Irlandos

Olympiakos' schedule is as follows:

1. Olympiakos - Marseille

2. Arsenal - Olympiakos

3. Olympiakos - Borrusia

4. Marseille - Olympiakos

5. Borrusia - Olympiakos

6. Olympiakos - Arsenal

If Arsenal have qualified by match day 6, Olympiakos may be facing their seconds on that day - at home. The schedule is very good but ONLY if Olympiakos defeat Marseille on the opening day.

I saw this game, ManU-Arse, one of the most entertaining games I've watched in a very long time.

Yet, don't underestimate Arsenal. They knew this game was a lost one even before they entered the pitch... missing key players, and their new stars aren't ready yet.

Borusia Dortmunt and Arsenal are still the favorites to go through.

This is an extremely tough draw...

I believe that we'll do fair against all of them w/ plenty of ties.

If we get 3rd place it will be a positive result for this group...

Can't really say who's going to win or be second or 4th just becasue I feel that anyone can finish in either one of these spots.

No matter what good luck to Olympiacos and I hope they play well and play for the team.

i was about to say if there is a year to face arsenal, now is it, BUT after following the transfers last night, wenger made some really great deals...you guys should hope they dont tie together as a team before you play them...

they signed arteta, chu-young, santos, mertesacker and benayoun all in the last hour/day of the transfer period seriously strengthening their squad...marseille and borussia are also two very tough clubs...

i was about to say if there is a year to face arsenal, now is it, BUT after following the transfers last night, wenger made some really great deals...you guys should hope they dont tie together as a team before you play them...

they signed arteta, chu-young, santos, mertesacker and benayoun all in the last hour/day of the transfer period seriously strengthening their squad...marseille and borussia are also two very tough clubs...

I don't think it made any difference who Arsenal signed to be honest, we're talking about a team in crisis that went and won comfortably at Udinese in the qualifying round. They would have been hot favourites whatever happened.

Benayoun is nothing special any more though, Arteta has had some serious injury problems and one wonders whether he's still the same player he was last season, young is good but not an improvement over anything Arsenal already had. Santos is a good player but Salpingidis had a good game against him when PAOK beat Fenerbahce. He's great going forward but leaves space in behind. Mertesacker is very good but a little slow on the turn, so maybe Mirallas can target him by running at him. So they aren't that good. My prediction? Arsenal 5-0 Olympiakos and Olympiakos 0-2 Arsenal :P

arsenal had a huge amount of difficulty beating udinese..they barely squeezed by at home, and seemed outclassed by an above average team..they won in italy, but hardly comfortably...they have starter the season disasterous, not just selling two of their best players but also performing poorly in the league...the 8-2 v united is a thumping...one they will feel less with the regeneration of the newer signings. arteta is a great player and if he stays fit will add the neccesary experience in the middle...benayoun is a class player as well that has PLENTY of high level experience...that is what the team need, the experience to balance out the young and jumpy team...chu young adds another spark and santos was signed for his attacking capabilities, not defending...

i think these signings will make a difference at the club, wenger knows what he is doing, its a step in the right direction for them after losing nasri and fab...every game arsenal have played so far this season, they have looked like a mid-level premier league team.. after these signings the atmosphere has changed after an abysmal start.

totally agree about your prediction though...seems accurate but ill give oly the benefit of the doubt and 4-0 away and 2-1 at home :D

in all honesty i hope olympiakos go through, greece needs some points and bad! of course, their home form will be vital and they will need to pull some draws away or even a surprise win...it will be very very tough for them though and i see a realistic 3rd/4th finish...

Archived