Phantis Forums

Greek Channels on Home2US to SHUT DOWN

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Greek Channel package, MEGA Cosmos, STAR Int, RIK Sat, 4E, on Home2US Satellite platform on SES 101.0 w, will be shutting down on September 31 2012.

DKSat

September 31st? There are only 30 days in September. I'm sure it's a typo on your part because I strongly believe you have the most knowledge in this forum about Greek tv. Many thanks as always on the valuable info you provide.

On another note, I knew this would happen. I'm so glad I didn't subscribe. However, where do these channels go now?

Pretty disappointing to hear this, considering they launched only about a year and a half ago on the platform! It will also mark the first time since Mega Cosmos launched in the United States that it will not be available via satellite. I can't say I am surprised by this though as DKSat has been dropping hints about it for a while.

Apparently GMG is trying to switch everyone over to Ellas TV with special offers, including a receiver. Personally, I don’t know if I am going to follow them yet again to another platform; not to mention that I have concerns about the platform and IPTV in general.... Either way I wont be missing anything currently since most new programs haven't started.

On another note, I knew this would happen. I'm so glad I didn't subscribe. However, where do these channels go now?

I am guessing MEGA will walk barefoot on broken glass to beg to be taken back to DISH. I doubt the other channels are going anywhere.

This is not unexpected, I don't think that package has very many subscribers and as DKSat pointed out before, the future is IPTV (at least for GMG and the channels they distribute), so they are probably removing the channels from Home2US in an effort to force more people to subscribe to their IPTV service.

I am guessing MEGA will walk barefoot on broken glass to beg to be taken back to DISH.

I don't think they will have a problem reaching a deal with Dish this time around- MEGA Cosmos needs Dish more than Dish needs MEGA Cosmos.

However, MEGA Comsos is GMG's flagship channel and they might need it to help sell subscriptions to Ellas TV, in which case they might keep it exclusive to IPTV.

Either way I wont be missing anything currently since most new programs haven't started.

What new programs?! From what I have read, all channels in Greece are going through a very difficult time and they more than likely will not be airing any new content until early in the new year. The only shows returning in the fall are the newscasts and morning shows (for the channels that still have a morning show). Of course things are still very much up in the air so they might change their minds and add something new to the fall schedule?!

I am guessing MEGA will walk barefoot on broken glass to beg to be taken back to DISH. I doubt the other channels are going anywhere.
From what we have seen, I don’t think MEGA in Greece cares about where their channel is available as long as they keep getting paid for the distribution rights…...Unless they give the distribution rights to a different company.

What new programs?!  From what I have read, all channels in Greece are going through a very difficult time and they more than likely will not be airing any new content until early in the new year.  The only shows returning in the fall are the newscasts and morning shows (for the channels that still have a morning show).  Of course things are still very much up in the air so they might change their minds and add something new to the fall schedule?!

I have read the same, difficult times for all the channels. It is looking like ANT1 is going to cut their morning show and probably only keep the news portion of it, while it looks like MEGA is going to keep their show but start much later this year. STAR debuted all their programming already, but it’s more of the same from them... (lackluster some would say) ALPHA looks like most of their programing is coming back this year, plus they also signed Aggeliki Nikolouli and Annita Pania from ALTER apparently. I haven't read anything about SKAI, other than another cooking show being planned. Other than that, ANT1 and MEGA's fall programming is all up in the air still with different stories being printed every day. The only thing that looks certain is that any programming that they will show this fall will debut late. The few scripted shows left or planned are not supposed to debut until after the new year, with the exception of MEGA’s “Klemmena Oneira” which is debuting sometime in mid fall. Very interesting times for everyone ahead....

No there is no announcement scrolling on the screen. However, we are receiving phone calls almost daily advising us that their broadcasting from Home2US will end by September 30, 2012, and we have to give them our subscriber information again in order for them to mail us a new box, of course with new fees attached.

It was precisely one year ago that we subscribed to Home2US, which cost us $383.00 for the dish LNB, the re-alignment and labor. That money is down the drain for a service that lasted only 12 months.

Would the new service and their "NEW BOX" will it last another 12 months?

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I doubt it very much that it will last even for 12 months.

At first we got suckered by getting Dish Network. Then within a reasonably short period of time we got suckered into getting Direct TV. Again within a reasonably short period of time we got suckered into getting Home2US. And now they are trying to sucker us again into something "new and exciting" as they call it.

I admit we were fools and we fell for the sake of watching Greek TV. But even foolishness has its limitations.

NO THANK YOU!!! You can take your new system, your wonderful programming and whatever else you are peddling to the unsuspecting Greek consumers and store it someplace where no TV screen will ever see it.

I am mad as hell, and I am not going to take this $#@& anymore.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Interesting read from my USA friends.

Well, we here in Canada don't really have this problem. Mega Cosmos is always

available on satellite and cable.

The only Greek channels that are available up here are Mega Cosmos,

Antenna and ERT Sat which is more than enough for me.

With Bell Satellite, for which I have, has all the 3 Greek channels in a combo.

With the price that Home2US was charging for Mega Cosmos, you will get all 3

for that cost. Only drawback, you have to subscribe the the lowest package

(156 Channels) to get the Greek Combo at the low price. Still, 159 channels

including the 3 Greek channels is not bad. If you share your account with friends

& relatives, your price is way down per person.

If you have relatives here in Canada and you don't mind Canadian programming

once in a while, perhaps it is something looking into.

I once had DirecTV with the Greek package sharing with relatives in New York

until Direct removed the Greek package from their lineup.

Now the tables are turned.

:huh:

First and foremost, ‘We, the Subscribers’, sincerely wish you all the success.

However, your proven past track record is not instilling a confidence in us to trust and continue your services without further aggravation and unnecessary expenses.

I am afraid this is just a name change, for the very same ‘Karagiozis Show’.

Sorry ELLAS TV. You fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!!!

:tdown: :tdown: :gr: :nono: :nono:

ATTENTION IDIOTS AT GMG. YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR CHANNELS BACK TO DISH NETWORK. THIS IS RIDICULOUS WHAT YOU'RE DOING. STOP PLAYING MUSICAL PLATFORMS. SCREW YOUR IPTV SERVICE. ALL I HEAR IS NEGATIVE REVIEWS ABOUT IT. YOU WANT HAPPY CUSTOMERS, BRING MEGA BACK TO DISH ALONG WITH STAR AND RIK.

No there is no announcement scrolling on the screen. However, we are receiving phone calls almost daily advising us that their broadcasting from Home2US will end by September 30, 2012, and we have to give them our subscriber information again in order for them to mail us a new box, of course with new fees attached.

It was precisely one year ago that we subscribed to Home2US, which cost us $383.00 for the dish LNB, the re-alignment and labor. That money is down the drain for a service that lasted only 12 months.

Would the new service and their "NEW BOX" will it last another 12 months?

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I doubt it very much that it will last even for 12 months.

At first we got suckered by getting Dish Network. Then within a reasonably short period of time we got suckered into getting Direct TV. Again within a reasonably short period of time we got suckered into getting Home2US. And now they are trying to sucker us again into something "new and exciting" as they call it.

I admit we were fools and we fell for the sake of watching Greek TV. But even foolishness has its limitations.

NO THANK YOU!!! You can take your new system, your wonderful programming and whatever else you are peddling to the unsuspecting Greek consumers and store it someplace where no TV screen will ever see it.

I am mad as hell, and I am not going to take this $#@& anymore.

:nono:          :nono:          :nono:          :nono:

Amen!!!

We dont have a record

We been solid

As far as the comment our service is not good, we never had an issue from our current customers or potential future customers.

Internet needs to be good, if the internet speed is less then 10 Mbps, you will have problems and especially Verizon customers,

Simple mathematics,

2 computers, 2 iphones, 1 ipad, 1 laptop, ellas tv, apple tv

your over 10 Mbps ..... Just a little lesson ....

Also dont think satellite will be around for that long a little inside once again.

http://www.dishworld.com/packages/greek/greek-pack/

A little inside scoop

Better get good internet this is the future.....

Enjoy ....

And once again Ellas TV is here to stay ....

These are the facts im sorry you dont like them

It's not that we don't like the facts. But your claims and statements are not the facts, they are only hearsay.

Only time will prove the facts.

Sadly, the time proven facts of your past history are in total contrast of your current claims and statements.

We truly like and prefer to support Greek businesses, including yours. Therefore, we absolutely have nothing personal against your business.

However, we have a problem when any business, including yours, will consider their customer as a fool and/or naive and tries to sucker them one more time into a deceptive business offer.

The truth and the facts sometimes are painful. But, these are the facts ELLAS TV, and we too are not sorry if you don't like them.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

We dont have a record

We been solid

As far as the comment our service is not good, we never had an issue from our current customers or potential future customers.

Internet needs to be good, if the internet speed is less then 10 Mbps, you will have problems and especially Verizon customers,

Simple mathematics,

2 computers, 2 iphones, 1 ipad, 1 laptop, ellas tv, apple tv

your over 10 Mbps ..... Just a little lesson ....

Also dont think satellite will be around for that long a little inside once again.

http://www.dishworld.com/packages/greek/greek-pack/

A little inside scoop

Better get good internet this is the future.....

Enjoy ....

And once again Ellas TV is here to stay ....

You've been solid? Common!!!

I tried your service for a month. It sucked big time.

You can refer to the other thread for the details. You even yourself adviced me to drop the service with all the problems I was experiencing.

Well, that's it for me. Unless MEGA COSMOS goes back to DISH I am not following. At this point it is a matter of principle. In fact, until MEGA COSMOS is distributed by any other than crappy GMG I am not interested.

There is no hope.

Ellas CRAPOLA TV will be the only available provider for MEGA COSMOS.

I can't beleive this is happening really.

Oh by the way, they haven't even call me or send me a letter to inform me of the Home2US end of September ternination date.

That good of a service!

WhereverTV may be an alternative choice. At least that's only $14.99.

Has anybody tried it?

WhereverTV may be an alternative choice. At least that's only $14.99.

Has anybody tried it?

Sadly it looks like their app was removed from the ROKU website, probably because of DISH's ROKU deal. I wonder what their plans are now. It looks like they also support service through Boxee Box according to their site though.

It looks like the  Greek Channel package, MEGA Cosmos, STAR Int, RIK Sat, 4E on Home2US are GONE.

DKSat

Yes, HOME2US stopped the transmission of the Greek Channel package, effective September 25, 2012, during the early morning hours.

However, many subscribers have pre-paid until September 30th and the service was to be terminated on the last day of September.

Therefore, by law, for services not rendered, the company must refund by pro-rating the unused portion of the prepayment they have received.

I already received over 130 complaints about this issue and if no response of refund is provided by the company, we may be looking into a class action lawsuit.

If you have any prepaid amount for services that you did not receive, please contact the company and request such. Make sure you take notes as to the day and time you've called and the person you spoken with.

Furthermore, if you paid with credit card, contact also your cards' customer service and advise them of your refund request.

Please post your findings, actions and resolutions if any, so we may decide the next step of action as necessary.

Thank you very much.

Archived