Phantis Forums

Greece-Russia

pao123

this is the kind of experimentation we all were clamouring for with otto; no reason not to experiment with new, younger players; competition is always a good thing; seems santos has a more open mind about mixing it up a bit......

any word on ninis injury? and what about fetfa? is he injured also?

Frankly, at this point, I'm glad that PAO players aren't the bulk of this team, because I don't want any more injuries. Katsou is the one I worry the most. He's been playing well lately. Kara sits on the bench, so not very concerned, and Kapino won't play anyway.

I don't want to sound too tribal but I'm concerned about losing important players especially when NT games don't really count.

Frankly, at this point, I'm glad that PAO players aren't the bulk of this team, because I don't want any more injuries. Katsou is the one I worry the most. He's been playing well lately. Kara sits on the bench, so not very concerned, and Kapino won't play anyway.

I don't want to sound too tribal but I'm concerned about losing important players especially when NT games don't really count.

i think kapino will get a little time in this match...maybe a half, maybe a bit less but i think santos wants to see what he can do...

either way an injury for him is unlikely...we seem to have bad luck when we send our players to the NT....if this was important i would want our players to play, but i think it would be a mistake for santos to play any pao or oly players for a significant amount of time when this match means absolutely nothing...i knpw these matches are good to test out some new players and such, but these friendlies in my opinion are a waste of time...not only does it disrupt our already....disrupted league, but it is an uneccesary danger for players that are important to their clubs..

imagine if a holebas or toro or kats was seriously hurt in this match? it would be for nothing before one of the most important matches of the season for both clubs...

30'

we are keeping possession pretty well but we look a bit out of position when we dont have the ball at our feet..

samaras had a goal ruled out although i believe it was a really soft call...it should be 1-1...

kats and salpi have also had decent chances...

i think we will pop in a goal, we just need to be careful defending and not being caught out...

31' arshavin with a good chance as we are caught out (one minute after saying we need to be careful)

russian a side where all they need is two quick passes to find a goal...this is what we need to start working on as the level of our opponent increases...

next minute salpi is taken down after breaking thru on goal but no call...had the ref blown he would have had to send zhirkov off...

34' salpi scores but is very offside

samara was on side....not even close.....i

interesting goal for greece...notice the sequence of events......katsou flicks the ball to the top of the box and to his annoyance (he immediately gestures with his arms) nobody is there or somone is late getting there by not pushing up....tsiolis is late to get there but becuase the russian d was sleeping there is soooo much open space....if he was theer he had a direct open clear shot at the entire goal....but he gets there eventually, flicks the ball to gekas who had the presence of mind to quickly volley it to katsou on the other side for an open header.....slapi made the play by hustling down the flank, (thats why he is valuable - low center of gravity - tough on the ball) and gekas presence of mind to swing to the other side....

the top of the box A L W A Y S has so much room because most defenders load up down low.....we have been yapping about box to box for years.....that play is a perfect example of how to force the d to pack it in low, and then u have plenty of room up top, provided your mids/ backs can push up or attack that open space and the wings know that someone will be there to receive the pass.....

offensive comitment ---- it requires confidence that the D will be okay with two less guys getting back, or solid two-way guys......

Filoi, I didn't see this game but I like the results this team has been attaining. And I love this last goal, 4 passes in the box depicts complete composure and that's a wonderful thing to have as a team.

Bravo Santos :tup:

Archived