Phantis Forums

NGTV NY Programming change?!

It appears as though New Greek Television (NGTV) in NY has made some changes to their programming recently. I noticed that their website has been updated- they have removed the pictures they had on the main page from the various programs they air. The pictures were for shows from Alter, Alpha & MEGA- anyone know if they still air programming from any of these 3 networks?! I also noticed that the schedule link has been removed as well which makes me believe that they no longer have any agreements in place with Alter, Alpha or MEGA? I wonder what this channel now airs- anyone know whether they still have any programming from any Greek network?!

I always wondered why Time Warner Cable never added MEGA Cosmos, it appears as though the reason for that is that this NGTV channel had the rights to MEGA programing. If their contract with NGTV has ended, perhaps TWC customers will finally see MEGA Cosmos added to their lineup?!

I found their schedule on Zap2it: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZC...551&channel=545 From the looks of it, it seems their schedule still consists of programing from ERT, Mega, Alter, and Alpha. Strange that their website does not mention it anymore though. Maybe it is a prelude of things to come?

When I had Time Warner and I had NGTV, they never followed whatever schedule they claimed to have.

I found their schedule on Zap2it: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZC...551&channel=545 From the looks of it, it seems their schedule still consists of programing from ERT, Mega, Alter, and Alpha. Strange that their website does not mention it anymore though. Maybe it is a prelude of things to come?

Why is this channel's programming guide on Dish Network's page?

What is their website's address?

When I had Time Warner and I had NGTV, they never followed whatever schedule they claimed to have.

That is interesting, so it seems the Zap2it schedule is worthless. Would be interesting to hear from a current subscriber to see what is going on then.

It is not on the Dish Network page. You must have your provider/location set to Dish Network on Zap2it, which is why it takes you there. Try clearing your cookie then visiting the link. Their website is http://www.ngtvonline.com

That is interesting, so it seems the Zap2it schedule is worthless. Would be interesting to hear from a current subscriber to see what is going on then.

It is not on the Dish Network page. You must have your provider/location set to Dish Network on Zap2it, which is why it takes you there. Try clearing your cookie then visiting the link. Their website is http://www.ngtvonline.com
Thanks for the info, Grk101.

Never heard of this channel until now, but that's because I don't live in New York. From what I see on these posts, seems sort of a good alternative if you don't want to subscribe to 7 different channels. But I haven't seen this channel to make my own judgment. I guess whoever lives in New York would have a better idea.

National Greek TV was created about 40 years ago by Demetris Kastanas. Used to be the only greek programming on channel 47 now is only latino channel. He used to broadcast only on sunday for 2 hours and expanded to 4 hours programming. With the cable era Kastanas was the first to go there since he was able to have a 12 hour program together with Croatia program and later on became 24 hours. Kastanas used to get materials mostly from ERT but later on was getting materials from other private channels including Ant1, MEGA, Alpha etc. Since the rest of my family still has NGTV and I dont, he still gets program from most of the greek tv stations including soccer games, from Ert.

Archived