Phantis Forums

APOEL - Wisla Krakow

Irlandos

HALF TIME: APOEL 1-0 Wisla (1-1 agg)

if it continues like this it's only a matter of time before APOEL score again, they've completely dominated the game and they're looking dangerous.

APOEL have 225 passes made, 78% completed. compared to wisla's 96 passes attempted and just 59% completed. They are teaching them a footballing lesson, it's great! The grass is dry and bumpy though and that's actually worked against APOEL though because some times passes have bobbled or been under hit at key moments. I think it's ridiculous that they haven't watered it when it's clear that it suits APOEL's short passing style

btw, at the beginning of the game the Sky commentator, Gary Taphouse said: "of all the years i've ever watched champions league football i've never heardd the champions league anthem drowned out like it was just there but the apoel fans"

67 mins gone, this referee is an a-hole giving them EVERY decision! APOEL still winning 2-0 and looking very comfortable, Chiotis hasn't had a shot to save but it's worrying that APOEL have allowed their tempo to drop. It's not 3-0 guys, stop relaxing and go for it!

Hollywood ending :-D sweet victory for Apoel! If they play this type of footy (except the very sloppy defending at the krakow goal) i don't think they will be an easy punching bag for the big teams. At least not at home! Let's hope they don't end up with Oly in the group stages. They could definitly harm our chances to get thru :-o

Yeah APOEL was lucky with the final goal but over the 2 legs there's no doubt in my mind that they deserved it. They gave Wisla a footballing lesson today and certainy deserve their place in the CL.

Sharpos APOEL didn't shame themselves last time out either. They were in the group of death with Chelsea, Porto and Atletico and drew with chelsea at Stamford Bridge and with Atletico twice, and they didn't lose any games by more than one goal. Furthermore they only finished bottom of the group on goal difference, behind Atletico Madrid who ended up going to the UEFA Cup where they won the competition!

Cypriot football is very strong. The top 4 in Cyprus would all be fighting for a play off spot in Greece, APOEL might even be title challengers if they had a centre forward. In fact they kind of remind me of PAOK, both in their strengths and weaknesses. So there's no reason they can't do well. Like you though I hope they avoid Olympiakos in the draw

well deserved win by apoel, good to see the cypriot teams doing good. i too hope they avoid olympiakos in the draw ( even though it could be a nice 4-6 points for olympiakos in champions league) . the cypriots have my support, like always in europe, im sure they can pull off at least one major upset.

Archived