Phantis Forums

The new coach

Guest TheLegend

pao123 you see things and you comment thing as you like to see them,and that is ok by me....heck not all of can agree with everything but lets set some things straight.

1)Olympiakos is out of Europe this year.Nothing anybody can do at this point about it but in the last 3 years we have made it in the final 16 of the CL 2 TIMES.Not that bad in my eyes.What Pao had done for the rest of the greek teams in the past,Olympiakos did also the last couple of years,lets not forget that...Also it does not make me happy the fact that we are out this year but it DOES make it easier for us to get the greek titles back....isnt that how Pao last year lost and did not care about the Europa League so you can focus in Greece or you forget about that???? ;)

2)Olympiakos in the last 2-3 years has lost many of its prime and biggest players and also back up players because of retirement,not great enough for us or health and life ending problems plus that with all the coaches changes,not many new star players have stepped up yet to fill there voids.Djole,Darko,Galletti,Leonardo,Zevlakow,Pantos,Datolo,Lua-Lua are just a few that come in mind right now.

3)Valverde is not GOD.He never was and he never will be.The only thing that changes with him on board is that the Olympiakos team,will be again A TEAM and not the disgrace thing that we all witnessed a week ago.When he was our coach he was able to get results,go along with almost all the players and he likes to work hard.the new president and the fans think of him highly so he will also be granted TIME to work and to show what he can do.

4)When you go from players like Sissic and Datolo to a Riera and Rommendhal and Ibagaza to cover and play for you,sorry but i like that.It makes me and the rest REDS happy...we are weird like that.Olympiakos last year after the christmas holidays was with no more energy or players left because of fatigue and injuries so YES,i want 4-5-6-10 more players to join my club if they can help.

5)Villareal plays in La Liga,we are SL.Humangous difference and i hope that at least you can acknoledge the same as me here....

6)The fact that most Pao supporters including you are more focused on Olympiakos and what is going on with us instead of the other main greek clubs like AEK-PAOK-ARIS it shows to me that you are afraid us the most.....as you should,so as i have said before,relax as you say,the SL starts in 20 days and we have the whole year to see who is what ;)

You try to get my started and i LOVE that about you..... :box: :D :LOL: :tup:

Talking about Valverde now,he already has arrived in Greece,we went to his hotel for a few hours and now he is present in the afternoon practice of the team.He also spoke to Darko in order to get an update on the new posible transfers....

He will officially sign his contract tomorrow and have the press conference.

What pao has done Olympiakos did in the last 2 years?

Lets see and compare...

In the last 2 seasons.. Oly made it to the 16 twice..

In the last 2 seasons... Pao made it to the last 16 ONCE.. (in their only CL appearance

they also made it to the 16 of uefa after eliminating ROMa with two victories...

Thats pretty comparable..

In the past 3 seasons.. Oly has 39 points coefficient..

Pao has 38..

not including this year... where u know pao will get at least 10 or 12... (they already have 4)

Oly are out..

Next season.. where ever Oly play in europe.. they will have 42 points coefficient... If it was the cl this season.. they would be in pot 3 with a possibility of playin in pot 4 should teams liek Juvem Standard and Liverpool qualify next season..

That woul make a draw very very difficult for Oly next season.. and may make them exit early which will keep on hurting them.. until they put together back to back runs in europe

Forget about the past..

Pao made it to the 4 twice and to the 8 twice..

Oly will never achieve that success in the CL

What pao has done Olympiakos did in the last 2 years?

Lets see and compare...

In the last 2 seasons.. Oly made it to the 16 twice..

In the last 2 seasons... Pao made it to the last 16 ONCE.. (in their only CL appearance

they also made it to the 16 of uefa after eliminating ROMa with two victories...

Thats pretty comparable..

In the past 3 seasons.. Oly has 39 points coefficient..

Pao has 38..

not including this year... where u know pao will get at least 10 or 12... (they already have 4)

Oly are out..

Next season.. where ever Oly play in europe.. they will have 42 points coefficient... If it was the cl this season.. they would be in pot 3 with a possibility of playin in pot 4 should teams liek Juvem Standard and Liverpool qualify next season..

That woul make a draw very very difficult for Oly next season.. and may make them exit early which will keep on hurting them.. until they put together back to back runs in europe

Forget about the past..

Pao made it to the 4 twice and to the 8 twice..

Oly will never achieve that success in the CL

Re prasinofatsa :box: did i make a COMPARISON between Pao and Olympiakos europe succes :1eye: ??

Pao123 does not see future,you dont see present or past,what am i left to argue here with..... :P :D

Next year, as this year happen, the champion of SL gets an automatic CL group spot,that is what Olympiakos will go for.....Pot 1-2-3-4 is good and lovely but Olympiakos has advanced before from being in pot 3....lets let the season start and the actually SL and CL games to begin this year and then we will be here to comment.... :LOL: :LOL: in our normal and peacefull ways as always... :LOL: :LOL:

PS.Lets see Pao this year's CL succes so we can all celebrate together..... :tup: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :tup:

PS.Niko,give me your grandfathers number,i need to talk to him so he can smack you from me...... :tup: :D Nothing but love bro. :nw: :nw: :nw:

i am not afraid of your team...that is laugh-able, the bulk of the news coming out of greece just happends to be about oly bc of the situations surrounding the club, when our whole 'president' issues arose, no one could stop talking about us...so, i just like to comment on the news, and since we are "enemies" it makes it more fun for me :D that mixed with the fact that only the pao and oly forums here get posts and actual discussion is nice...i would like to get more aris, paok and aek fans here, but that is unfortunately not the case.

but i am not afraid, and from an outside perspective, i think teams and fans are prob 10x more afraid of pao, then oly, i dont think that is debtable...

i am glad you see thing (in your last post at least) more reasonably...BUT the bulk of oly fans are dillusional and think valverde is the saviour of the club....i can of course acknowledge that la liga is miles and miles above the SL, but the media makes valverde out to be mourinho, when in the grand scheme of football, is a slightly above avg coach...

as far as your top players retiring and being injured etc etc...i dont buy that as an excuse, as a matter of fact that only shows how oly (and most other greek teams) think...short term...if they were interested in long term success, they would have planned for the next generation to your 30-something year old heroes (im not saying that sarcastically, djole, georgatos were great players) once again, by signing players like ibagaza and rommedahl, the club shows they are not thinking long term success...

and i love you too my man :D :D

i am not afraid of your team...that is laugh-able, the bulk of the news coming out of greece just happends to be about oly bc of the situations surrounding the club, when our whole 'president' issues arose, no one could stop talking about us...so, i just like to comment on the news, and since we are "enemies" it makes it more fun for me :D  that mixed with the fact that only the pao and oly forums here get posts and actual discussion is nice...i would like to get more aris, paok and aek fans here, but that is unfortunately not the case.

but i am not afraid, and from an outside perspective, i think teams and fans are prob 10x more afraid of pao, then oly, i dont think that is debtable...

i am glad you see thing (in your last post at least) more reasonably...BUT the bulk of oly fans are dillusional and think valverde is the saviour of the club....i can of course acknowledge that la liga is miles and miles above the SL, but the media makes valverde out to be mourinho, when in the grand scheme of football, is a slightly above avg coach...

as far as your top players retiring and being injured etc etc...i dont buy that as an excuse, as a matter of fact that only shows how oly (and most other greek teams) think...short term...if they were interested in long term success, they would have planned for the next generation to your 30-something year old heroes (im not saying that sarcastically, djole, georgatos were great players) once again, by signing players like ibagaza and rommedahl, the club shows they are not thinking long term success...

and i love you too my man  :D  :D

I am ok with most of your comments but Galletti especially had and still has many more years to play if not for his extreme physical problem....we are talking about the 2 year ago first scorer of the club and really a tempo and game changer.

Ibagaza and Rommendahl replace the sold Belluschi and the injure and done Galletti.

The new president needed first to create a base,after last year catastrophic season.Many holes than need to be covered and it is not really easy to spend 100 mil to create a team in less than 2 months and with Valverde Olympiakos as i said before gets 2 things done,1)a coach that is liked by most if not all the fans and players and he is going to be given the time and money and freedom to put together his vision on the pitch and 2)a season with out many games back to back.1 main target was set for him this upcoming season,SL champion.

That is why everybody is so optimistic in Greece......i just want to watch some good ball man,that is all i want....

PS.I would be afraid of Pao also but i need to see you D first after a couple of games to make my mind about it.Center and Forward you guys look really good,goalie also,D give me time....

IMO romendhal and ibagaza do NOT replace galetti and belluschi... not by a long shot..

They are both good players.. but i dont think either can win u a game like those two could

Ibagaza will take Oscar spot that Belluschi had before so he is an upgrade comparing to last year and Rommendahl will take the spot that Zairi/Torosidis and others played last yeat had that Galletti used to have.So in both cases the new players are better or more experienced with what we ended using there last year.

Belluschi was better at presuring defenders and stealing ball,he was playing more as an 8 rather than a 10 than Ibagaza is ,while Galletti liked playing on the right line and creating spaces while Rommendahl likes to come in the middle as an extra forward out of nowhere.

I really liked Galletti and actually met him when i was in Greece so in my brain i have him idolized as another Djole...

as you should crazy, losing galletti was the biggest loss for the team...more so than djole (i mean hey, everyone knew he had to retire sometime soon, oly should have been better prepared for that one)...despite playing different positions/a different style game, the truth is neither ibagaza or rommedahl are the type of players that will take the team by the balls and win a game...neither player is as good or will be as important to the team as galletti was, i dont even think riera will be that player either...neither riera or rommedahl are as natural as goalscorers as galletti, not as quick and not as technical...

also remember age wise galletti was at the peak of his career at 27-29..riera is there, but players like rommedahl and ibagaza are curving downward...

as a pao fan i hated galletti, but as a football fan i loved him...he was a joy to watch and a REAL world class player...on your roster now, you dont have a player like galletti, and thats what u really need...i dont think riera will be that players for you...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just pulled that name out of my hat cuz I know he's available. Has anyone reported that he's interested or been contacted? I'm sure without CL football it won't be as appealing. The guy struggled at the end with Martinez but he's a respected, modern coach. I think he'd be a huge coup for the Greek league.

Wait, hold on as I type this I realize he was just hired by Belgium.