Phantis Forums

PAOK v. PAO

athinaios

This is going to be a difficult stetch for PAO as they have to play PAOK away, then AEK at home, and Oly away.

This Sunday, I'm hoping for a win and demonstrate that the team can get what it needs in a difficulat away match. PAOK will try to win too, which means they'll be attacking. I think this year we have lots of speed infront so we'll have chances to score.

I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about Cisse, but with our striker gone, I think the team has improved up front. No more long balls to find Cisse, but several players going into the box. I'm not saying that Cisse should have left. All I'm saying is that the way PAO approaches the game isn't to find a lone striker but move the ball and alllow several strikers to attack.

you bring up a very good point, one in which i thought about greatly when cisse was departing. although we lost a star, this gave us the opportunity to play more as a team. this year we see a team playing together and playing for one another, not everyone playing and seeking for one player. i believe it has had a positive impact on the performances of the team. more players are getting involved and although leto has been scoring goals, we see a greater contribution from our midfield and other attacking players...

paok is our biggest test so far, lts hope we live up to the challenge. they too are potent in attack, and although i see us conceeding, i also think we will break their lines. leto will be tightly guarded, but that will hopefully give cleyton and quincy more room to play and create problems. we need 100% from every player to get this result. toumpa is one of the most difficult venues to get a result, we need to put our heads down and play. this will be a firey match, that will see many yellows, we need to make sure we keep our cool.

toche is in, rudolf and vyntra are out, kara and petro are question marks. i believe we will see the same starting 11 as with ergotelis...

end of first half 1-0 pao.

what a fantastic freekick from cleyton. great skill to beat chalkias on his side..overall despite some back and forth action we seemed to be the better side this half even though we have a bit of a problem holding down the midfield..

paok are playing very organized but that is causing them to not be as creative offensively. lets see what the second half is to bring, a win here would be fantastic for us, giving us first place and also building our mental strength and form..

lets go!!!!

So far so good. What I like is that they deservengly won. The team is coming together nicely. Many players have stepped up to the plate.

The PAOK penalty was ridiculous. Only the ref saw it. I'd be very upset if it was a game-changer.

We see how PAO plays against AEK now ;)

this one of the best games ive seen us play in years...by best, i mean as far as a team effort...we looked solid everywhere on the pitch, everyone performed well and most importantly, they all performed together..we even saw it in that cool little dance celebration. the team is playing as one, and that is a result of obvious hard work and good tactics and proper coaching...

we have been building steam, but it will mean nothing if we dont continue the run or have a couple poor performances...we beat aek next week and we go into the big derby with ALOT of confidence...the performances need to continue to improve bc although we got a good result and we did very well, paok was not 100%. the next matches matches will really prove our grit and will set the tone for the rest of this half of the season and maybe even the whole season.

im excited for the team that ferriera has created, it is obvious that the team is working very hard..lets hope we hold this and improve, we cant afford to be even a tiny bit cocky. we are starting to realize what we are capable of, and the teams serious attitude so far has played a big part

My question is whether they can stay focused for the long run. What if they lose next week or the following? It can unravel, because there hasn't been a long train of solid performances yet.

Yet, I'm hopeful.

I thought that this season it was a blessing that PAO has no euro distractions. They're spread thin and needed time to build a solid team instead of chasing results in europe.

Toche and Rudolph are out with serious injuries. I'm not too worried about Toche, because he actually makes the team slower, but I had big hopes for Rudolph.

Archived