Phantis Forums

Oly v. PANATHINAIKOS

athinaios

OK, it's 1 week away, but I'm sure you guys have something to say about this important game.

I'm very hopeful, more so that I'd have been before the start of the season, given what happened in the summer.

On the other hand, I don't like all those statements of arrogance. Too much trash talk before a game isn't good. I understand the need for confidence boosting, but it's ridiculous what some players are promising 2-3 goals, etc. I don't care about the trashy media but I want to see measured statements by our club.

Trash them after we beat gavroi.

It's a difficult game for both teams and any result is possible. As we saw last year, PAO should have won 1-2, instead we lost because of referreing.

What will happen if for some reason PAO loses this match? Everything collapses? There's a long way left to go.

Another concern I have is about Kapino. It's not just his age but also he doesn't have the experience of being in a match like the one in Karaiskaki. I don't know his psychological state, so I'm just guessing. Perhaps, Kotsolis would be more appropriate in this match. What do you think?

giaxos is going to be reffing this one...oh boy!! :huh: possibly the worst choice...

its a derby, anything can happen, lets hope there are no refereeing issues like last year and they let the best team win...

pao is playing better so far in the league this year, we have been more convincing in playing better football as a team...i dont think anyone can doubt that fact...but, it is a derby and its all open..we all know form means very little in these matches...

karaiskaki is a tough stadium to play in..lets hope the fans behave and dont storm the pitch again...even if they do, they know they wont be punished............

if we play like we have vs paok and aek, we can definitely get at least a draw, which in my opinion would be a pretty good result, even if a win puts us 5 points up...we of course, should go all out for the win

kotsolis, rudolf, toche are out

vyntra is back but marinos will probably retain his spot...this may cause problems as we need help with their set pieces, where they have been dangerous this year..apparently ferreira is thinking of playing simao, vitolo in the middle, pushing katsourani up in place of cleyton...if simao eats up ibagaza, we may be able to stunt their attacking...

2 days, anything can happen!!!

we have everyone at our disposal with the exception of:

toche, rudolf, kotsolis, seitaridis, byarsmyr, ioannidi and the regular lazaro/ninis.

olympiakos will be without:

ibagaza (who could not manage a training sessions this week bc of injury), daskalakis, zaradoukas, fetfatzidis, potouridis, javito, papazoglou and feijsa.

ibagaza is a big loss for them, but fuster and yeste return to the team despite being out for a while and not having match rythym.

i believe we will see the same starting 11 as we were vs aek/paok...i would not be surprised to see a little...surprise with either karagouni or vitolo entering the 11...

i dont think kara should start, but these games require alot of passion and leadership, two qualities that kara have that many players do not...so i would not be shocked to see kara play in this match...

Actually, I'd prefer Kara to start, help set the tone, and be subbed after 1 hr or so.

Also, if Vyntra is healthy and ready should be instead of Marinos.

Ibagasa is a loss for them but I expected Simao to chew him down.

I think this is going to be exciting. Once concern for me is Kapino. Karaiskaki and playing against gavroi is unlike any other game. I don't know if the kid is ready. But, Kotsolis is out so he'll have to do.

Of all our missing players, I'd like to see Ninis, and Lazaro, and Rudolph. The rest can take their time... ;)

Overall it was a good derby..

I liked PAO with their counter attacks and were dangerous w/ Quinn

Olympiacos were the overall better team with the chances and looks strong for the League title again.

It's going to be great to see these 2 teams play again at OAKA

This was a fair result for both teams.

Archived