Phantis Forums

Norway-Greece

Omonoia9

I don't think Fetfatzidis' natural position is as a winger, he's a number 10. He finds pockets of space well, dribbles excellently and has a superb through ball. With Karagounis aging he is the logical successor in a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3, and even in a 4-4-1-1. He can also play on the left cutting in, like Gianniotas does for the u-19s. Fetfa is a gem of a player in my opinion. If he moved to Barcelona tomorrow he'd be a superstar within 2 years. He has weaknesses of course (he needs to work on his right foot, work on direct dribbling skils, improve his crossing, and explosive sprints) but the sky is the limit for the kid.

Tachtsidis has also made a very promising start to his Roma career. On his debut against Zaglebie Lubin he scored a great chip from 20 yards before playing an amazing through ball to get an assist. So he's another that we'll be seeing more of (if he keeps his head and doesn't return to the late-night-clubbing that he was famous for in Greece!).

Vellios has continued banging them away in the Everton reserves too, I'm assuming he'll get more playing time at Everton so he could feature at some stage, but Mitroglou HAS to be given more playing time in my opinion. We also have problems at left back so Stafilidis should be given a chance. He's been superb for the u19s and for PAOK and has recently secured a move to Leverkusen (will remain at PAOK on loan).

agree with you there euro, stafylidis and tachtsidis should be definate starters against norway.

Tachtsidis has also made a very promising start to his Roma career. On his debut against Zaglebie Lubin he scored a great chip from 20 yards before playing an amazing through ball to get an assist.

the vision to play that pass was nothing short of amazing, i couldn't believe it when i saw it, this player has a football brain and a great touch, the only thing he lacks is pace.

look at this line up and tell me this is not incredibly promising and that it doesnt put a smile on your face when you look at the potential we have.

----------------------------------kapino--------------------------------

------torosidi------k pap----sokrati/manola---stafylidis/tzavella---

----------------------tachtsidi------------maniati----------------------

----------------------------fetfatzidi/fortouni--------------------------

-------nini/mavria--------------------------vlaxodimo/gianniota------

----------------------------mitroglou/vellio----------------------------

obviously alot of these players are not quite ready for the big time, but most of them, now or at some point in the near future deserve to get called up to at least a friendly and get some minutes.

not to mention players like lazaro and athanasiadi, who perhaps should have made the EURO squad. also players like tato, skondra and even dimoutso had great seasons last year.

the point is this. we have alot of talent, and if we are not going to start using them in friendlies like these, 2 years away from a major competition and in front of a rather weak qualifying group for the world cup, then when will we start integrating them. this is how you build experience and get youngsters more prepared for making the leap into top levels of football.

it s clear, based on our youth teams success that the talent is there, we just need to start addressing that talent in the best way possible, putting trust in our young players and giving them playing time, both domestically and internationally. i have been waiting for the day to see players like kyriako, sokrati, fetzfatzidi, ninis and mitroglou playing on the pitch at the same time.

You make it sound as if Ninis is a promising youngster instead of another ex-youth who failed to reach his potential.

As for Manolas, NO he does not bring a smile to my face! He is not ready for A' Division football leave alone international level!

Forget about Ninnis. Let the yiftaki earn the spot by performing in Parma and then bring him back to the Ethniki . I personaly think that he will be back in Greece within a year ,just like Spanoulis did in the Nba. He will be on the bench and then come back and float around the Greek Super league like many other hopefuls. Hopefully, he can prove me wrong.

:gr:

You make it sound as if Ninis is a promising youngster instead of another ex-youth who failed to reach his potential.

As for Manolas, NO he does not bring a smile to my face! He is not ready for A' Division football leave alone international level!

Way too early to say that about Ninis.

22 is hardly an ex youth.

It's nice to think that Fetfatzidis should be given a chance but where do you put him? His natural position is currently occupied by Dimitris Salpingidis who is indispensable to the team.

I'm not sure why... But Santos has left Fetfatzidis off the National Team with the friendly match with Norway. I'm greatly displeased with this. Except for the last friendly he played, prior to that he was playing very well. He didn't play him not even one minute for the Euro... Makes you think he has something against him!

:tdown: :blink:

22 years old is not a youngster any more, particularly as Ninis has been around for so long and failed to fulfil his potential. I remember when he was outshining Jack Wilshere in the u-21s. Ninis looked amazing. It was only a matter of time before he played for a super club! Now he can't even break into the Greek national team and is on his way to replace Giovinco at Parma. Parma will struggle this season in my opinion because they relied on Giovinco so heavily. He was their one player that could explode into attacking areas with his excellent dribbling skills. He's quick, a direct runner, agile, and can make things happen at a high tempo. So Parma were a counter attacking team with him leading the countering. Ninis is not that sort of player, he likes a slower passing game where he can dictate the pace. I'm not sure whether he will live up to their expectations therefore. Nonetheless, I'm digressing now, the point is 22 isn't young, his progress stunted dramatically.

As for Manolas, I'm with Irlandos on this. I think he's a terrible defender. Positionally inept, not particularly strong, he's fairly slow, not that great in the air. He's just not that good at anything. If I was Santos I'd go for this in the first half:

---------------------------------------Chiotis------------------------------------------

Skondras---------------Sokratis-------------------K.Pap-------------------Stafylidis

------------------Torosidis-----------Maniatis-----------Fetfatzidis-------------------

Salpingidis--------------------------Mitroglou------------------------------Klonaridis

2nd half

--------------------------------------Chiotis-------------------------------------------

-------------------Sokratis----------K.Paps----------Malezas-------------------------

Torosidis----------Mavrias-------Maniatis---------Dimoutsos--------------Stafylidis

------------------------------Fetfatzidis---------Vellios/Athanadsiadis---------------

Afterall, friendlies are for experimenting. Unfortunately Santos has punished both Kone and Chiotis for speaking up. They've not been called up again. Rather amazingly Fetfatzidis hasn't been called up to the squad at all! Shocking!

NORWAY

1 Jarstein(GK)

2 Hogli

4 Demidov

5 Hangeland

6 Riise(Captain)

10 Elyounoussi

7 Henriksen

8 Nordtveit

11 Pedersen

18 Huseklepp

9 Abdellaoue