Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

Well the whole Diaz fiasco was a waste as he ended up joining some Mexican club....

Our attention has turned to Sergio Araujo, currently plays for La Liga side Las Palmas.

He had a good record in the 2nd division scoring 25 goals in 43 games, in La Liga its not as good with 7 goals in 34 appearances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Araujo

He has stated he wants to join us, but the club president has stated there could be some difficulties. 

Gremio of Brazil are also interested.

He's exactly the kind of striker we need. Unlike Pekhart and Almeida, he doesn't need the midfield to create chances for him, and he is useful outside of the box as well. He can create chances on his own; he has good speed, good technical ability, and most importantly, he is only 24 years old. We offered to take him on loan for 18 months and a buyout option at the end of it, he wants to come, and according to all reports, all that is left is for Las Palmas to finalize the signing of his replacement. Hopefully that aren't wrong, and Melissanidis actually gives some money. 

He had fallen out with Las Palmas a few days ago after he was seen drinking. He also had a DUI in Septemeber, so this would be his last chance to save his career. That also means that he's in shape to play since he hasn't been off for a long time. Hopefully he comes determined to prove himself because he can potentially be the best player in the Super League, assuming he stays away from alcohol. 

We have one week to complete the Araujo signing, but we also need at least one more signing. This team really needs a left back that has similar skills as Galo. Didac last year was a good defender, but this year his defensive performances have dipped. At the same time, he is horrible in attack and is a waste of space. He can stay on as a backup, but if we replace him with someone like Galo then we become instantly better as a team, plus Almeida and Pekhart will become more significant because we would have another player that can play a good cross into them, and exploit their skill set.

We also need another winger for depth, but with re-emergence of Vargas and the improvement of Lazaros, it's not a huge priority, it would just be nice to have. Ideally, we bring back Barbosa, he would actually be perfect for this team off of the bench to provide a spark with his speed, plus, he knows the team and can score. 

Edited by Original 21

Although I think this kid can be good for us I wont hold my breath, Diaz said the same things about wanting to come if we believe reports. Las Palmas president said Araujo will be leaving by end of the week also but they need to find a replacement. I will wait until I see him in Athens before I get excited.

I do agree that we need another LB also, Didac has been terrible this season.

Edited by Original Sydney

Early reports say he will be with us on loan for 18 months and there is a buyout clause at the end of it to make the deal permanent. We are paying him 1.2 Million euros over the next year and a half, and a small loan fee to Las Palmas. Unless something ridiculous happens, we have just gotten a great player. 

12 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Early reports say he will be with us on loan for 18 months and there is a buyout clause at the end of it to make the deal permanent. We are paying him 1.2 Million euros over the next year and a half, and a small loan fee to Las Palmas. Unless something ridiculous happens, we have just gotten a great player. 

As long as he finds his way out of the bottle. 

Don't expect him to start or play any time soon, he hasn't played a professional game since May when he was on loan to a team in Switzerland, that team was relegated as well. Either way, Didac has gotten much better under Jimenez which is a good sign. Hopefully Vinicius can prove to be good, but I'm not expecting really anything out of him until next season.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...