Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

On 8/2/2019 at 3:46 PM, Soprano76 said:

Meli seems to be a cheap-o these past couple of seasons...

That is a fair criticism. He is really focused on opening the new stadium with no debt. Really should have spent some more money last season. Could have tried for second (no one was catching Paok).

• Like it 1

• 4 months later...

I wouldnt worry about the signings just yet.  AEK will plod along for now, until the Gipedo is finished, and then they will splash the cash to get the bums on seats.

Its standard operating procedures really.

• 2 weeks later...

In big news for AEK - 

Nelson Oliveira looks to be on his way to Wolves in the EPL for 6.5 million - AEK rejected their initial offer of 4.4 million but it's almost certain, Wolves will match the 6.5 asking price.

Sergio Araujo will replace the Portuguese forward as AEK look to BUY him this time for 3 million

All to be confirmed in coming days

82979937_10162917074705582_1664756433763

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we can challenge PAOK if we sort out our back line, Insua is a great singing but we really do need another CB and a better RB. Olympiakos is losing some key players and replacing with aged players, they are usually good players for the SL but keep an eye on that

I don't see them adding a right back, but I am willing to be surprised. They are trying to move Verde and Oikonomou. I understand with Oikonomou, not so much with Verde as there are no other natural right wingers on the team. I don't love Verde as a player but he is still somewhat young and can improve.

I think you have to either renew Livaja soon or move him while there is some interest. 

Mantalos looks set for a career ending move to UAE but they money is pretty good for him at 3 million euros over 2 seasons.

We have our eyes on Grigoris Kastanos as a replacement... comes from Pescara in the Serie B... Cypriot guy

We are also looking at Karim Ansarifard as another striker, used to play for OSFP, was very good with them, hope he is still just as good

Karim Ansarifard official for 3 years. I like that move.

Galanopoulos renewed so Kastanos likely out of the picture. Mixed on that one but like to keep an acadmey kid. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season.

Mantalos onto UAE for some nice retirement money. Guessing he returns to Aek to finish his career after a few years in the UAE.

Guessing they add 2 more players. Would like anothe keeper but don't see that happening.

• 4 weeks later...