

22) Nickelodeon Greece

23) Disney Greece

24) Boomerang Greece

25) NovaSports 1HD

26) NovaSports 2HD

27) NovaSports 3

28) NovaSports Highlights

29) OTE Sports 1HD

30) OTE Sports 2HD

31) OTE Sports 3

32) Eurosport

33) Eurosport 2

34) NovaCinema 1

35) NovaCinema 2

36) Ellas Cinema Classics

37) MAD GreekZ

38) MAD

39) ENA Channel

40) Ellas Dimotika

41) RIK SAT Cyprus

42) Vouli

43) 4E

44) ART (known as Tileasti)

45) Kontra Channel

46) Macedonia TV

47) Rythmos 94.9 live studio

48) Radio Kima live

49) Kriti TV (test)

50) Epirus TV (test)

51) Star Kentrikis Elladas (test)

52) TV 100 (test)

53) Diktyo Tileorasi (test)

54) Delta TV (test)

55) Extra 3 (test)

56) MAD Hits (test)

57) Ellas Kids

58) NovaCinema 3

59) NovaCinema 4

Edited by trikalinos1

Has anyone set this up on a Roku box?

I added their private channel... but actually getting a subscription to their service is proving difficult.  Phone lines never answered, emails never answered, etc. 

You should try calling them again. The technical team has a dedicated 800 number and they are available most of the time. I only had hard time talking to the sales or customer service area.

Let us know about your Ellas TV roku experience ( channel list, any issues,etc)

Has anyone set this up on a Roku box?

I added their private channel... but actually getting a subscription to their service is proving difficult.  Phone lines never answered, emails never answered, etc. 

By the way how did you add their private channel? I was looking for the channel but no luck at all. Unless you called customer service and they gave it to you over the phone.

• 2 years later...

The owner  is a known Chicago  ...microapateonas ... that says it all ....if you think  distributing NOVA / OTESPORTS etc is LEGAL  why don't you call them and check...with them  like i did I use their services and stopped after they stopped NOVA to selected boxes ..yes they have that ability ..but do not be surprised when they will stopped .....that is all....broadcasting ..since they lost the rights to the 3 stations they had to use a front END ....make sure your Visa does NOT keep getting charged after that..