Phantis Forums

Dish Network's Greek Elite Pack price increase

I got this Dish Network letter in the mail a couple of days ago:

Dear Valued DISH Network Customer,

DISH appreciates your business and is proud to offer you the best variety and value in Greek television entertainment.

We are pleased to announce the launch of the new channel "Greek Cinema" exclusively on DISH, which will replace Antenna Prime as of September 26th, 2012. Greek Cinema is the first 24-hour-a-day Greek movie channel in the U.S., offering nonstop all top classic and newly released Greek movies, such as Koritsia gia Filima, I Aliki sto Naftiko-Alice in the Navy, Kai oi 14...Itan Yperoxoi and much more.

With the addition of Greek Cinema to the channel line up that includes Alpha Sat, Antenna Satellite, ERT, the Greek Elite Pack offers an outstanding Greek television entertainment experience at a great value! The package has a variety of incredible Greek programming including mini series, dramas, 24-hour news, a mix of classic and newly released movies and the Greek Superleague and Soccer Cup, live from Greece. (DISH makes it possible for you to keep in touch with what's happening back home).

To provide you with the best content available and to cover increased costs, effective on or around December 6th, 2012, the monthly price of the Greek Elite Pack will increase to $29.99.

If you have any questions, please call 1-888-489-8484 to speak with a Greek agent.

Thank you again for subscribing to DISH. We look forward to providing you with the very best Greek and American entertainment for years to come.

Sincerely,

DISH

Greek Service

I am not surprised since their package was already flawed in price (The Elite package being the same price as the Antenna package for some reason) and Greek Cinema obviously costs them more money than Antenna Prime. I actually expected this after they added Alpha Sat.

It's worth every penny of it.

The Greek Cinema is the best channel in my humble opinion.

They have everything. All the old black and white ones, the later not so good but worth viewing colored ones, even the latest ones with the new young actors.

Frankly I was looking for this exact channel for a long time.

And here it is.

I am really happy with it.

P.S. I don't miss MEGA COSMOS at all.

Archived