Phantis Forums

AEK Transfer Talk

george21

Because Ketsbaia is looking for a centerback as well, and this guy would be a huge signing. If we are going to struggle to score goals we might as well hold down the clean sheet, plus the ridiculous amount of height we will have this year will make us lethal on set pieces. Sign Senderos, Patito, a good striker to get us 12-15 more goals, and a decent midfielder and we are in great shape.

I agree original he would be a top signing for us and one with plenty of experience. He will add heaps to us at the back, but we need to sort this striker problem out now as the last 2 seasons we have gotten by with luck, we won't have that luck on our side forever. We are a good 2 players short of what we need, just hope we get those positions filled

Pay money you get players. Dont pay and you can blame all everyhting and everyone.

Not a dig at aek but at your comment.

How did panathiankos, paok and olympiacos attract players in offseason and some very decent players across the board as well.

He better be worth it especially if Meli is willing to splash that on one guy. Could be worse as Dikefale says but I just don't know if he's what we are missing and his age doesn't help us as in a year or 2 we are back to square 1... Everyone deserves a chance so welcome Hugo (seems it will be confirmed later today) get us into Europe

Taking everything into consideration its a good signing considering we only have a few days before we have to register our team for the games vs St Etienne.

At least we know he has the quality to put the ball in the back of the net, his record at Besiktas and Werder Bremen are good aswell as his NT record. Now weither he still has that quality is unknownc, based on his performances since leaving Besiktas in 2014 it doesnt look good, however, at least he has a somewhat proven track record, the Greek league is nothing special so he could make it.

It still leaves us with the rest of the summer to get someone better in, but in the mean time with the St Etienne games coming up id prefer to have him on the team than not too.

Has all the signs of a dud transfer. I hope I'm wrong.

Almeida is physically a big guy. He doesn't have to score 15 or 10 goals (which, judging by his last few seasons he is unlikely to do so at AEK) but if he can hold the ball up and bring in Mantalos, Bakasetas and the wingers then that's how he can contribute.

Edited by Akritis_1944

...his performances since leaving Besiktas in 2014 it doesnt look good, however, at least he has a somewhat proven track record, the Greek league is nothing special so he could make it.

I think you'll find that every time someone makes the same flippant and ignorant comment about the standard of the League they end up with egg on their face.

E.g. Buononotte, Berbatov, Essien being only 3 examples from last season.

No these players didn't set the League on fire. They were quickly gone. So you want to have a think again how Almeida will do?

Buonanotte actually had a ok season, just wasnt like by any if the managers. Betbatov i didnt focus on tbh and Essien was injured for he majority of his time at PAO?

Like i said the Greek league is far from anything special, he bossed it in Turkey which is not that far ahead or if anything pn par with us. 2 years is a long time so im sure he wont be as good as he was with them but what can you do he transfer is done and the only thing we can do is stay positive.

He has good attributes, might be a the nice poacher we need, good height and strenght, doubt he bas much pace, but thats not that big a problem.

Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that the last 2 years were a glich and he can get back to his Werder Bremen/Besiktas form.