Phantis Forums

Kostas Lamprou ‒ Feyenoord

js1000

• 2 weeks later...

After 4 matches someone managed to score against Lamprou: a teammate with an own goal :confused:

It's up to Skibbe to decide. The man a decent. I don't see Kapino or Karnezis playing so can't tell. Being short is just a fact. But Messi is too, hahaha. And I know it is easier when you are 1.90 m. or taller.

You don't have to be tall to be a great goalie.  You can make up for it by having excellent reflexes, positioning, anticipation, ball distribution, and explosiveness.  You are at a disadvantage when it comes to crosses into the box, but you can still read the situation, be brave, and deal with it.

Costa Rican goalie Keylor Navas is less than 6 feet, and he's one of the best in the world.  We saw that first hand when he single-handedly beat us in the World Cup. Also, Dino Zoff, perhaps the best goalie in history, was less than 6 feet tall.

As for Lamprou, I suspect he's probably the 4th-5th best Greek goalie. As someone already stated, Karnezis and Kapino are clearly the top 2.  Glykos gets the nod over Lamprou, because he has several years experience with the NT. Dioudis and Barkas also seem promising.   I'm probably missing a couple other decent goalies.

Edited by maggica

• 1 month later...

Lamprou is negotiating with the board of Willem II to extend his contract that last until this summer.

Lamprou is doing well to the standards of a club like Willem II. He and his defenders only conceeded 21 goals in 19 games. Only the three traditional big shots in the Dutch league conceeded less goals. 

• Nikitas changed the title to Kostas Lamprou - Willem II
  • 2 weeks later...

if we go by 3rd best keeper its gonna be the loanie of oly to panionios. he s done some decent saves but his defenders are very good, so stats can only tlak about defensive mechanism and not goalkeeper himself. thats why I believe this Lambrou guy deserves a call-up, coz Netherlands defenders are some puppets to fill the starting 11.

• 2 weeks later...

unbelievable that he wasnt called up. he was again man of the match yesterday grabbing a point for his team making 11 saves. willem II played 1-1 against groningen away.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.omroepbrabant.nl%2F%3Fnews%2F262750732%2FKeeper%2BLamprou%2Bbehoedt%2BWillem%2BII%2Bvoor%2Bnederlaag%2C%2Bgelijkspel%2Bin%2BGroningen.aspx&edit-text=&act=url

5'9 for a keeper, that may or may not be exxagerated by an inch or two on paper, really hurts his chances of ever gaining the confidence of a bigger club or NT. The fact that he has made it this far in a respectable european league, coming from Greece and garnering the attention of a club like Feyenoord speaks volumes about his ability and tenacity.

It would be nice to see him called up as 3rd keeper by Skibbe though. Greece is not very deep with talent at that position. 

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 1

• 4 months later...
  • Argy changed the title to Kostas Lamprou ‒ Ajax
  • 1 year later...

Thought I would give Lambrou a mention. Backup goalie for Ajax, on the bench for their magical Champions League run and just won the Eredivisie. 

Greece have some good depth in the GK position, but how many would actually make and dress for this Ajax golden generation team? Credit to him. 

• Argy changed the title to Kostas Lamprou ‒ Vitesse
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Kostas Lamprou ‒ Feyenoord