Phantis Forums

Republic of Ireland v Greece

js1000

up coming friendly on wednesday santos has gone with a young squad, and no Katsouranis or Karagounis :D :tup:

GK Orestis Karnezis Panathinaikos

GK Kostas Peristeridis Panionios

DF José Holebas Olympiacos

DF Kostas Manolas Olympiacos

DF Kyriakos Papadopoulos Schalke 04

DF Sokratis Papastathopoulos Werder Bremen

DF Kostas Stafylidis PAOK

DF Nikos Spyropoulos Panathinaikos

DF Vasilis Torosidis Olympiacos

DF Loukas Vyntra Panathinaikos

MF Elini Dimoutsos Atromitos

MF Kostas Fortounis Kaiserslautern

MF Panagiotis Kone Bologna

MF Giannis Maniatis Olympiacos

MF Sotiris Ninis Parma

MF Panagiotis Tachtsidis Roma

MF Alexandros Tziolis APOEL

MF Lazaros Christodoulopoulos Panathinaikos

FW Stefanos Athanasiadis PAOK

FW Kostas Mitroglou Olympiacos

FW Dimitris Salpingidis PAOK

FW Giorgos Samaras Celtic

delighted to see Kone back in the squad and good to see a first call up for tachtsidis who's playing regularly for roma and first time call ups also for kostas manolas and stafylidis.

@irlande are you gonna make the journey south to see the match??

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's about time.

You need to get these young guys in the mix.

Katso and Kara are bench material at best at this stage of their careers.

I prefer that they aren't even on the National team because their influence will be too great.

It's only a practice game but we'll see how this affects the games that count down the road.

It's a winnable game but Ireland will be pumped.

He'll find a way to f uck things up for the NT when we get to the next qualifier, and yes his two bitches, Kats and Kara, will be back.

As you can see he calls Dimoutsos, Kone and Iam-very-well-connected-but-a-below-average-player Vyntra, but once again leaves out Fetfa. I'm not surprised; this is the same old sh it, so WHO CARES?

why are you guys pining for fetfa he doesn't play for his club side, how do you expect him to get picked for the NT? he does not deserve a call up.

as for a leader papadopoulos or papastathopoulos or torosidis can lead from the back. samaras captained celtic the other day and does have the experience.

fet:

the only guy that dribble around someone, left footed. fast. very good passer..

thats why....he adds a dimension we dont have...its a friendly game so in form does not matter, he gets a chance to play with the NT and integrate with the new crop of young guys.

i thought skills mattered......this non call suggests santos has NO use for him whatsoever...

kone - head is a bonehead.....everywhere he has gone he has been trouble - lack of teamwork, getting sent off etc etc...i watched him play against ecuador - confrontation almost EVERYTIME he was involved in a play....i know i always bark about "attitude" and confidence, but he is waaaaay overboard...

fet is the perfect substitute for him.....anyone who disagrees is just not being intellectually honest with their response......

kone - head is a bonehead.....everywhere he has gone he has been trouble - lack of teamwork, getting sent off etc etc...i watched him play against ecuador - confrontation almost EVERYTIME he was involved in a play....i know i always bark about "attitude" and confidence, but he is waaaaay overboard...

fet is the perfect substitute for him.....anyone who disagrees is just not being intellectually honest with their response......

I was at that game, Kone was good, and set up our only goal. Definitely agree on Fetfatzidi, though. Somebody needs to give him a chance.

om, kone has skills....he does....no argument about that....just he is a hothead and our team really needs cohesion, not dissension. If he can get his emotional act together, i think he adds alot......as i said, i LIKE his brashness and moxy - u need that and we need that on this team.....we dont need someone who throws his hands up in disgust every time he does not get the pass HE thinks he should have gotten, or his pass goes awry;

i ve been on plenty of teams where attitudes like that disrupt chemistry, and eventually, these types of personalities get frozen out by everyone else....but he has skills, and i would be willing to give him time to mature.......

fet is another story....

IRELAND

16 Forde(GK)

3 Ward

4 O'Shea

13 Clark

19 Coleman

6 Whelan

7 McCarthy

11 McClean

20 Brady

10 Long