Phantis Forums

The new coach

Guest TheLegend

Greek soccer reality. Fans do not always help either, but generally our Prez should try more to modernise (and in a lot of ways he has) the coaching issue, and himself act more professional and stay away from the locker rooms for example, threatening players before a match is very unprofessional. I know it's how thing work in Greece but, let's try to push things forward like we have already in other aspects of the club.

• Like it 1

It's standard op procedure in Greece sadly, I think only the Prince and Valverde stayed on for 2 or more full seasons consecutively in our modern history. Eventually this has to change, the fans and media need to get on board too.

I know this opinion is not very popular, but at this point in time, I think a Greek coach would be a good move. We are very behind schedule, and a coach who knows the team a little would need less time to get adjusted. There are 2-3 Greek coaches who I would not mind seeing at our club. 

Edited by Tzatziki

Im for a greek coach myself. With lack of transfers a guy who is willing to develop youg players will have more success at this point. Besides too much emphasis is being blamed on coach we dont have the players right now... Whats a new coach gonna do? I say steal some talents from our opposition like we usually do and buildfrom there. Hopefully Marinakis spends some money....

Edited by jason

One thing with Ouzounidis, its one thing to coach young kids at a club with zero expectation and another to coach the biggest team in Greece with massive expectation, add in there Europe where he has no experience.

Leonardo, the less said the better he has been out of the game for too long, don't think he would be a good choice.

Fair call we all have our opinions in the end, the Dutch for me are always an over hype let down and Russia well they don't do much either on the world stage.... He did take South Korea to a WC semi final though and also took Australia the furthest they've been in a WC. Maybe he is a good coach with under dog teams lol

Wasn't he a good player? People always associate great players with being good coaches. Not always the case.

Edit- never mind looked his career up and he was pretty average

I have not followed his entire coaching career, but he really impressed me in a couple tournaments with his national squads, left a good impression.

Edited by Tzatziki
  • Like it 1